PDA

View Full Version : Any idea if those boots are any good?

Street Gerbil
21st February 2007, 10:25
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Boots/auction-88958959.htm

avgas
21st February 2007, 10:40
dunno - but i was lookn at them as well. look ok

NinjaNanna
21st February 2007, 10:47
You pay for what you get,

I HAVE a pair of these and they are perfectly fine.

Though I bought mine from the Motomail Factory Outlet in Auckland sometime around September last year and I think I only paid $125.

I am happy with the boots.

0arbreaka
22nd February 2007, 00:40
You pay for what you get

That is exactly why I spent vast amounts of money on my riding setup, I dont want have to walk with a limp for the rest of my life because half of my foot is on the road!

NinjaNanna
22nd February 2007, 08:00
Patd0g has a point, when buying protective gear you should always buy the best that you can afford (preferably with out going into debt).

But I still maintain that if these are what you can afford they are 1000% better than riding in normal shoes and worth every cent.

By the way if CycleTreads on Barrys Point Road in Takapuna also has a good range of boots.

Street Gerbil
22nd February 2007, 12:23
Ok, I assume they are better (thanks to shin guard) than my unarmored Korean-made Kiwisports. The question is: will $400 sidi tepora boots from cycletreads be safer or just more comfortable for walking around and cooler-looking?

The Stranger
22nd February 2007, 12:32
Ok, I assume they are better (thanks to shin guards) than my unarmored Korean-made Kiwisports. The question is: will $400 sidi tepora boots from cycletreads be safer or just more comfortable for walking around and cooler-looking?

I have been wearing those same boots each time I have binned (the exact number is a closely guarded secret) and have had no foot injuries. Not saying they are safer than your more expensive boots, but hey they are better than nothing.

Main reasons I prefer these boots are.
100% waterproof till the end.
They are comfortable enough to wear, walk and stand in all day, no problem. This is a requirement for RRRS.
I can go into a client's office without squeeking and not look like I just walked through an avery.

NinjaNanna
22nd February 2007, 13:00
Looks like its up to you now, 2 independent recommendations and no bad reports.

I would say its all up to personal preference now. :scooter:

BTW I find mine comfortable as well, no complaints there.