PDA

View Full Version : Bay of Plenty: Mountain to the Sea Run 18th March

Holy Roller
23rd February 2007, 19:05
Mountain to the Sea Run
18<sup>th</sup> March

Hi Guys and Gals,

The follow-up of last year's Whakatane Ulysses great ride is on again, albeit a few weeks later than originally planned.

This year we are supporting the Brain Injury Association of NZ as our chosen charity.

The same rules as last year will apply:
- Staggered riding
- No overtaking
- $10 badge sales

Assemble at the Kawerau New World car park from 10am 18th March.

Coffee shops have agreed to open for us again this year for those who will be traveling some distance be it local, from Jaffa land or south of Taupo.
Leave Kawerau New World car park 11am for Whakatane
Arrive Whakatane 11.45am or there abouts
BBQ available at the Whakatane end to fill a gap that may have appeared since leaving the coffee shop
12 noon the spot prizes will be given out
Numbered tickets from badge sales have equal chance of obtaining something.

Special prizes for:
Oldest Rider
Oldest Bike
Furthest traveled (Last year it was Olly (Ulysses guy) from Torbay, so this one is wide open if you want it)

Please pass this around those whom you know who ride and it would be great to see you over our way on the 18th March.

Gordon #6206
Whakatane Ulysses

Register your attendance here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1194&day=2007-3-18&)<br /><br />

Holy Roller
5th March 2007, 23:19
Just confirmed a bunch of guys from Gisborne are coming over for the ride. Any one else thinking of fronting?

mark247
14th March 2007, 16:08
I am keen, is anyone from the Tauranga / Te Puke area wanting someone to ride down there with?

krash69
17th March 2007, 12:51
is there a cost per bike to ride tomoro?

Holy Roller
17th March 2007, 17:39
$10 per badge buy as many as you want.
Coffee and eats at the cafe in Kawerau
BBQ, soft drinks, chocolate at the scouts stall in Whakatane.
If one wants to catch the "Wild Hogs" movie starts at 1.15pm.

krash69
17th March 2007, 21:16
If one wants to catch the "Wild Hogs" movie starts at 1.15pm.

swet.....hehehe....it looks to be a hardcase movie

krash69
19th March 2007, 18:08
orsum ride.....you had a good turn out too mate.....

so any idea to how many bikes turned up in the end?

Holy Roller
19th March 2007, 20:55
What a great day it was. 75 bikes this year which was great as there was other events on at the same time. We sold 90 badges and with cash donations it was a worthwhile exercise for the Eastern BoP Brain Injury Association. It was awesome to have the Gisborne lads come over even though it was a bit wet going home we had fine weather all day. The Tauranga boys nearly didn't make it but a delayed start was no problem. A bit longer route this year was most welcome. I had to borrow a bike as my flying sofa is no longer flying due a gearbox problem. The ZX10 of Gaza's our sheriff, I'm sure to get a fine for this one at our next meeting, was different to ride. Not used to a speedo going to 300 clicks, 80 hardly registered on the speedo. Awesome sponsors again this year with many going home with something. Patrons even swapped prizes so everyone ended up happy I hope.

The movie was a crack up I was nearly in tears at the end it was soooo funny.
To see some pix of the day you could just go to my album here
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...ea%20Run%2007/

Mark you calender for the last Sunday in February next year

krash69
19th March 2007, 21:53
yeah it was an orsum turn out for you guys......it was my 1st ride with uylesses........

i was one of the ones who went to the red rock after wards hehehehehe.......sorry but thats the s.c.m.c.c coming out of me again ......hehehehe

krash69
25th March 2007, 08:45
we as in......one of the sulpur city guys are having a small ride round lake rotoura as a fund raiser next weekend 31st.....230pm leaving the city focus in town then round the lake to finsh at sulpur city club for bbq prizes etc.......

its a raiser for cancer as his wife is become a victim and its not looking good so we are doing this to support them ......

so feel free if you anyone else wood be in for another short ride of sorts......

$10 per person includes bbq

to date they have been donated 1200 in prizes for this event too

rustys
25th March 2007, 19:07
Great day all right. Bought 8 of us from Gisborne over to catch up with everyone. Good turn out of bikes, and great to support a worthy cause.
Had an exellent ride over but got a wet arse going home, it was such a nice day when we left did'nt bother with any wet weather gear, oh well them's the breaks.:rockon: