PDA

View Full Version : @#$%!%!@%%!$! Liars

aff-man
13th June 2003, 14:26
Well as i got a dodgy speeding ticket in january my dad has been helping me get to the bottom of all this nonsence. After months of sending letters and stupid evasive reply's we managed to get hold of the officer who pulled me over. Apparently he said he was parked on the side of the motorway when i had clearly seen him coming on the motorway at the penrose circle. #@%!%!%!$%! LIAR. I am now certain he was lying about my speed. The fact that he ticketed me for not having an L plate on a restricted license helps the conviction. But what to do now well a judge probably will believe the copper over me. So i'm off to see where he says he was parked and actually see if it's a viable parking place. And good god if he wasd parked where he says he managed to pull out with me doing 133 pull behind me put his lights on manouver from the fast lane onto the side of the motorway in 300m or less .:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Well that's my rave of bloody outrage :angry2::angry2::angry2:

I really don't know what this world is coming to :beer::beer::beer:

750Y
13th June 2003, 14:32
You can go to a lawyer i think in ponsonby /pt chev and sign an affidavit to the effect that the police were not parked where they say they were. if the judge so much as sniffs any bs on the cops side he will more than likely give the officer a bloody embarrsing lecture in fornt of the court. good luck

Antallica
13th June 2003, 14:54
Oh yeah... no L plates eh :rolleyes:

...... good on ya mate :D

Sounds dodgy eh.... man our town had a Cop blitz this morning.... 2 cops laying into some truck driver, 1 on another car 200m down the road, 2 parked down side streets waiting for racers cruising past my route and another unlucky bunghole pulled over near my mates house. All in the space of about 5 minutes.

The Highwaymen are everywhere.

*curses cops*

andy1
13th June 2003, 16:22
ciao ciao
some of u will not agree with me i know, but some months ago i was pulled over on the way back from work on the north-west motorway, by a motorcycle cop. Now i dont think all cops would let me off for this. but i think motorcycle cops are sweet. and i dont agree on what some people say about them.
First.
1- No licence on me. $?????
2- i was speeding 130km when learners can go 70km(who the fuck is going to do 70 on the motorway????) -$?????
3- no L plate - $400
4- no wof - $400???
5- no mirrors
6- back tyre was nearly a slick
7- no indicators
actually i had not one peace of fairing on my bike, totally naked. the brake light's were even cellotaped on! maybe i was asking for it? he added all the fines up which was well over $1000
we talked about it, and he let me off!!! only with a $150 fine for not indicating changing lanes which i couldnt. so i dont think coppers are that bad. only one cop i hate! newmarket coppers! i had to do a runna on a 250 and i got away! but they hunted me down all night and found out where i lived. owell. a piu tardi, ciao ciao

MikeL
13th June 2003, 21:07
Originally posted by andy1
we talked about it, and he let me off!!!

So what's the secret? No arguing, abject apologies (aka grovelling) , professions of ignorance ("My goodness, has the WOF really expired? How time flies!"). ???
Seems to me you are one lucky dude.
Se non e vero, e ben trovato!

SPman
13th June 2003, 21:40
It used to be, that you could sort of rely on 4 fair and reasonable cops out of 10. Now......4 out of a 100??

Sometimes, you just get lucky  :confused:

Marmoot
13th June 2003, 22:47
1 out of 10 probably more like it.....and now they're talking about those drinking parties within cop circle...hmm.....not good. :o

Anyway, that makes me thinking.....
If, in the court, it is your word against cop's word; you have no witness; copper has no witness; who can the judge trust? Bear in mind that you are under oath, the copper is under oath, and both of you must not lying ALTHOUGH both of you are FULLY CAPABLE and HAVE A MOTIVE for lying?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

franco
13th June 2003, 23:10
Hey Aff-man - did you say the cop ticketed you for not having an L-plate while you were on a restricted licence ? Surely you will be let off the whole thing on a technicality then.:niceone:

But yeah, hear what you are saying in principle about the outright lying thing (by him). Out of interest was he a young cop or an older one? Down here in Wellington we are often subjected treated to overzealous rookies who have just graduated out of thier wing (Porirua Police College).

moko
14th June 2003, 23:11
"Anyway, that makes me thinking.....
If, in the court, it is your word against cop's word; you have no witness; copper has no witness; who can the judge trust?"

About 20 years ago I was out riding with a few mates,3 bikes with pillions.We saw a marked police car pulling out of a side-road so obviously stuck to the speed-limit. He pulled the 2 bikes behind me so I stopped and waited for them,was actually stationary for about 10 minutes while he gave them tickets,at the time I had no idea what was going on as no way was anyone doing anything wrong.Bastard then pulls away only to stop in front of me and ticket me for speeding from the point he`d first seen us to where i was currently parked up:angry2:

We were all pissed-off to say the least and went to see a lawyer,might have only been a speeding ticket but the guy was lying through his arse for what we could only think of as some kind of mental problem on his part.As marmoot says the lawyer told us that 6 greasy yobs against a cop in court was a non-starter and we`d only make things worse for ourselves,basically said "accept the fact the guy`s an arsehole and pay up".That was back in the days before Vascar and literally 1 cop`s word against 6 other people`s,got me my one and only endorsement on my licence.

By way of balance I`ve been pulled a few times and got off when I didnt deserve to,dont know about N.Z. but only traffic cops with 2 years experience in cars get to ride bikes so they know their stuff and tend to be bike fans as well as cops.Seems like they turn a blind eye to a bit of speeding,ride like a twat and they`ll throw the book at you.

What?
15th June 2003, 08:23
And it gets worse. We all by now know that the cops have a "contact quota" to ensure that they don't spend their days parked up watching schoolgirls riding bicycles (or whatever deviant activities they may engage in). According to the brass, "contact" does not necessarily mean "ticket", but how else do the highwaymen justify themeselves to the brass? Imagine, you are the boss cop and a subordinate is trying to tell you that the horrid public have refused to break any laws in his view all week!!!!!!!! Would you believe him? Not bloody likely. So their best defence is to issue tickets. This means that they may well have reason to lie, and the bastards can do it in the full knowledge that, provided they do it well, the courts will believe them over Joe Public without fail. Smacks of "corruption", I reckon.:angry2:

aff-man
15th June 2003, 18:06
Hey franco yes he did give me a ticket for no L plate on a restricted license after i had told him that according to the road code i didn't need one. He then told me he had checked with his senior sergant and i did need an L plate following which he fed me some bullshit story about being on an intermidiate state of my license. But i think i got him, being an engineering student i am working on the ticket as well as him being a liar. After a few calculations it is vertually impossible to do what he said happened and unless the police have some new space age cars and tracor beams to stop me moving it is impossible.:D :D

P.S. does anyone know the exact or even rough estinmation of the cop cars 0-100 time i am working on 10 seconds is that wrong is it closer to 7 or the other way. Doesn't make much difference but will help.

franco
16th June 2003, 23:48
Yo aff-man

I'll make a few discrete inquiries here in Wellington re: getting ticketed for no L-plate while on a restricted. I knows some people who knows some people... :niceone: Were you riding on a temporary restricted licence waiting for your plastic one to come through? If so it should make no difference - I'm pretty sure that the L-plate condition is for learner licence holders only.

Man, when I was on a learner licence, I never rode with an L-plate for fear of getting pulled up by a cop doing 100Kph on the motorway while on a learner. A bit of a dumb rule really. I only put my L-plate on when I had to do my Restricted licence test. Which meant it was on my bike for all of 30 min...hehehe.

I'll see what I can find out about cop cars 0-100 times too....from the same people...can't promise you on that score tho. I'm out of town for the next 3 days on business; I'll see if I can come back to you by Fri latest.

Antallica
17th June 2003, 06:43
Well they use a V6... so it's about 6-7 sec approx from 0-100

Dave
17th June 2003, 09:47
It depends which cars you are talking about,The ford patrol cars are Falcon Fortes and the under cover XR6's both have different diff ratio's.When I delivered the XR6's to the cops they complained that they were slower then the Fortes.In fact they were faster but could not accelerate as fast due to the taller Diff.
Its all academic really,If they want to chase you till someone gets killed-we know they will.

DeanOh
17th June 2003, 12:33
Originally posted by franco
Man, when I was on a learner licence, I never rode with an L-plate for fear of getting pulled up by a cop doing 100Kph on the motorway while on a learner. A bit of a dumb rule really. I only put my L-plate on when I had to do my Restricted licence test. Which meant it was on my bike for all of 30 min...hehehe

LOL. Many years ago I too had a learners license, restricted to 250cc or below, no L plates required. But for ages I rode around without a license, until i had a wee accident, then decided for insurance purposes i should get a license. I rode up to the cop shop, filled out the form, the copper came outside and watched me ride up to the corner and back, went back inside and gave me my licenese.

LOL, how times have changed.

MikeL
17th June 2003, 13:06
Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know when the rule was brought in about learners not being able to ride anything over 250cc? I'm pretty sure it didn't apply when I got my licence. 3 minutes round the block on a 50cc moped, with a bored traffic cop following behind, and a few minutes later I could legally ride anything, I think!

Yamahamaman
17th June 2003, 17:19
I think it would have been in the mid 70's.:confused:

Duke of Rogan
17th June 2003, 18:10
I got stopped this morning on the way to work (Auckland's Northen motorway) for "failing to drive within a lane", but the cop turned out to be really reasonable and only stopped me for a chat! (warning really)
However, this was not the case about 3 weeks ago when I got stopped for the same thing by a real pig (and I'll do it again, but with my eyes peeled betterer).

I hoped I could get out of this, but I did some research and discovered the current laws (Land transport Act 1998) do in fact specify that a vehicle on a road marked in lanes must stay within them, but there is some new rules about to go in that do not mention this in the relevant sections! (Land Transport Road User Rule 2002, from:
http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/legislation/road-user-rule/index.html

Has anyone else been done for this?

I was simply overtaking on the right oraficer...

:whistle:

Redstar
17th June 2003, 22:42
look the mororway fuzz are a bunch of r-soles we know it they know it. they need to be differentiated from the true police a respectible bunce of chaps.
don't expect any dicreation from them unless you have cleavage.

no offence ladies (literally no offence)

the last twit who gave me the passing on the left said 'Ill try to get a tin top next" who gives a toss! we are an easy target in gridlock cause what else are they going to fine? 10k in a 100k area? bollocks bull shit I just find in incredulus that a bike cop can become such a pillock!

franco
18th June 2003, 02:35
aff-mann

got the low down. Am a bit under the weather 2:30am, a bit pissed (shades of KK. LOL. Sorry KK). Bear with me bro.

Anyways; the inside word is the cops can't have you up with no L-plates on a restricted licence. It's not a condition of restricted, so contest it - it will be held up ($400 less to worry about).

The current cop cars average 0-100 in 6.3s. Many of the older cars and some new cars have been modified so may be*slightly* less.

Anway, hope this helps.

aff-man
19th June 2003, 23:09
Cheers mate i got the L plate cancelled long time ago the guy at the infringment beuro almost laughed at me when i queried it. Suprise surprise when i got the pink fine(real one) a few weeks later it had been changed to restricted licence holder carrying a passenger unacompanied by a full licence holder ( 3 people on a bike???) so got that cancelled. With the cop cars acceleration of about 6 seconds it is still impossible. If he was where he says he was he managed to pull out(navagating traffic) catch up to me going at a pressummed 133 without his lighs on get behind me put his lights on, both of us navigate 3 lanes on the highway and stop all within wait for it, wait for it 700m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry2: :angry2:

hmmmmm oh well such is life i'll see what happens in court

Andrew
19th June 2003, 23:26
When I had my learners I would always go on the motorway all the time. I would go past parked cop cars at the speed of the traffic (90k's approx). But never been pulled over ticketed or chased.

I was speeding by at least 20k's and the cop was well within his right according to the book to fine me. But still nothing.

My theory is that at the end of the day it comes down to safety. As long as your riding safely and perhaps in the inside lane he ain't going to be bothered to fine you.

And any cop who knows what its like to try riding at 70k's on a motorway will know that it isn't safe at all. Cars just start getting pissed off and will start to come up from behind and overtake you really dangerously. :angry2: not nice on a small bike

Coldkiwi
20th June 2003, 18:01
3 people on the bike!? geez, I didn't know they'd tried that one on you! I would've thought you could take Wkid_1's approach about ticket errors (being booked for speeding on a bicycle) and be off scott-free. Sounds like you've been picked on by one of the filthier pigs out there.. so much for the myth that pigs are clean animals!!

SPman
21st June 2003, 18:33
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
so much for the myth that pigs are clean animals!!

How can they be clean, when they're rolling in shit all the time!    :confused:

aff-man
23rd June 2003, 23:03
:D :D :D :D :D

is all she wrote

scumdog
27th July 2003, 20:15
The only way a Holden or Ford cop car could do 0-100kph in 6 sec. would be if it was going over a cliff!!!! 10 secs would still be pretty good.