PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a leather jacket

ravenfeeder
23rd February 2007, 00:21
Hey just wondering if anyone can point me in right direction in purchasing a good quality leather riding jacket in Auckland. Best places, stockist, deals, brands etc. Want one with armour - not sure if light or heavy yet - any recomendations/tips on any or all of the above, greatly appreciated.

Gremlin
23rd February 2007, 00:47
oh dear... I'm going to sound like a quasi whore... but visit www.quasimoto.co.nz

Send a pm to White Trash (Quasi mate who sells in Auckers) or Quasievil, or Quasimoto...

armour, padding etc, even custom fit iirc. Best price for features really :2thumbsup

ravenfeeder
23rd February 2007, 00:51
Hehe Gremlin, thanks for that will go look at their site. Hope they make decent sizes as would need a large or x/large (16) and i know from previous experience alot of stockists tend to go a smaller fitting for the women. Hehe think it is showing preference lol ;)

Gremlin
23rd February 2007, 01:04
If you're a very unusual size, he could probably custom make for you...

He'll find this thread soon enough ;)

ravenfeeder
23rd February 2007, 01:16
LOL no not unusual just a tall strapping kiwi lass ;)

Ralph
23rd February 2007, 05:33
LOL no not unusual just a tall strapping kiwi lass ;)

You could always try something different, I find Alpinestars awsome.
Best out of everything I tried.
Just go around a few shops to get the sizing right before making an order.

http://www.newenough.com/intl/index4.htm

I think quasi's stuff is still best value for money but it depends on what your looking for.

ravenfeeder
23rd February 2007, 05:39
Hey thanks Ralph and Gremlin will check them out and yes have noted that Quasi has gotten great feedback on here. :)

bert_is_evil
23rd February 2007, 11:22
Check out this guy's ebay store too - my Shift jacket arrived within a week and at at under half the NZ retail price (and that included the shipping costs). Really nice guy to deal with as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/MXSouthStreet

bounce
23rd February 2007, 19:14
just a random point to look for; metal zip. mine has plastic and a couple of the teeth have snapped off already. dissapointing when you are spending hundreds on the gear.

geoffm
23rd February 2007, 21:17
If you are feeling wel heeled and want the best, try tailor made - MSW in K road. Is Graham De Jong still making Scarlatti leathers?
Geoff

mitchilin
24th February 2007, 21:02
just a random point to look for; metal zip. mine has plastic and a couple of the teeth have snapped off already. dissapointing when you are spending hundreds on the gear.
I bought what was the best at the time and metal zips are not much better.After five years the tab on the zip broke off and then after twenty years the shouldersplit on the jacket split cause I got too fat.It's hard to find quality today.