PDA

View Full Version : I got my first bike last night

hitch
20th February 2007, 09:46
OOoh i'm sooo excited I got my first bike last night (virago 250) and had a little ride around the house, :banana: :wari: . I was a bit wobbly and didn't get out of first gear but I did it :yes: . Now I just need to wait for my man to get home from work and we're off to the park for some lessons. Whoo hoo

vifferman
20th February 2007, 09:49
Congratulations!
It gets easier with a bit of speed up. :yes: Once you're moving, the wobbles will go away.

crashe
20th February 2007, 09:53
OOoh i'm sooo excited I got my first bike last night (virago 250) and had a little ride around the house, :banana: :wari: . I was a bit wobbly and didn't get out of first gear but I did it :yes: . Now I just need to wait for my man to get home from work and we're off to the park for some lessons. Whoo hoo

Welcome to the VIRAGO :love: club.......

Yay another one amongest our midst.... yipeeeeeeee

Any tips and things you want to know about them, just ask me......
Done 98,000kms on mine to date.

Where in "Northland" are you?

Lissa
20th February 2007, 10:04
Awesome Hitch!!!! Its a great feeling accomplishing something even if its just riding around the house... (I rode around the trampoline about 1000 times). Even better on the road, enjoy and be safe. :)

Nasty
20th February 2007, 10:10
Good on ya .. you gotta love those viragos :scooter:

Terminated
20th February 2007, 10:12
Take it Easy
Heads Up and Enjoy

hitch
20th February 2007, 10:31
Welcome to the VIRAGO :love: club.......

Yay another one amongest our midst.... yipeeeeeeee

Any tips and things you want to know about them, just ask me......
Done 98,000kms on mine to date.

Where in "Northland" are you?

Sorry if I get this wrong im new at replying to anything . I can start a thread easy as lol. I am in Bay of Islands area. And thanks for the offer.

TerminalAddict
20th February 2007, 11:31
nice choice of bike

hitch
20th February 2007, 15:28
You are soo right! I got itchy feet by lunchtime with my wait for my man to get home. So I took the key and went for a ride out the back of the farm, I got up to 40ks woo hoo lol, and it was sooo much easier to keep a steady balance. I felt so confident I was tempted to head down the drive and hit the highway! But my commonsense got the better of me. Maybe tomorrow lol.

ManDownUnder
20th February 2007, 15:33
I got my first bike last night

:niceone:

mud boy
20th February 2007, 15:37
so y has 'Bike' got 2005 yamaha XV250T lol

cool bike

quallman1234
20th February 2007, 16:04
Congrats Have fun on it!, my bike has just done 1000km :).

fjones
21st February 2007, 07:54
Awesome! Have fun with the virago......

SDU
21st February 2007, 09:45
Congrats! Hope you enjoy your new toy! :rockon:
Great to see another Gal out there learning to ride.

Skunk Control
21st February 2007, 22:02
Awesome...

Chisanga
21st February 2007, 22:09
Nice choice of bike.... enjoy it :)

ravenfeeder
21st February 2007, 22:56
CONGRATULATIONS Hitch! Excellent you got your bike - you beat me! Way to go girl. Hopefully we will both be on the road soon. Hey, have you got your L's yet? Hey how much did you pay for your bike?

John Banks
21st February 2007, 23:12
so y has 'Bike' got 2005 yamaha XV250T lol

May have something to do with "Yamaha Virago - XV250" (http://www.yamaha-motor.co.nz/motor/index.htm?model_cat.asp?modelcatid=11).

hitch
22nd February 2007, 11:41
CONGRATULATIONS Hitch! Excellent you got your bike - you beat me! Way to go girl. Hopefully we will both be on the road soon. Hey, have you got your L's yet? Hey how much did you pay for your bike?

:yes: Oh thanks. I do my basic handling cert in two weeks. And I got my bike for $5000

Guitana
22nd February 2007, 17:15
So you actually rode your bike around your house ?? Your living room must be huge!!! I rode a bike through my mates house in Brisbane once and crashed it in the wash house!!!!
Well done be safe and keep a look out for idiots on the road!!!!

ravenfeeder
23rd February 2007, 03:59
:yes: Oh thanks. I do my basic handling cert in two weeks. And I got my bike for $5000
Cool Hitch!! Nice price too from wht i have seen (hope you didnt mind me asking). I do my BH Cert next weekend too. Is looking like i am going to get a GN as good price, good learners and felt pretty good sitting on it. Might even be getting it this weekend YAHOO! :)

hitch
23rd February 2007, 07:09
Cool Hitch!! Nice price too from wht i have seen (hope you didnt mind me asking). I do my BH Cert next weekend too. Is looking like i am going to get a GN as good price, good learners and felt pretty good sitting on it. Might even be getting it this weekend YAHOO! :)

No worries and yes I am very happy with the price, a fella bought it for his wife but she didn't like the idea of riding. Its only done 1000ks! All the best in getting a bike this weekend its all very exciting. :niceone:

hitch
23rd February 2007, 07:11
So you actually rode your bike around your house ?? Your living room must be huge!!! I rode a bike through my mates house in Brisbane once and crashed it in the wash house!!!!
Well done be safe and keep a look out for idiots on the road!!!!
Thanks for the lol and support. :scooter:

crashe
23rd February 2007, 07:22
No worries and yes I am very happy with the price, a fella bought it for his wife but she didn't like the idea of riding. Its only done 1000ks! All the best in getting a bike this weekend its all very exciting. :niceone:

1000kms, cor blimey its not even run in yet........

Have you got the little owners manual....... check out when it needs its first service etc etc..... and get them done.

Lube the chain every 500kms........ and strip and clean it properly and then relube it every 3000km...... that way the chain will last a long time....

If you have the original tyres on the bike....... they should last you around 17000kms approx, depending on how you ride.

SpinFx
23rd February 2007, 14:09
Good on ya Hitch, you make me proud. Glad to see your happy with your bike and I look forward to many journeys in the future. It's quiet at work so I thought I'd say Hi. see you soon. xoxox

Guitana
23rd February 2007, 14:15
Good on ya Hitch, you make me proud. Glad to see your happy with your bike and I look forward to many journeys in the future. It's quiet at work so I thought I'd say Hi. see you soon. xoxox

Get back to work SPIN!!!!!!:nono: :nono: :nono: :angry:

hitch
23rd February 2007, 14:45
1000kms, cor blimey its not even run in yet........

Have you got the little owners manual....... check out when it needs its first service etc etc..... and get them done.

Lube the chain every 500kms........ and strip and clean it properly and then relube it every 3000km...... that way the chain will last a long time....

If you have the original tyres on the bike....... they should last you around 17000kms approx, depending on how you ride.

Jeepers you must know these bike like the back of your hand. And yes I got a manual. Thanks for the info :yes:

bert_is_evil
23rd February 2007, 15:59
Yay! You should be up to speed by KB trackday in May:yes:

Scorpygirl
23rd February 2007, 16:35
Yahoooooo!!!! Another Virago rider. :sunny: Awesome Hitch!! :Punk: After 97,000 km on her Virago ,Crashe definitely knows a thing or two (or three) about them!!! :scooter: Good luck for the BHS test next weekend.

mstriumph
23rd February 2007, 16:50

sheesh!! the number of threads we have had on here where the wife wants to ride and the bloke wants to stop her ........ how bloody MISERABLE that here's a bloke with his head screwed on the right way and his stupid WIFE 'doesn't like the idea of riding" sheesh!!

good for you, though, hitch!!! you are gonna have such a great time!!!!

when do we see some pics?? :sunny:

shafty
23rd February 2007, 17:26
Good on ya mATEY!

shafty
23rd February 2007, 18:07
Good on ya mATEY!

Daffyd
23rd February 2007, 20:04
Good choice of bike. Keep up the good work!

NighthawkNZ
23rd February 2007, 20:06

Kewl, nice bike to learn on...

Ride easy, ride right ride safe... :) :scooter: have fun

heyjoe
25th February 2007, 23:41
Great stuff.

Enjoy yourself out there and learn at your pace. Congrats on the bike!

hitch
27th February 2007, 07:20
Yay! You should be up to speed by KB trackday in May:yes:

What is this ??????????? KB trackday?

pzkpfw
27th February 2007, 07:29
...I was tempted... But my commonsense...

You are off to a great start.