PDA

View Full Version : Can you lend womans riding gear? (Wellington 3 March)

Drum
23rd February 2007, 22:29
My missus' has never ridden pillion before, but I have managed to talk her into giving it a go!

Before buying any riding gear for her I think it's best to find out how she likes it, as last time she freaked out going down the driveway.

So, are there any lady riders out there who could lend me a spare helmet and jacket for her on 3 March? Would be size small, or even xs helmet I'd say, and size s jacket.

There's a dozen beers in it for ya!

MyGSXF
23rd February 2007, 22:46
Yeah sure.. no worries!!! :Punk:

you would however.. also have to fund the ferry tickets.. a weeks worth of accommodation & fuel costs & provide a sight seeing guide, whilst I tickey toured around said Norf Island.. JUST so I could rest assured.. that the gear WOULD get to you safely mind, for the said required date!!! :shutup:

:innocent:

bert_is_evil
23rd February 2007, 22:48
I could lend you my courdura gear, part of the lower leg is missing from my bin at the track but I'm planning on patching it up with my trusty sewing machine shortly so my partner can use it anyway. I'm a size 12 and 5'8" and it fit's me with room for clothes underneath. Got a spare helmet you can borrow too which is a Small I think.

Trudes
24th February 2007, 04:37
Got two spare helmets if that helps, I'm an x-small, so should fit her if she has a little head also.

Drum
24th February 2007, 08:27
She does have a little head. I'll be in touch if another helmet offered is too large. Thanks

Colapop
24th February 2007, 08:29
It's whether she has a little head... It's whether she gives a little..:shutup: ....

I had convinced my mrs to ride pillion before the accident. I'm not sure how she'll feel now. I'm planning on taking a cruiser out for a test ride and I'll take her on that.

riffer
24th February 2007, 15:55
Having pillioned with you yesterday Damon, I'd say your wife has nothing to fear at all from being on the back.

I'd pillion with you any day.

Please show this comment to your wife. :yes:

I have a helmet, jacket and gloves you are welcome to borrow on the 3/3 if you like. Nice HJC helmet with iridium visor.

klingon
24th February 2007, 17:18
Drum... just make sure she LOOKS GOOD in the gear! If it fits her and looks glam, she's much more likely to be enticed out in public again in riding gear. If she looks and feels like a blimp, that breakthrough will be much harder to achieve!

Trivial I know, but true! lol!

Grub
24th February 2007, 18:07
I think it's best to find out how she likes it, as last time she freaked out going down the driveway.

Yes but perhaps next time you should keep the front wheel down until you get out on the road just so she stays comfy

madmal64
24th February 2007, 18:48
Got an XS helmet and XS cordura ladies jacket here if you need it Drum. Oh and Im sure I can sort out some gloves too

pillion
24th February 2007, 19:08
... be able to lend my gear however I am in Upper Hutt & my gear is in Auckland!!!

nighthawk
24th February 2007, 19:23
have an orina jacket and trousers size small you are welcome to borrow
both are imaculate, pm me if interested

Drum
24th February 2007, 21:30
Hey thanks people, including those that PM'd me. I've got a couple of options lined up so hopefully something will fit her.

Cheers all.

Drum
24th February 2007, 21:34
Drum... just make sure she LOOKS GOOD in the gear! If it fits her and looks glam, she's much more likely to be enticed out in public again in riding gear. If she looks and feels like a blimp, that breakthrough will be much harder to achieve!

Trivial I know, but true! lol!

Ha ha. I had her try on my spare size L cordura jacket and draggin's and she looked like and advert for a miracle weight loss cure!

Hawkeye
24th February 2007, 22:28
It's whether she has a little head... It's whether she gives a little..:shutup: ....

I had convinced my mrs to ride pillion before the accident. I'm not sure how she'll feel now. I'm planning on taking a cruiser out for a test ride and I'll take her on that.

Bloody hell Cola - a cruiser! You'll be wearing tassles next..

flame
27th February 2007, 15:13
My missus' has never ridden pillion before, but I have managed to talk her into giving it a go!

Before buying any riding gear for her I think it's best to find out how she likes it, as last time she freaked out going down the driveway.

So, are there any lady riders out there who could lend me a spare helmet and jacket for her on 3 March? Would be size small, or even xs helmet I'd say, and size s jacket.

There's a dozen beers in it for ya!

shouldn't she be spending the 3rd March in da Kitchen!!!!!!

(kidding) yep I got heapsa spare gear she can borrow. Size small (8-10) leather pants/jacket and a small Helmet. PM me if you want to try it :yes:
I don't drinks beer tho.....Bourbon only lol.

Guitana
28th February 2007, 14:34
Yes the gear must be formfitting and look trendy otherwise she will never get on the bike!!! You must compliment her on how great her ass looks in the new gear and tell her she's hot!!!
You'll be surprised at how frisky women get after a good ride on a bike!!

Drum
28th February 2007, 15:45
Thanks to everyone who offered up their spare gear. I am sorted now (big thanks to Shadmeister and Mrs. Kendog). I will let you know how we get on.

Drum
3rd March 2007, 16:07
Well, needless to say she loved her first ride. She was quite excited when we got back, and is keen to go again.

I like this statement....."I can see why you like the bendy bits, the straights are quite boring aren't they".

I've created a monster.

Thanks again to everyone who offered to lend her gear for the day.

Nasty
3rd March 2007, 16:13
So when is she going to do the Basic handling skills? :laugh:

klingon
3rd March 2007, 17:54
Well, needless to say she loved her first ride. She was quite excited when we got back, and is keen to go again.

I like this statement....."I can see why you like the bendy bits, the straights are quite boring aren't they".

I've created a monster.

ha ha ha ha :rofl: You've done it now!

Glad she enjoyed the day. A bit unfortunate she's waited till this end of summer to get hooked though.

By the way, I can see why you needed the small gear. She's tiny! Did you forget you even had her on the back? :shit:

madmal64
3rd March 2007, 18:23
On ya mate! Glad you got a good day for it. So... where did you end up going?

Trudes
3rd March 2007, 19:50
Good on you guys, awesome stuff, so glad she had fun!!

Drum
3rd March 2007, 19:56
Took her around Stokes Valley for a start, then up over Holburn hill, then stopped to see if she was still ok. Then a run out to Eastbourne. Then the olds (who were babysitting) rang to say our teething baby was having a hissy fit, so we headed home. Took her up to 100k on the straight before SV so she could feel the wind in her face. Total ride time around 1 1/2 hours at nana pace.

Next time it's The Hill.

riffer
4th March 2007, 14:40
Good on ya Damon.

Looks like lots more room on the back of the Zephyr for your wife than there was for me, but its a good bike to be on the back of. Bet it didn't bottom the shocks with her on board though!

Onwards and upwards! Good to see the mother of a young child back on board a bike. So many lose their bottle at this stage.

Well done. :yes: