PDA

View Full Version : Chased by a cage...well, sort of

Calo
24th February 2007, 00:01
Yesterday morning, I was :scooter: up New North Rd on the hill just before Kingsland when I noticed some dickhead in a cage riding my ass like Michael Jackson at a boys school. I was doing at least 55 km/h so I slowed a little to see if he'd back off...he didn't. Just before the top of the hill, I decided I'd let the prick overtake as he was almost touching my rear tyre. I pulled over to the left and glanced at him as he passed. He gave me a dirty look, threw his hands in the air and muttered something which I couldn't hear. I followed him down the hill past the Kingsland shops towards the Bond St intersection. He was sitting in the middle lane (there's two lanes plus a right-turning lane) and I called out 'wanker' to him as I passed him in the right-turning lane. lol, talk about a red flag to a bull...suddenly, the prick pulls out and starts to give chase. At this point, I decided against turning right and ducked left to join the front of the queue, waiting at the lights. I glanced back and saw that he was stuck in limbo...not sure what to do. The lights turned green and he decides to nail it down the right-turning lane, veering left at the intersection, cutting me off. If you know that interesction, you'll know that's a pretty dangerous move as it leads immediately into a left hander followed by merging lanes. I continued to follow him, making sure I kept my distance, as he was tapping his brakes to keep me at bay. By now, I thought I best give this dickhead a wide berth...I flipped him the bird, hurled some more abuse, and turned off to towards Dominion Rd whilst he continued up towards Symonds St. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to catch his licence plate. Nonetheless, drama over. :argh:

I'll say this though, I'm bloody glad I was mostly behind him. He looked like the sort of asshole that wouldn't hesitate to use his cage as a weapon. :shit:

Bruiser
24th February 2007, 07:28
Mate,

If only you'd caught the plate, pricks like that will take their anger and stupidty out on the next bike, which could very well be a new rider who doesn't have the nous, skills or balls to deal with it.

What was the cage? Make/model/colour/year?

Grahameeboy
24th February 2007, 07:38
Sorry but what is the point of letting this idiot get to you. You did the right thing by pulling over and you should just have let him go on his merry way.

Yes he was a tosser but not worth wasting time.

MSTRS
24th February 2007, 07:45
Seems that arsewipes like this have kindred spirits all over the country. But then again, so do we. Getting the plate number is good....http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=44539

JimO
24th February 2007, 09:00
he may have got your plate and for a couple of bucks he can find out where you live

The Joka
24th February 2007, 09:24
It wasn't by chance a big pickup ute like a big Ford F150 or Chevy was it? Black one? I have had big problems with a guy up that way... haven't seen him for a while! Think he may be a 'P' head!

sunhuntin
24th February 2007, 11:02
It wasn't by chance a big pickup ute like a big Ford F150 or Chevy was it? Black one? I have had big problems with a guy up that way... haven't seen him for a while! Think he may be a 'P' head!

joka...any idea if that black chev runs on lpg? cos we got one here, and the guy is a right asshole. gave me shit over the price of our lpg once, and said it was cheaper over the river. i basically told him to go there and not come back. funny thing is...he comes in quite often. i refuse to serve or talk to him. pity, cos id love to own the truck. its beautiful.

yep...always let asshole drivers go, and stay behind them. least then, you can kinda second guess what they may do, without worrying about being rear ended. i try not to add fuel to the fire, but if i can catch em i will.

rc_36_rider
24th February 2007, 11:15
Sorry but what is the point of letting this idiot get to you. You did the right thing by pulling over and you should just have let him go on his merry way.

Yes he was a tosser but not worth wasting time.

i hate fukers like that!!!! i wish it was me i would have taken pride in following him an giving him a piece of my mind and if he didnt say the right things id have loved to kick his teeth out!!!!!!
fucken pricks! its like wheres you badge?!!!!

The Joka
24th February 2007, 11:23
joka...any idea if that black chev runs on lpg? cos we got one here, and the guy is a right asshole.

Not sure never get a chance to look as his always havin a try at killin me!

It is beautiful though... powerful too!

avgas
24th February 2007, 11:26

Big black Chevy suburban? that guy is a p addict/dealer. Had him as a neighbor when i lived in New Lynn/Titi. Guy is a class 'A' prick.

Hans
24th February 2007, 11:55
If he is a P dealer, It's probably not a bad idea to *555 him. Youu could say that you saw the guy smoking a joint at the traffic lights. That might persuade Mr. Plod to take a thorough look at what's inside the truck.

Swoop
24th February 2007, 11:59
It is beautiful though...
The shame about nice paintwork is that it can easily get scratched.

Guitana
24th February 2007, 13:19
Was he an angry Ginga????
No use in baiting c**ts like that you should just let him go and call* 555 and nark on his ass!!!

White trash
24th February 2007, 13:24
It's my believe that NZ motorists (including bikers) have a bad case of "Must Have The Last Say Syndrome".

Not condoning for a second what this fuckwit was up to, but, in hindsight, had you shrugged it off and forgotten the incident when you first let him pass, you wouldn't have overloaded his peanut sized brain by calling him a wanker. He then (probably) wouldn't have reacted so fuckin dangerously and put numerous lives in jepordy.

Just my thoughts.

The Joka
24th February 2007, 13:27
At one stage I was thinking a swirt of battery acid would work a treat on this paint work but haven't seen him for a long while...

Don't know if he is a ginga.. Got tinted windows!

Love winding people like that up! when you are behind just start swerving across the road as see what happens! have nearly made him crash at least once trying to block me from overtaking.... when really I have no intention!

Great fun as long as you are behind them! I tend to laugh them off now though

kiwifruit
24th February 2007, 13:29
i agree with trash 100%

Shaun
As you were the one that called him a Wanker and flipped the bird, I would have chased your arse down as well to see what kind of a man you are?

If you guys are going to get abusive at these wankers in there cars who drive like twats, you better expect more of same

White trash
At one stage I was thinking a swirt of battery acid would work a treat on this paint work but haven't seen him for a long while...

Don't know if he is a ginga.. Got tinted windows!

Love winding people like that up! when you are behind just start swerving across the road as see what happens! have nearly made in crash at least once trying to block me from overtaking.... when really I have no intention!

Great fun as long as you are behind them! I tend to laugh them off now though
With a name like The Joka I hope to christ you're kidding?

Hans
24th February 2007, 13:30
It's my believe that NZ motorists (including bikers) have a bad case of "Must Have The Last Say Syndrome".

Not condoning for a second what this fuckwit was up to, but, in hindsight, had you shrugged it off and forgotten the incident when you first let him pass, you wouldn't have overloaded his peanut sized brain by calling him a wanker. He then (probably) wouldn't have reacted so fuckin dangerously and put numerous lives in jepordy.

Just my thoughts.

To make a long story short. Don't insult someone first if you don't will not put them "out of commission" second.

White trash
24th February 2007, 13:31
To make a long story short. Don't insult someone first if you don't will not put them "out of commission" second.
Ummmm, I think? Jesus man, speak English!

Hans
24th February 2007, 13:34
Ummmm, I think? Jesus man, speak English!

That don't wasn't exactly supposed to be there was it. And no, English isn't my first language, but at least I'm trying. And I can spell. Unlike a few people here. Anyway, that's enough of that already :bye:

White trash
24th February 2007, 13:40
That don't wasn't exactly supposed to be there was it. And no, English isn't my first language, but at least I'm trying. And I can spell. Unlike a few people here. Anyway, that's enough of that already :bye:
Ahhh, I get it now.

avgas
24th February 2007, 14:24
What trash said, ride your own ride man. The world is full of wankers - getting rid of 1 - no point as there are 100 to take his place.

McJim
24th February 2007, 14:51
Similar thing happened to me the first week I had a bike in Kingsland.

Burgundy Holden commodore - wee stocky ginga driving - I used pavements and narrow streets to evade.

And he was the one flipped me the bird. I just shouted "What?" and that seemed to upset him - he probably wasn't getting it at home :tugger:

B-rad
24th February 2007, 15:27
If he is a P dealer, It's probably not a bad idea to *555 him. Youu could say that you saw the guy smoking a joint at the traffic lights. That might persuade Mr. Plod to take a thorough look at what's inside the truck.

Last time I rang 555 on someone they told me to go to the police station :angry:

Calo
24th February 2007, 16:28
He was first to abuse me...and for what, slowing down to the speed limit?

I'll continue to call cagers 'wankers' when they're acting like it. I'll just make sure I have an escape route (like I did this time). I shudder to think what would have happened had I made that right-hand turn onto Sandringham Rd.

As for the vehicle, I think it was an early 90s Honda Accord. Dark-grey. Caucasian, 30-something year old driver.

doc
24th February 2007, 17:14
He was first to abuse me...and for what, slowing down to the speed limit?

I'll continue to call cagers 'wankers' when they're acting like it. I'll just make sure I have an escape route (like I did this time). I shudder to think what would have happened had I made that right-hand turn onto Sandringham Rd.
Don't see much point in getting upset, your the vunerable one on a bike, the way Road rage is increasing in NZ not worth the risk. "To be old and wise one must first be young and stupid" Anyway Anger management teach that having the last word is a femine method of anger expression. Males should be able to handle it and not react, thats the problem the males are losing their masculinity because they aren't able to express it anymore. Hope I don't sound too chauvanistic, but male NZer's are having difficulty coping with these changes. Fark I should be a social worker ( if I could only stop the noise of the friggen crickets)

doc
24th February 2007, 17:42
Yep know what you mean if you are going to react and start something make sure you can finish it and win. Couldn't get my daughter to understand while teaching her to drive, that it's not much point being in the right and not letting some dickhead ( who is in the wrong ) who then collides with you and has no insurance. Letting them push in can be a lot easier. Tolerance is an important atribute on NZ roads. And Kiwi's don't seem to have much of it when they are driving. (please stop the crickets the friggen noise is driving me nuts)

Hans
24th February 2007, 18:19
Yep know what you mean if you are going to react and start something make sure you can finish it and win. Couldn't get my daughter to understand while teaching her to drive, that it's not much point being in the right and not letting some dickhead ( who is in the wrong ) who then collides with you and has no insurance. Letting them push in can be a lot easier. Tolerance is an important atribute on NZ roads. And Kiwi's don't seem to have much of it when they are driving. (please stop the crickets the friggen noise is driving me nuts)

Have you tried DDT? Or napalm?

Draco
24th February 2007, 18:37
When I hit the northwestern motorway last week I had a guy lane swapping in front of me several times to stop me overtaking him. Dunno what his problem was but he obviously had an issue with me. I felt like smackin the guys mirror off, but in this day and age of wonderful mind altering substances such as P you gotta pick your battles carefully mate. No matter what fuckwit cagers do on the road we have to remember that as long as us bikers do the same, we'll ALL get labeled as irresponsible hoolagans and we won't get the respect we want by other road users and society as a whole. Just my opinion.......

sunhuntin
24th February 2007, 18:47
Not sure never get a chance to look as his always havin a try at killin me!

It is beautiful though... powerful too!

just saw avgas' post, and the one here is a suburban too. yeh, this one is beautiful, and has power. i cant remember where his lpg fill is... will take a gander next time hes in. most lpg vehicles have the sticker on the rear bumper, just above the filler.

doc
24th February 2007, 19:44
No matter what fuckwit cagers do on the road we have to remember that as long as us bikers do the same, we'll ALL get labeled as irresponsible hoolagans and we won't get the respect we want by other road users and society as a whole. Just my opinion.......

Yep gotta bro in law who's gota bach on the west side of coro loop and hopes we all crash and burn cos some of the bikes never slow down going through his piece of paradise. I told him not all are like that and he said he doesn't care we all deserves it. You gotta admit we are no better than boi racers aye, speed and noise. That how we are labelled.

Ixion
24th February 2007, 20:15
we'll ALL get labeled as irresponsible hoolagans and we won't get the respect we want by other road users and society as a whole. ..

Well, we are! And proud of it. And I don't want other road users to respect me . I want them to fear me.

The Joka
25th February 2007, 09:17
With a name like The Joka I hope to christ you're kidding?

Which part the laughing at them? or the nasty bits?

Either way have you ever watched Batman... Joka's can be bad! ohhh so bad! especially when I upgrade my bike... muwhahahaha :Punk: