PDA

View Full Version : To Paeroa and beyond.......

Steve_R6R
21st February 2007, 20:51
Arrived on Friday at Paeroa armed with a huge trailer and tow vehicle kindly supplied by

http://www.nztrailers.co.nz/

Promptly positioned it at the end of the back straight so the crew could see all the action and "other" attractions that wandered under their noses.:blip:

We got unpacked and after a breif period of bike wrestling, suspension sums and carefully confused measuring of saggy bike bits the crew told me to "just ride the fuckin thing". I managed to get abit more lifting and holding out of them before the abondoned me and my algebra for the comforts of the chillibin and its contents. I wasn't too worried as I had some quality help coming for my suspension setup. It never arrived :shit:

The track had been resurfaced from last year and it was heaps better. Having raced here for the first time year I had something to focus my nerves on, and it was 100 times easier.

Practice was interesting, pushing it here, screwing up there, consistantly inconsistant.

Started the first race in the middle of the back row as I hadn't race at Wangas.

Got a reasonable start (but still nearly last), and was starting to reel in a couple of riders when that yellow bike went down along with Nick Prestige. I managed to avoid the mess and picked up another spot on the back straight. Coming onto the front straight a rider is down, legs and flags go out, we all slow down. I hope Jason is OK and not too much damage, but don't see him the rest of the day. We are restarted from original grid positions and I do it all again in a few more laps to finnish 10th. A highlight of this race was going around the outside of KZ on the kink on the front straight, we were pretty close and I had good drive and was gaining on him when he rolled off the gas and fired a three foot flame out of his exhaust at me! I nearly shat me pants and buttoned off too, had to pass him some other place.

We watch some more racing from the roof of the trailer, checking cleavage between races. I'm hoping hoping hoping I'm quick enough to race in the HMR. I know I'm within the fastest 35 riders on the day, but half of us (35) are still too slow to make the cut - bugger.

Race 2 was cool cause I got bumped up to the second row for the start, I spent most of the race trying to get around Craig Frethy on his Itallion Stallion (Duc749). Finnish all too soon with a 9th cool, but 12 laps of racing is just a tease. I'm back next year for sure.

Home via the Naki nackered @ 2.30am, work at 7am yee haa.

Good to see you Gav, sorry it took me a minute to click who you were with no bike and bits, next year will be heaps easier for you KZ, saw Goblin, and frosty doin it out there. Pitting next to the side car boyz was entertaining, they know how to enjoy a weekend.

Thanks to the marshals and organisers.

Thanks also to DAFT Contractors Wellington for their contacts for transport and parts from Darbis.

Thanks also to Foot Engineering Napier for Tyres and child support!

Thanks Hewitts motorcycles, not sure what for just yet

Will post photos as the come to hand, anyone got any of #91 in F2 ?

See ya at the Minefeild Nats faster than B4......

HDTboy
22nd February 2007, 09:51
See you tomorrow mate

kickingzebra
22nd February 2007, 10:50
I love this bike... lol!! i was getting that same moment every time a lapper came around me at the nats... damn good fun.... something so visceral about fire out the pipe!

Was surprised you got me, in the second race I was riding like a pussy. Still the feeling of impending doom never caught up with me, so was a great day!! look forward to racing you at manfield and puke!!! catch you then!

Steve_R6R
26th February 2007, 23:27
..anybody else got photos of this thing race day and and or bike #91 f2. Waylander ?
Cheers

Cleve
27th February 2007, 07:14
You were looking good at Paeroa Steve. (I was spectating not racing). Not so good at end of Manfeild though... Bike looked a bit damaged...Hope you and the bike are all OK?

You also made me jump start in that first race! You were between my line of sight to the lights. You jumped and I copied you.

Bloody Jono and his flame thrower exhaust pipe! Just hope he doesn't pass on your left side. Otherwise some part of you/your bike will get fried!