PDA

View Full Version : North Island: The final legs - Ride for Life

yungatart
22nd February 2007, 06:41
THE FINAL LEG

DAY 20 Thursday 22nd February
Picton to Masterton (On the 5.45am Sailing)
Distance = 280km
Meeting – 8.30am – 8.45am
Departs – 9.00am
Interislander Ferry Terminal
Wellington

Another easy day with the Interislander crossing, then its over the Rimutakas, before hitting the Wairarapa, we head south once we reach Featherston, along Lake Wairarapa and across to the North Islands most Southern point at Ngawi. We then head back through Martinborough and Greytown before finishing in Masterton for a well deserved rest day before the final days ride

The times are approximate and are subject to change, we would advise that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the time shown.
If you want to find out where we are please txt or call (027) 3446372 (please no calls after 9pm), If would like to join us you are very welcome, please ensure you pay your $25 donation upon arrival, and please try and have the correct change.

yungatart
23rd February 2007, 07:35
Rest day today - preparing for the final leg home to Napier on Saturday.

Lissa
23rd February 2007, 10:42
Awesome, me and elle as well as pom1 and his partner are going to be in Masterton tomorrow to ride toward Napier. We arent sure at this stage if we are going to go all the way, as the weather doesnt look too flash.

Wasp27
23rd February 2007, 15:06
Awesome, me and elle as well as pom1 and his partner are going to be in Masterton tomorrow to ride toward Napier. We arent sure at this stage if we are going to go all the way, as the weather doesnt look too flash.
It looks real good from up here....:sunny: gonna be an awesome final leg... see ya there..cheers Warrick

James Deuce
23rd February 2007, 15:20
Did I see them in Carterton yesterday? If I did that Zukin is a big fella!

MSTRS
23rd February 2007, 15:33
Yes Jim, he is a giant of a man (just small in stature)

James Deuce
23rd February 2007, 15:34
Then his wife is a midget. :dodge:

MSTRS
23rd February 2007, 15:38
Don't say that within earshot of 'our' Carissa

yungatart
23rd February 2007, 16:05
Then his wife is a midget. :dodge:

Are you feeling particularly brave today?...or stupid??

yungatart
23rd February 2007, 16:13
Details for tomorrow.
Lets make sure we have 100 riders (at least) for their final leg.

DAY 22 Saturday 24th February
THE FINAL DAY – Masterton to Napier

Distance = 350km
Meeting – 9.30am – 10.30am
Departs – 10.30am
Dave Anderson Suzuki
Queen Street
Masterton

Other Meeting Places
Pahiatua @ 11.15am
Tony Jury Motorcycles
94 - 96 Main Street
Pahiatua

Dannevirke @12.00pm
Dannevirke Suzuki
1 Holden Place
Dannevirke

Waipukurau @12.45pm
Waipukurau Motorcycles
Takapau Road
Waipukurau

The times are approximate and are subject to change, we would advise that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the time shown.
If you want to find out where we are please txt or call (027) 3446372 (please no calls after 9pm), If would like to join us you are very welcome, please ensure you pay your $25 donation upon arrival, and please try and have the correct change.

yungatart
24th February 2007, 07:26
*bump*
Calling all Wairarapa, Manawatu, Hawkes bay and Wellington bikers to support this.
It is the final day of an epic journey.
100+ bikers to lead them home!

Lissa
24th February 2007, 08:52
I'm READY!! Just waiting for elle to turn up. Going to take my camera too. :sunny:

elle-f
25th February 2007, 07:04
I rode with these guys to Dannevirke yesterday and it was just great fun. awesome people :)

Wasp27
25th February 2007, 07:42
I rode with these guys to Dannevirke yesterday and it was just great fun. awesome people :)

We certainly had a wonderful day, my apologies to those that made the trip right through to the end, I left the switch on during the day which flattened the battery a wee bit...hence the not so sunny day I promised.. but still it was good to meet other K.Bers...at the risk of repeating myself...what a nice bunch of people you all are...Spank-you must take credit for establishing such a forum that brings all these good folk together:first: To Scott and Carissa..an awesome effort and sacrifice by you and indeed the others that participated in this fund raiser...I am proud to support your efforts...Steve-thanks for the encouragement to ride this final leg...your good company. and to the Matriarch of our Mid-Week rides...your back in the groove again 'tart' was a good ride...just do your own thing girl...once again thanks you lot for an enjoyable day....and to the rest..WHERE THE BLOODY HELL WERE YOU ??????
Cheers W

elle-f
25th February 2007, 17:57
Wasp now i know who you are! I followed you from Masterton to Pahiatua and you were the reason I bought earplugs HAHA I loved the sound of your bike btw. You are right as well about the people

pom1
25th February 2007, 18:44
had a great time out with you guys/ girls ,well done scott and his crew,not forgetting the surpport crew(in the van).
had a good ride back to masterton better weather on the return trip but lonely hahahah.

Lissa
25th February 2007, 18:59
Wish I could have made it all the way to Napier, but my bum was sore enough going to Danniverk :shutup: So where do I post the pics I took yesterday?

Zukin
25th February 2007, 19:45
Hi Lissa

You can post your pics in this thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=44892), we cant wait to see some :)

Great to meet you too

Cheers Scott