PDA

View Full Version : Getting airbox seats on

Hanne
21st February 2007, 21:52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having problems putting the airbox seats back onto the carbs... Does anyone know of any way to make it easier? I have tried heating the the boots up, so far they have been very stubborn and refused to go on....
The thing is, when we opened up my bike to access the carbs etc the other day the seats were actually not on... So i don't know if the last owner just thought it was too difficult to do or what. This is probably the source of my original problems! And something i need to fix, so any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks,
Hanne

98tls
21st February 2007, 21:55
Dip your finger in oil..........wipe around the boots and bobs your uncle..........

skidMark
21st February 2007, 21:56
had the exact same problem with my gpx (same engine the ex250)..... drove me insane for hours..... and after i got them on they kept falling off anyways.... but i managed to get em half on once and put some clamps around them and that held it....never could get em all the way on but it still went fine

skidMark
21st February 2007, 21:57
Dip your finger in oil..........wipe around the boots and bobs your uncle..........

or try that...hahaha

Hanne
21st February 2007, 22:14
oil didnt do the trick but the combination of a heater and hours of wriggling saw it finally go on...

heating it up is the way to go, it makes the rubber much more pliable :yes:

skidMark
21st February 2007, 22:17
well done.....:rockon: