PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated stunt bike!

Drew
25th February 2007, 15:04
So, my 400 aint goin on the track, cos I think it's too slow, and would piss me off.

However, it does mint wheelies, (a little too mint as it turned out the other night,) sooo, I'm gonna chuck a twelve bar and a huge sprocket on it, wrap the noisy bit in a crash cage, and stunt the bitch!

I'm on my way out now to buy a digital camera, so pics of the progress will start in a couple hours.

Drew
25th February 2007, 17:35
Quick self tutorial on camera use, and here are the first pics. It's a shit heap, but it's a solid shit heap! After it flipped on the motorway, I still rode it home, and it only took an hour to get it sorted and rideable again.

Note the scrapes on the tail, and missing tail light lense. Other than that, I bent a bar. (allready replaced)

Next pics will be with the 12 bar, and crash cage fitted, probably tomorrow night, I'm off to the garage now to attach the enormous sprocket:yes:

Stay tuned

skelstar
25th February 2007, 17:37
By the post times your tutorial took 2 hours :shit:

Its a minta!

Drew
25th February 2007, 18:43
Took ages to get a camera, and took me ages to turn the pics into site friendly size. After I put 'em in adobe, hit shift+ctrl+alt+S, and presto, web sized pics. Cheers for the tip Mikey:yes:

megageoff76
25th February 2007, 19:10
That bike definately looks 'Maired' now mate :yes:

limbimtimwim
25th February 2007, 21:02
Love the Honda sticker, just up the road from the Deltabox sticker.

Bangbug
26th February 2007, 10:25
Nooissssse

bert_is_evil
26th February 2007, 11:18
Is Fizzerman's stunt school about to open it's doors for business?

Drew
26th February 2007, 11:40
Tutorials are free bro, I'm not goos enough to charge for my limited knowledge.
We usually go out on a Tuesday night, (to our own privat paved area of course, we'd never do anuthing illegal), you and anyone else are more than welcome to join us.

I should probably say, if you wanna do wheelies, but are a bit worried about your bike, and arse. The cautious, fuck it, it aint that important to me approach is ALWAYS best.

This stuff has to be takin with a grain of salt. I've been hoistin every bike I've had since I got an '88 VF750, and only flipped one, but I've always known it could happen.

bert_is_evil
26th February 2007, 12:10
hmmm tempting, not too worried about my self, just my precious bike :love: once I've scratched up both sides it wont seem like such a big deal..... Think I'll get a bit more practise with front wheel a couple of cm's off the ground (although it feels like metres) and then might get in touch with you for some pointers.

Drew
26th February 2007, 12:14
hmmm tempting, not too worried about my self, just my precious bike :love: once I've scratched up both sides it wont seem like such a big deal..... Think I'll get a bit more practise with front wheel a couple of cm's off the ground (although it feels like metres) and then might get in touch with you for some pointers.

I'm not gonna try and teach ya stand up circles anyway bro, (cos I cant do 'em myself,) so if you've got the hang of lifting it, it's all practise from there.
You can always ask how I or any other fool that does this shit goes about it, but we'll seldom all give a similar answer.

Drew
26th February 2007, 12:29
That bike definately looks 'Maired' now mate :yes:
I've ridden yours too pal.

megageoff76
26th February 2007, 14:17
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that...urrgh I feel so dirty! :sick:

Drew
26th February 2007, 20:46
the progress so far on the 12 bar, on project bin, is that I have it mounted, but I'm concerned it is too close to the wheel, and wont give enough levridge (sp) to stop me goin all the way over again.
Needs the ends cut off the scrape bar too, to safen things up a tad, but you get the idea.

ghostrider
2nd March 2007, 11:57
looks like a grader blade?

cowpoos
2nd March 2007, 12:45
looks like a grader blade?
it will be with the angle its welded me thinks

Drew
2nd March 2007, 15:23
it will be with the angle its welded me thinks

Christ you talk a lot of shit Poos. It's not easy to see in the pic, but it has a slider on the bottom, with the flat pointin at the right angle to sit flat when it's touching. Well, slightly off flat so that when the suspension compresses as the brakes go on, it hasn't got a sharp edge that can dig in.

Give a brother some credit, when it comes to buildin shit, you should stay inside drinkin.

skelstar
2nd March 2007, 15:24
You might have to tie a hanky on to that slider bro...

Drew
2nd March 2007, 15:35
You might have to tie a hanky on to that slider bro...

Na, the road code say's, you're allowed to hang an object up to a meter infront, and behind a motorcycle, provided it doesn't block the lights at all.

My, "luggage system", complies with those rules nicely.

Just a shame it aint, registered, warranted, and requires a VIN.

cowpoos
2nd March 2007, 22:07
when it comes to buildin shit, you should stay inside drinkin.

I must say you got a point there!!!

mmmmmmmmmmm..................beer!!!!!!!!

White trash
2nd March 2007, 22:34
Christ you talk a lot of shit Poos. It's not easy to see in the pic, but it has a slider on the bottom, with the flat pointin at the right angle to sit flat when it's touching. Well, slightly off flat so that when the suspension compresses as the brakes go on, it hasn't got a sharp edge that can dig in.

Give a brother some credit, when it comes to buildin shit, you should stay inside drinkin.
OK. Give this brother some credit.

When it comes to racing up hills on a road course, you should go to bed early coz "I got a head ache and gotta get up early and Dover gave me the learn today and my brake lever's coming back to the bars and my bikes not all I crack it up to be......"

Drew
8th March 2007, 21:48

When it comes to racing up hills on a road course, you should go to bed early coz "I got a head ache and gotta get up early and Dover gave me the learn today and my brake lever's coming back to the bars and my bikes not all I crack it up to be......"

When the green flag drops.....

Save it for the day bro, cos I'm gonna gift wrap your arse before I hand it to you:yes:

cowpoos
8th March 2007, 22:27

When the green flag drops.....

Save it for the day bro, cos I'm gonna gift wrap your arse before I hand it to you:yes:

bwwwaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!! you two are soooooo cute!!!

Drew
9th March 2007, 12:09
bwwwaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!! you two are soooooo cute!!!
Shut up ya tool, you're just lucky you aint entering, cos you talk more shit than I bloody do.

Drew
31st March 2007, 23:10
Bad news sports fans, I've decided to end the project before completion.

It turns out I'm not too flash at wheelies. So it''s gonna become a street rat.