PDA

View Full Version : Have-a-go day

MyGSXF
23rd February 2007, 21:46
HAVE A GO DAY: Ruapuna Sun 18th Feb!!!

Well.. Once again, I am greatly indebted to Warren H for loaning me his mighty Repsol Fireblade!! :first:

MMmmm.... Fireblade.. :love: :drool:

First round I clocked a 2:06.73 lap time.. Warren said if I could get under 2 minutes, I would be doin bloody well.. soooo.. next round.. 1:59.33 :Punk: He reckoned I would have been doing 230-240 down the straight!! :banana:

Here's a wee piccy... (Thanks to Silage.. it's an awesome pic!!!!)

T.W.R
23rd February 2007, 22:48
You were trotting around there at fairly respectable pace considering that you don't see the bike that regularly :yes: and with pretty consistent times too. The last session pitlane wheelie/bunnyhop was interesting though :shutup:

MyGSXF
23rd February 2007, 22:55
The last session pitlane wheelie/bunnyhop was interesting though :shutup:

uuuuuuummmmmmm... yeeeeaahhh... :doh: I know I wanna learn how to pop a wheelie.. but nooot quite like dat... :whistle:

mental note to self.. don't blip throttle quuuuuuuite so hard next time.. :shutup:

Deviant Esq
24th February 2007, 11:26
Borrow... Repsol 'blade?! :gob: *Jealous*

Looks like you had a great time - awesome stuff! I'm looking forward to having a blat around Ruapuna one day. Nice pic too.

Trudes
24th February 2007, 11:29
Good stuff babe, that looks like areally hot bike, you lucky thing! Good going!:headbang:

Paulus
24th February 2007, 12:48
Unfortunately if it's Warren Hudsons one then its an old 92 Blade with an underseat pipe, a ZXR750 front end and 04/05 Repsol pattern fairings grafted on. Still a good old bike though.

T.W.R
24th February 2007, 14:35
Unfortunately if it's Warren Hudson's one then its an old 92 Blade with an underseat pipe, a ZXR750 front end and 04/05 Repsol pattern fairings grafted on. Still a good old bike though.

:yes: It is, but seeing he's owned it since 94 and done everything to it, it would be probably the best sorted blade on the track, you forgot the GSX-R front wheel, AK20 cartridge kit in the forks, & Ohlins rear shock as well all the other small auxiliary items.
He's seriously considering retiring the old girl presently to either purchase one of Brian Bernards spare R1s from this season or one of the new generation R1s

MyGSXF
24th February 2007, 15:23
Unfortunately if it's Warren Hudsons one then its an old 92 Blade with an underseat pipe, a ZXR750 front end and 04/05 Repsol pattern fairings grafted on. Still a good old bike though.

Yes it's Warren H's bike.. & it's a 93 actually.. but WHY is it "unfortunately"...??????? :shit:

Like T.W.R says.. Warren has spent thousands on it & it would be one of the best set up Blades around!!! :yes: Warren can ferkin kick arse on it :Punk: & I was sure kicking some butts on it on Sunday too!!! :Punk:

This pic is what it looked like in 2001 when I first raced it! (white one),, then in September 06 in the Repsol colours! :love:

Paulus
24th February 2007, 18:03
Yes it's Warren H's bike.. & it's a 93 actually.. but WHY is it "unfortunately"...??????? :shit:

Like T.W.R says.. Warren has spent thousands on it & it would be one of the best set up Blades around!!! :yes: Warren can ferkin kick arse on it :Punk: & I was sure kicking some butts on it on Sunday too!!! :Punk:

This pic is what it looked like in 2001 when I first raced it! (white one),, then in September 06 in the Repsol colours! :love:

Nothing unfortunate about it except for the fact that everyone thought it was a new one. Why are you so offended by this? Who the heck ever said Warren can't ride? It isn't fast in a straight line though - I've watched Gixxer 750s pull away on it many a time. Anyone that races spends thousands on their bikes so no surprises there.

Paulus
24th February 2007, 18:04
:yes: It is, but seeing he's owned it since 94 and done everything to it, it would be probably the best sorted blade on the track, you forgot the GSX-R front wheel, AK20 cartridge kit in the forks, & Ohlins rear shock as well all the other small auxiliary items.
He's seriously considering retiring the old girl presently to either purchase one of Brian Bernards spare R1s from this season or one of the new generation R1s

Be sad to see her go. That bike has been an institution around here.

MyGSXF
24th February 2007, 18:20
Nothing unfortunate about it except for the fact that everyone thought it was a new one. Why are you so offended by this? Who the heck ever said Warren can't ride? It isn't fast in a straight line though - I've watched Gixxer 750s pull away on it many a time. Anyone that races spends thousands on their bikes so no surprises there.

lol.. I'm not 'offended'.. your post just sounded a bit on the negative side, because the bike is now 14 years old.. :whocares: whereas I absolutely LOVE it!! :love: regardless of it's age..

The only things that interest me are.. the following 2 points.. which is why I put the thread up in the first place.. to share it with you lot:

A) Warren is a ferking legend for letting me ride it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Punk:

&

B) I get me rocks off just sitting here 'thinking' about riding it.. let alone being lucky enough to get on it, get out there on the track, 'DOIN IT'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Paulus
24th February 2007, 18:30
Sorry for misreading it. I had an old Blade back in the early 90s and I loved it too. Time moves on and bikes get faster but it was (and still is) an awesome bike. Glad you enjoyed it. Be nice to have the new 07 Repsol Blade though wouldn't it?

FROSTY
24th February 2007, 18:42
good onya girl.
Hey what track were ya on--It looked like old track in the pics

MyGSXF
24th February 2007, 18:58
Sorry for misreading it. I had an old Blade back in the early 90s and I loved it too. Time moves on and bikes get faster but it was (and still is) an awesome bike. Glad you enjoyed it. Be nice to have the new 07 Repsol Blade though wouldn't it?

lol.. no worries.. :yes: I couldn't believe it when I saw the bike again in September.. at the changes he had done.. :shit: (it made me hornier than ever.. :drool: ) It's such an incredibly easy & smooth bike to ride..(being the only big 'race' bike I have ever ridden.. heaps of big road bikes though..:yes: ) so I can't compare it to anything.

Each time I go out on it, my confidence grows that much more, & thus I push myself that much more also. Talking with Warren before the day started.. I asked him about tank slappers (my main fear at going fast) & he simply said 'it won't'.. which I feel took away a 'mental barrier' I had, which had slowed me down, in past times riding it. He actually commented to me after the first round.. that he didn't recognise that it was me.. coz I was going so fast :shutup: & looked so confident riding it!! :innocent:

At the pub afterwards, I asked him if next time, we can go through the track 'on paper' & strategise the corners & braking markers etc.. so I can smooth things out even more.. thus making the day even better!! I go into serious mode out there riding that thing.. & me being me.. I wanna do it 'properly'.. & really give it my all! :first:

& yeah.. the new Repsols, with the pretty blue bits on it.. are gooorgeous!!!!!! :drool:

MyGSXF
24th February 2007, 19:06
good onya girl.
Hey what track were ya on--It looked like old track in the pics

Cheers FROSTY!!!! :Punk: Gotta tell ya matey.. helping you & Nicko at Nelson street races, & the Nationals.. is partly what has given me the bug to wanna race so bad!!! :gob: :innocent: it's infectious!!!!!!!!!!! :love: I soooo totally understand how you guys feel when you come in off the track.. & even though it's only a HAGD for me, I am 'racing' in my head & wanting to better & beat myself! :first: it's SUCH a WICKED buzz out there doin it!! :love: I'm totally addicted...:blip:

ps: was bloody great to see ya's again at ChCh too!! :Punk:

Jen :rockon: