PDA

View Full Version : Pocket races!

Velox
12th August 2004, 00:07
One of my mates wants to race his little pocket rocket and I think he's going to ask TSS (Wgtn) 'cause they were organising something. Anyone know what the story is? It'll be a bit of fun to watch eh?! I'm guessing they'll just close off a carpark somewhere and chalk up a track.

Eddieb
12th August 2004, 12:29
Hey Velox

TSS normally bring a couple of bikes to the bucket racing. For advertising more than anything I think. There was someone is the mini 50 class 2 months ago racing on one.

Velox
13th August 2004, 00:39
Oh ok. It would be funny if they organised a proper race though eh?! Do you know when/where the bucket races are on?

Eddieb
13th August 2004, 08:39
Oh ok. It would be funny if they organised a proper race though eh?! Do you know when/where the bucket races are on?

Next round is the 29th at Tawa market gardens. Practices start at a bit after 10, racing will start around or just after midday.

If enough people with them turned up it would be cool. It's just getting them aware that it happens I guess. I've seen them race overseas and it's quite funny.

Devil
13th August 2004, 10:12
FYI.
www.minimoto.co.nz

Eddieb
13th August 2004, 11:41
FYI.
www.minimoto.co.nz

12HP!! I better trade in the gs125, the minimotos might be quicker.

Then again granny in her electric wheelchair would be quicker than me.

Velox
13th August 2004, 11:49
I'll be down south on the 29th but I might pop over to Tawa the next month (I'm guessing it'll be the 26th?). Thanks guys!

Eddieb
13th August 2004, 11:54
I'll be down south on the 29th but I might pop over to Tawa the next month (I'm guessing it'll be the 26th?). Thanks guys!

Indeed it will be the 26th but is at General Motors in Upper Hutt.