PDA

View Full Version : Crash bungs for my ZX636R

Quasievil
12th August 2004, 13:56
Hi Chaps and Chapettes
anyone know a decent place to get these, I went to the shop and was quoted a bit more than I thought they would be, a online shop would be fine but anyone got some handy hints experience as to where is a good supply for this bit of Kit
And no Im not planning to race it or crash just want to protect it as much as possible
Cheers

Motoracer
12th August 2004, 14:03
I can hook you up with a pair for about 140.00. They are the shit!

James Deuce
12th August 2004, 14:06
Hi Chaps and Chapettes
anyone know a decent place to get these, I went to the shop and was quoted a bit more than I thought they would be, a online shop would be fine but anyone got some handy hints experience as to where is a good supply for this bit of Kit
And no Im not planning to race it or crash just want to protect it as much as possible
Cheers

You should plan to crash. It's why we wear all that safety gear.

But seriously let me know what you choose, 'cos I'm looking at some for the TRX.

Cheers

Quasievil
12th August 2004, 14:13
I can hook you up with a pair for about 140.00. They are the shit!
Will they fit the ZX636 or are they for a Gixxer ?? and do they come with all the brackets mounts etc, I have to take out a rod that is a engine mount and mount them through there ,or something like that so they prolly have to be purpose made ? or not fuck knows I aint a bike mechanic
I would like a set though so tell me more MR

Cajun
12th August 2004, 14:31
Quasi contact these people
F1 Engineering
6 Colombo St Hamilton 07-847 6990

They make them for your bike i just rang them $128 in black or white,

They same people i got the ones for my gixxer from. fitted pefectly

Or there are tons on ebay search for zx6r frame

Motoracer
12th August 2004, 14:32
Will they fit the ZX636 or are they for a Gixxer ?? and do they come with all the brackets mounts etc, I have to take out a rod that is a engine mount and mount them through there ,or something like that so they prolly have to be purpose made ? or not fuck knows I aint a bike mechanic
I would like a set though so tell me more MR

They are universal ones that fit most models. I'll have a set on the GIXXER this weekend at Pukie. You can see it on em then. They are black in colour, they come with a set of metal extension mounts and a set of bolts. Trust me, you'll be impressed when you see em! Hopefully I won't be doing a demo of their effectiveness though LOL!!

750Y
12th August 2004, 14:42
Nhuan has some awesome ones on his.

NhuanH
12th August 2004, 15:04
Nhuan has some awesome ones on his.

http://www.rg-racing.com

GBP61.00 or so, took a week, sweet as. Yep, they have different length bolts (accounting for left/right sides) to replace your engine mount bolts, seamless fit, no cutting/drilling. Regardless of what you get you'll want an Allen key bit on a ratchet to undo those engine mount bolts....

Served me well too, when an errant courier decided to ignore a bright red Kwaka.

Too bad they couldn't save me from my own stupidity in my shed :crybaby: My misjudgment with about 20 degrees of kickstand swing was kindly braced by the single most expensive bit of plastic, the top fairing!

Zed
12th August 2004, 15:05
Hi Chaps and Chapettes
Cheers
I just bought some for my bike from eBay for NZ$90. Took about 7 days to arrive. They are solid, well finished 2" wide black ones. Only problem is, with my bike I have to make holes in the fairing to fit them :disapint: - you may need to do the same?

Looking forward to seeing you ride this machine Mr Quasi.

Zed

Cajun
12th August 2004, 15:07
http://www.rg-racing.com

GBP61.00 or so, took a week, sweet as. Yep, they have different length bolts (accounting for left/right sides) to replace your engine mount bolts, seamless fit, no cutting/drilling. Regardless of what you get you'll want an Allen key bit on a ratchet to undo those engine mount bolts....

Served me well too, when an errant courier decided to ignore a bright red Kwaka.

Too bad they couldn't save me from my own stupidity in my shed :crybaby: My misjudgment with about 20 degrees of kickstand swing was kindly braced by the single most expensive bit of plastic, the top fairing!

nhuanh gotta hate it when that hapeens,

Cajun
12th August 2004, 15:08
I just bought some for my bike from eBay for NZ$90. Took about 7 days to arrive. They are solid, well finished 2" wide black ones. Only problem is, with my bike I have to make holes in the fairing to fit them :disapint: - you may need to do the same?

Looking forward to seeing you ride this machine Mr Quasi.

Zed

Nah zed zx6r doesn't need cutting to fit them

FROSTY
12th August 2004, 15:32
Mount eden Motorcycles sell crash bungs -Just the bungs for about $60.00 a set.

Coldkiwi
12th August 2004, 18:29
where can you buy longer bolts from then? EDL fastners or something is it? I still haven't got round to putting my LHS one on because of the stumpy bolt and fairing work I need to do.

FROSTY
12th August 2004, 22:57
EDL or MSL -depends where you are. -MSL is rosebank road avondale
edl is penrose

wkid_one
13th August 2004, 07:42
Mate - buy from the UK - www.motrax.co.uk - got mine for the R1 - $60 landed.

Coldkiwi
13th August 2004, 13:43
thx frosty. are they open on Saturday?

aff-man
15th August 2004, 18:01
Loking to get some for the zxr. Saftey first and all(well i need them with my track record)

wkid_one
15th August 2004, 19:39
DHM Crash Bungs GBP39

Magic Mushrooms GBP24 (and they are colour matched to the bike)

Top Block GBP129 (full kit - bungs, bar ends, frame sliders, pegs etc)

Top Block Bungs GBP79

Also consider Engine Covers, and Swing Arm Bobbins. You don't want to go to all the expense of putting bungs on, only to gouge the shit out of your swing arm instead!!!

andy1
16th August 2004, 00:04
I got some moriwaki crash bungs for ZX636R. Black.
with bolts etc. Brand new.
let me know.

aff-man
16th August 2004, 00:40
sorry to have high jacked this thread but has anyone put bungs on a zxr400 or similar which ones do i put on. :blank:

Quasievil
16th August 2004, 07:51
I got some moriwaki crash bungs for ZX636R. Black.
with bolts etc. Brand new.
let me know.
How much do you want for them ?

andy1
16th August 2004, 19:34
well, tell me how much u can get them for in NZ. and then ill try and beat it.
I could have them in the post asap, should take about 4-5days to send, i think.

Or can anyone tell me how much they are in NZ?

andy1
16th August 2004, 20:23
a pic of moriwaki sliders.

andy1
16th August 2004, 20:24
a pic of moriwaki sliders

3phase
4th April 2007, 16:36
Try Lifestyle Imports ltd
www.lifestyle-imports.co.nz
They can do a set for $40 - they are in Pukekhoe