PDA

View Full Version : Parts needed - 48cc Sachs knock-off

nirakara
24th February 2007, 06:45
OK I'm totally new to bikes and motors and all. Lambast me as you will but I bought a Copy of aSachs Madass off trademe and have inherited a bung carb. Its a Honda(lambast away) engine 48cc with some after market carb(non original) which the carb shop tells me is a modified 2 stroke carb. I just want this bike for my daughter to get to work and back on around the insane Auckland streets where you can't go fast etc and we got FA money so gas + econ to me this looked like a goodie. The quality of the build is fantastic. Dual Discs fat wide tyres and been very well looked after (one lady owner).I have been to every bike shop and wecker (bar Atomic who was closed) trying to match the carb with anything they had. All the new spares parts places shook their heads. The current carb has Kei Hin MA 558a on it and is a straight through carb with a manifold attachment of 18mm bore the only thing holding it onto the bike. I'm told by previous owner that it is not the original carb and that this current carb most likely came off a motor mower?The men atCarb Specialties are having another go at fixing it so it don't flood but tell me its been having this problem for awhile and I'd be best to find a new one. So cyber bikersanyone know where to start? Please help. Cheers.

Buddha#81
25th February 2007, 06:48
do a search on Trade me for pitbike or mini chopper or walbro carb there will be somethine on there and cheaper than you can get a two stroke carb sorted for. Try this Auction Number: 88885583. Good luck sorting the Bike.

Duc
7th March 2007, 09:03
I have a carby from a Madass that should do the trick. Interested (pm me)

bistard
7th March 2007, 10:00
If Duc cant help,from memory there were a copy of a Honda XR/CRF50 motor

newmanz
27th March 2007, 11:59
You can use either a standard 15mm Walbro 4 stroke carb as used on Mini Choppers or the larger 22mm Walbro performance kit.
I have all these, just send a message if you need more info.