PDA

View Full Version : WHERE CAN I MOVE TO? Suggestions.

SwanTiger
25th February 2007, 13:38
I'm sick of the Rodney Fucken District and seriously considering a move to somewhere else, somewhere with less Auckland'ness and more community rather than Government influence.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking the South Island down with ScumDog or perhaps Australia.

When the fuck are all the old decaying worthless piece of shit pain in the arse residents in Rodney going to die? It's a nice place, just too many metropolitan fag Aucklanders moving up here for "lifestyle" and too many old nay-sayers.

Besides I hear the chicks are better over in aussie, typical.

So, serious question, if you think the area / country you live in is shit hot, where the fuck is it.

Steam
25th February 2007, 13:42
Wherever you go will be the same, with your head where it is.
Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.
You is the thing, not where you are.

mstriumph
25th February 2007, 13:48
west australia is good? the southern bit is pretty and you can make good money in the northern bit

roads [i am reliably informed lol] are not up to spec :dodge:

actually, fella, sounds to me as though you need a bit of a holiday and get your spirits up a bit before making any life-changing descisions?

SwanTiger
25th February 2007, 13:54
I like you, but that has to be 100% a generalised "Wellingtonian" opinion, so arty farty and philosophical in a pointless sense.

My issue is with the people in the area that I live, not the area itself. The different variables, such as house prices, local government and so on influence the character of people which live here.

Could you imagine Donald Trump living in a state house in Otara, South Auckland?

When I was growing up you could leave the entire house un-locked, you knew all of your neighbours and a little bit about them, some more than others. If you needed help or something you could ask your neighbour. And this wasn't that long ago, 5 - 10 years at the most.

Now I only know two of my neighbours, the rest I've never seen before, some I've only seen sneaking home from work and parking there car, then rushing inside their house with fully closed curtains.

I hardly ever see kids playing at the end of the street, and there is a school, reserve and park down there. You hardly ever hear roudy partys where people are having fun or kids screaming and playing.

Too scared noise control will come and abate them with a $500 notice and if they persist, have the police assist with a confiscation of their voice box!

It's suburbia now, what Rumuera, etc. was 5 - 10 + years ago. Auckland is growing and consuming what once was, great areas to live.

There are lots of places like this around the country. And there must be some left which are still (on a fundamental level) un-changed.

Fucked if my kids will be raised in a socially depressed mess.

onearmedbandit
25th February 2007, 13:55

Awesome quote, love it!

Don't move down here ST, you wouldn't like it!

SwanTiger
25th February 2007, 14:16
west australia is good? the southern bit is pretty and you can make good money in the northern bit

roads [i am reliably informed lol] are not up to spec :dodge:

actually, fella, sounds to me as though you need a bit of a holiday and get your spirits up a bit before making any life-changing descisions?
A lot of my extended family are in Western Australia and havve no intention of coming back so there must be something worthwhile over there.

Nah, don't think I need a holiday, the Rodney District really is depressing, you only have to read one or two editions of the local paper to realise how pathetic it is, besides that it is a beautiful place with a lot of good people scattered around the place and once upon a time had a nice balance.

Here is an example of how pathetic the place is.

There is a guy who lets people use his land to run a small market which helps to raise funds for the local hospice charity. A local resident COMPLAINED about this and the council forced (under a trading bylaw) the owner to shut down the market until they obtained resource consent which would cost nearly $2,000.

If you're really interested in why I dislike this place and am seriously considering moving, look up the history of the Rodney District Council.

I am young and what I do for bread can be done from virtually anywhere in the world, so I am lucky in that sense.

Australia is # 1 choice so far.

Steam
25th February 2007, 14:29
And there must be some left which are still (on a fundamental level) un-changed.

Hmm... you have some good points there.
Definitely the South Island for you then, if not a small place in Aussie.
A lot of small towns are still good down south, everyone knows everyone, which can be both good and bad. In Dunedin we knew all our neighbours, and invited them around once a year for a neighbourhood party, and asked them to feed our cat when we were away, etc. But the smaller the town the better.

Hitcher
25th February 2007, 14:29
Any suggestions?

Whatever you do, don't come to Wellington. It's perfect, and those of us who live here want to keep it that way.

Motu
25th February 2007, 14:45
I hardly ever see kids playing at the end of the street, and there is a school, reserve and park down there. You hardly ever hear roudy partys where people are having fun or kids screaming and playing.

You can get all this in Huntly - but I suspect it's totally the opposite to what you want.I was trying to move to Rodney a few years ago,sounds like I was lucky I didn't.A similar thing happened on Waiheke Island - it was a paradise where no one wanted to live,housing was cheap and you could live any lifestyle you wanted.We could come home from a weekend away and find the front door wide open....forgot to shut it when we left.Now it is an upmarket suburb of Auckland - all us hippies left years ago.

SixPackBack
25th February 2007, 14:50
I'm sick of the Rodney Fucken District and seriously considering a move to somewhere else, somewhere with less Auckland'ness and more community rather than Government influence.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking the South Island down with ScumDog or perhaps Australia.

When the fuck are all the old decaying worthless piece of shit pain in the arse residents in Rodney going to die? It's a nice place, just too many metropolitan fag Aucklanders moving up here for "lifestyle" and too many old nay-sayers.

Besides I hear the chicks are better over in aussie, typical.

So, serious question, if you think the area / country you live in is shit hot, where the fuck is it.

Fookme someones got sand in their Vagina piemeister. Rodney is a great place stop bitchin'.

CM2005
25th February 2007, 14:51
haha, up norths nice! dont live in wellsford. i reckon brizzy in oz is funk cool. dunno

Meekey_Mouse
25th February 2007, 14:53
Aussie is good... but it is starting to go down hill just like ever where else. It also gets freakin hot in most places, more flies then humans... and.... has spiders :mellow:

Taupo is the ONLY place I'd want to live in the North Island, other then that it'd be either the South Island or Aussie.

SwanTiger
25th February 2007, 15:20
Whatever you do, don't come to Wellington. It's perfect, and those of us who live here want to keep it that way.
Don't worry, Wellington is all yours.

Most people assume based on their opinion of me through this website that I am an arsehole and Auckland as a residence suites me.

This is not true, I am a prick, not an arsehole.

You can get all this in Huntly - but I suspect it's totally the opposite to what you want.
I like Huntly, all I'd have to do is buy the local KFC or McDonalds and I'd be made for life. Nah, I do like Huntly.

Fookme someones got sand in their Vagina piemeister. Rodney is a great place stop bitchin'.
Yeah I've got a yeast infection.

Alright, who wants to come for a road trip around the South Island? :Punk:

Colapop
25th February 2007, 15:23
Move to Wanganui and learn to row. I shit you not. Heaps of chicks (not the fat useless ones) go rowing and there's plenty to choose from. Plus Wanganui isn't too far off the beaten track, with some good roads around the place too.

ldnz
25th February 2007, 18:46
A similar thing happened on Waiheke Island - it was a paradise where no one wanted to live,housing was cheap and you could live any lifestyle you wanted.We could come home from a weekend away and find the front door wide open....forgot to shut it when we left.Now it is an upmarket suburb of Auckland - all us hippies left years ago.

Yeah I did 5 odd years on Waiheke and caught the end of that transition. Most of my mates have left as well. Too expensive now, and if you can sell your $50,000 home for $500,000 then move out to Barrier and get the old lifestyle, why not?

Still, they haven't ventured far out the back end of the rock yet. /ends rant.

Grahameeboy
25th February 2007, 18:49
Move to Devonport Mr Swanny.................

SixPackBack
25th February 2007, 18:52

No way!!...only the very rich and the very gay live in devonport....Oh hang on you should be okay piemiester:yes:

Grahameeboy
25th February 2007, 18:55
No way!!...only the very rich and the very gay live in devonport....Oh hang on you should be okay piemiester:yes:

I wish....to the rich bit!!! And it's Ponsonby where the very gay live..........ppffftt to you Mr 1 Pack.........

ldnz
25th February 2007, 18:58
Na give Devonport the miss. Doubt you'd find any decent community attitude around here.

Grahameeboy
25th February 2007, 18:59
Na give Devonport the miss. Doubt you'd find any decent community attitude around here.

It's all good here mate..............a few moaners with nothing better to do.......

ldnz
25th February 2007, 20:05
I'll take you word for it. I'm not moaning about it, I don't have a choice where I live!

lb99
25th February 2007, 20:27
small town, great weather, no traffic, and cause no one knows you you can do whatever the fuck you want.....(they cant talk about you if you don't know ya name!)

Maha
25th February 2007, 20:36

Seriously.......wherever and when you go....make sure you take ya NUGGETS !!!

NotaGoth
26th February 2007, 06:54
Move to Morewa, you can be my neighbour lol

jtzzr
26th February 2007, 16:56
Where ever you move to Swanny , best of luck mate and if you don`t move how about organising that rally you were on about. All Ta Pest bro:Punk:

Hitcher
26th February 2007, 18:34

Is Morewa anywhere near Moerewa?

sAsLEX
26th February 2007, 18:48
What sort of job skills do you have as this affects the areas that would be suitable.

Whats wrong with Devo? You really picked the wrong job there mate...... I mean there is OTS the Masonic and the wardroom in close distance what else would one want?

NotaGoth
26th February 2007, 19:13
Think of places that are worse to live.... You'll feel better

NotaGoth
26th February 2007, 19:14
Is Morewa anywhere near Moerewa?

No but Kawakawa is

ldnz
26th February 2007, 19:26
For what I'm doing its fine, but I think if you were to move here with a family for the reasons of community spirit etc, you'd be looking in the wrong place. That said Narrowneck beach seems to be quite the family place through summer.

And the wardroom is too bloody far away, damn them closing the bar here!

Whats wrong with Devo? You really picked the wrong job there mate...... I mean there is OTS the Masonic and the wardroom in close distance what else would one want?

Edbear
26th February 2007, 19:44
There's going to be good and bad wherever you go. There's always a honeymoon period when you get there, but people are people everywhere and pretty soon the good things you found will be balanced out by the bad things you'll discover. Remember the grass is always greener, whichever side of the fence you're on.:yes:

Only thing I'm getting a bit frustrated with here is the weekend traffic. If you want to go away for the weekend you join a queue of several million others with the same idea! Instant log-jam! Another positive about gettnig a new bike and having the Missus wanting to come riding again...:msn-wink: :niceone:

sAsLEX
26th February 2007, 19:46
That said Narrowneck beach seems to be quite the family place through summer.

damn them closing the bar here!

not for the locals half of south auckland seems to turn up on nice days in summer

muwhahahaa! I had 3 years of living in the same building as the bar.......

The_Dover
26th February 2007, 19:46
move to the Shetland Islands swampy.

no crime (since I left), good drugs, empty roads and really great community spirit.

and best of all no black cunts. so you'd be a novelty.

Maha
26th February 2007, 19:50
Go Placidly Amid The Noise And Haste And Remember What Peace There May Be In Silence....:love:

Toaster
26th February 2007, 20:17
Dude, the chicks in Sweden are worth a look.

SwanTiger
27th February 2007, 10:20
Go Placidly Amid The Noise And Haste And Remember What Peace There May Be In Silence....:love:
Old man jibberish, can't quite understand ya mate.

Dude, the chicks in Sweden are worth a look.
I would not consider moving to a location soley because of woman, however your suggestion has merit :blip:

move to the Shetland Islands swampy.

no crime (since I left), good drugs, empty roads and really great community spirit.

and best of all no black cunts. so you'd be a novelty.
:shutup:

Where ever you move to Swanny , best of luck mate and if you don`t move how about organising that rally you were on about. All Ta Pest bro:Punk:
Oh yeah, will get around to that, it's about time for another pie run too :innocent:

What's your cooking like?

Negative.

I am not blowing in the wind, I have decided that I will move based on my frustration with the current changes in the area and changes in personal circumstances as well. However, because of current commitments within the community and surrounding areas it will be at the very least 1 year before they are wound up.

South Island for quality of life.
Australia (presumably temporarily) for opportunities.

A lot of New Zealanders seem to be making similar decisions. They don't want the perfect home or life, they just know what they want out of life and are seeking to acheive it. We only live once.

kevfromcoro
27th February 2007, 10:28
hi..iam off 2 aussie soon as i sell my house..sick of the winter here..cant ride..cant go fishing.wind and rain....seems to be a lot of biking going on over there...lots warmer....maye be come back to godzone 4 the sumer....think will miss the green grass and coastal rides..worth a look..its just across the ditch..

Joni
27th February 2007, 10:31
Yeah the South Island is great... I have not looked back once since making the move :yes:

There are few con's (but when is there not?), however the pro's out weight any reason to not be here.

Good luck in deciding.

Finn
27th February 2007, 10:37
Fucked if my kids will be raised in a socially depressed mess.

Well there's your answer. Wherever you decide to live, it won't be NZ.

The Stranger
27th February 2007, 10:47
There are few con's (but when is there not?), however the pro's out weight any reason to not be here.

Hey I live in West Auckland, so there are lots of cons here. But have to hit K rd for the pros.

Joni
27th February 2007, 10:58
Hey I live in West Auckland, so there are lots of cons here. But have to hit K rd for the pros.Ha ha ha... smart arse!

I was in West Auckland too... Te Atatu Peninsula.

Finn
27th February 2007, 11:22
Yeah the South Island is great... I have not looked back once since making the move :yes:

There are few coon's (but when is there not?), however the pro's out weight any reason to not be here.

Good luck in deciding.

RACIST!!!!!

Alice
27th February 2007, 11:38
Steams first quote is very true, things don't always change but our attitudes can and do if we want them to. Saying that, certain places are depressing to live and affect how we feel. With your interests being hunting, mountaineering and motorcycling then I would suggest somewhere down South would suit you. The South Island high country is pretty special, decide if you want a town or city, make a mental list of your wants and don't wants to help you decide, ......fuck I feel like Aunt whoeversheis trying to give advise. A change is good when life gets stagnant and your not happy.
Hope yu find a happier place to be.

Maha
27th February 2007, 12:26
Old man jibberish, can't quite understand ya mate.

Um ok, try this.....Te Hikoi au whetu wai....na not good at that either...:shutup:

SwanTiger
27th February 2007, 13:52
Steams first quote is very true, things don't always change but our attitudes can and do if we want them to. Saying that, certain places are depressing to live and affect how we feel. With your interests being hunting, mountaineering and motorcycling then I would suggest somewhere down South would suit you. The South Island high country is pretty special, decide if you want a town or city, make a mental list of your wants and don't wants to help you decide, ......fuck I feel like Aunt whoeversheis trying to give advise. A change is good when life gets stagnant and your not happy.
Hope yu find a happier place to be.
I was listning to talk back radio one night and a guy mentioned a joke that wen't something along the lines of this:

"An Australian came over and was walking along the water front warf with his Kiwi mate, he came across a middle aged Maori man fishing and next to him was a plastic bucket with crabs in it. Observing the bucket, the Australian noticed that the crabs were trying to get out and were making a good go of it. In hast, he questioned the man "Aren't you worried about your crabs getting out of the bucket and jumping back in the sea?" to which he replied "Nah bro, these are Kiwi crabs!", "When one of them climbs to the top the rest pull him back down".

This is what the Rodney District feels like to me, not as a whole but increasingly with the changes. The earlier example I gave of the small local market that was closed down due to a complaint and resource consent bullshit.

When I was younger we use to ride a bikes around the street and ajoining farm a lot, new neighbours moved in, cool, they were old and coming here to retire, not so cool as they hated our motorbikes! They complained to the council, the council sent in an EHO, he was a genuine person, told the neighbours to get fucked and gave us a piece of paper saying that we could ride to our hearts content from 6AM until 6PM 6 days of the week. Obviously we didn't ride from 6 until 6, but it showed common sense and decency on the councils part.

That's changed, now the council will fuck you up the arse and give one person the right of way! We've seen it with the Speedway, almost with the Westpac run and a bunch of other stories are floating out there too.

I don't like it, I can't change it, I possibly could if I spent a lifetime in politics and worked hard, or I could lump it, accept the change and move to somewhere that suites me and the other like minded'ish people living there.

Maha
27th February 2007, 13:57
......fuck I feel like Aunt whoeversheis

Hogsnort Rupert done a song about 'Aunty Alice'....could you be her?...
Or.....you maybe thinking of Aunt Daisy, in which case that would very sad indeed...

Mrs Busa Pete
27th February 2007, 14:08
Don't worry, Wellington is all yours.

Alright, who wants to come for a road trip around the South Island? :Punk:
what on exactly ive got 15 days off at easter:Punk: got to be in towronga for toy&easter egg run on the 1st of april

Grub
27th February 2007, 14:31
Might I suggest Waiatoto ... you'l know everyone there

http://www.smaps.co.nz/nz/westland/haast/

Maha
27th February 2007, 14:37
got to be in towronga for toy&easter egg run on the 1st of april

April 1st???.....yeah that may not happen aye?......
We will be in that area over Easter.....Saturday night at Teds!!....:yes:

Alice
27th February 2007, 14:41
Hogsnort Rupert done a song about 'Aunty Alice'....could you be her?...
Or.....you maybe thinking of Aunt Daisy, in which case that would very sad indeed...

:nono: I cringe at the thought neither of the above thanks all the same. Said I felt like, not am, your right, it would be sad.

Hogsnort Rupert,... who who, I have not bothered to store that piece of info in my memory bank.

Maha
27th February 2007, 14:48
Hogsnort Rupert,... who who

A 70's NZ band....around the same time as BLERTA and co'....:Punk:
BLERTA!!!!!..... i have an idea....SWANTIGER ole chap, get a bus throw the bike in it and the whanau......job done mate, live where ever you want to....:rockon:

PS....thank me later dude....:yes: