PDA

View Full Version : Manawatu: Made it home without the bike...

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 17:28
And it is a good thing - I think.

Set off this morning on the 600 with Bonez and Meanie. Headed out the piatutua track. Took about half way up the track to get the feeling for the old girl back and then it came flooding back. bonez set a very repectable pace over the track and the bike felt just as good as it always did. Through piatutua and out on a bonez adventure. Alfredton somewhere or other and back roads all the way to Masterton.
Sneaked through the waiarapa quietly without anyone noticing and up over the takas. Heaps and heaps of cars and trucks on the hill today. Pretty entertaining trying to get past them but we managed it.
Saw Kendogs at the rimutex station at the bottom of the hill. Can confirm that they are still on 2 wheels after the drive of the viper.

Down the motorway to Johnsonville to the meeting point and I had to hand the keys over to the new owner. Didn't really want to but he handed me a wad of $100 notes which softened the blow. I almost forgot how much I liked riding that bike. It was a good way to send it off.

Jumped on the back of Meanies bike for the second time this month. Ride home was very entertaining. Meanie decided to go over piecock hill. Fantastic idea if I was on my own bike. Peg scrapeing and I was getting a little nervous as Meanie threw the mighty VN round corners that are more suited to sports bikes.

Nice little altercation in Waikanae where a SUV decided we weren't going fast enough in a line of 23478932647 cars and undertook us while running out of room and getting far too close for comfort. Gave her a wave.

Made the rest of the trip pretty uneventful. Pleased to be home and hoping my pillioning days are over.

Trudes
25th February 2007, 17:36
LOL, glad you guys made it home safely and that your "waving" hand got a little workout! Very difficult to pillion when you're used to being in control hey! Sounds like you had a nice farewell to the old gal!:bye:

Grub
25th February 2007, 18:00
I sympathise, maybe you would have been better going over the 'rapa. We've just arrived home from Napier and the finale of the Ride for Life. We missed you Comboyz, but we won't beat up on you .... Yungatart iss ging to do that all by herself ... hehehe

The 'rapa was as hot as hell this afternnon but as soon as we hit Featherston it got all mushy with millions of cars. When we stpped at the top of the hill, we could see the head of the queue we were in as far down the hill as you couuld see .. and the tail was still going past us!

But you guys would have been ok going the other way that's for sure

chanceyy
25th February 2007, 18:07
talking of Pillion .. LOL .. well I took my first pillion today ... in first gear only from one end of manfeild pits to the gate .. no stalling no wobbles LOL felt damn good to have him behind me for a change :love: :dodge: :yes: :shutup: am guessing it will not be a regular occurance ;) :Punk: :Punk:

Panther
25th February 2007, 18:18
COWBOYS are you bringing the green machine of death to manfield on sunday??

Chancey can't wait to see ya out there!

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 18:23
yep. but only coming to watch! honestly

Panther
25th February 2007, 18:24
pussy. its only 40 bucks. i figure you could earn that on fri nite in palmy.

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 18:26
probably could if you would come and work for me.

Panther
25th February 2007, 18:28
:gob: seriously thou are you not coming out to burgle the slow group?

MSTRS
25th February 2007, 18:30
yep. but only coming to watch! honestly

Don't you dare!! Looks like I'll be there (I hope) and who else will give me the learn??

86GSXR
25th February 2007, 18:32
talking of Pillion .. LOL .. well I took my first pillion today ... in first gear only from one end of manfeild pits to the gate .. no stalling no wobbles LOL felt damn good to have him behind me for a change :love: :dodge: :yes: :shutup: am guessing it will not be a regular occurance ;) :Punk: :Punk:

Lol, actually, it was quite relaxing being a pillion, are you sure you haven't secretly been riding bikes for the last 20 yrs? :yes:

Meanie
25th February 2007, 18:33
Awesome weather for the ride today, a good trip over to pahiatua and then some back roads to Masterton (he he he we made it through without being spotted) An ambulance crept up on cowboyz at the roundabout and gave him a blast on his siren made for entertaining viewing. a great run over the rimutakas dodging cages and big smelly cattle trucks I think i spotted lisa on the mighty GN heading north. A quick chat with the kendogs at riutex and off to Jville to offload the "ol piece of shit" as everyone has called it, even i was a little sad to leave it behind after all i have spent the last year or so following it
Decided to go over peakak hill and give cowboyz a taste of being a pillion on the back of the meanie with a little peg scrape thrown in for a little fun
Interesting ride through Wiakanae when some dumb young blonde decided to undertake me as the double lane ended and wasnt gonna button off for love nor money So a long blast from my niosemaker and a lot of finger wagging courtesy of bonez and cowboyz Thanks guys :yes:
Coffee at Otaki and then headed home
Heaps of bikes on the road enjoying the day and it was a good one
A very enjoyable day was had :yes:

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 18:41
:gob: seriously thou are you not coming out to burgle the slow group?

I will come over to say hi.

Cant be tossing the new bike down the track so soon. Maybe after a few road ks

chanceyy
25th February 2007, 18:43
COWBOYS are you bringing the green machine of death to manfield on sunday??

Chancey can't wait to see ya out there!

thanks Girl .. I am soooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to doing the nana thing around the track ... :innocent:

come on cowboys .. honestly .. we know once your there .. you will not be able to resist ;) .... counting on it anyhow

Meanie
25th February 2007, 18:45
If cowboyz turns up he will be on the track he just cant help himself
I would lay odds on it :yes:

Panther
25th February 2007, 18:46
what sort of odds eh?

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 18:49
we will see...

Steam
25th February 2007, 18:49
...with Bonez and Meanie.
Tell Bonez I want his CX when it comes time to sell it! I love ugly bikes, and that plastic maggot is uuuugly!

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 18:50
oh. I nearly forgot. You wont like Bonez bike anymore because he has got some bling on it.

chanceyy
25th February 2007, 18:52
Lol, actually, it was quite relaxing being a pillion, are you sure you haven't secretly been riding bikes for the last 20 yrs? :yes:

nope & usual story what you see is what you get ... LOL you was there for my first ride on the road, first longish ride ( that BIG wee block) & first pillion ride ..:shutup: :innocent:

& its prob closer to 25 yrs when I think about it ... :banana: :banana: :lol:

Steam
25th February 2007, 18:54
You wont like Bonez bike anymore because he has got some bling on it.

Bling? ...as in Orange Sheepskin tied on with string??

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 18:59
no. he put 2 new hoseclips on it. nice shinny silver too.

Meanie
25th February 2007, 19:05
Tell Bonez I want his CX when it comes time to sell it! I love ugly bikes, and that plastic maggot is uuuugly!

The bike or the rider :dodge:

Bonez
25th February 2007, 19:07
pussy. its only 40 bucks. .Thats 400kms plus , 500kms, of "proper" riding:yes: You know not going around and round in tiny circles.

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 19:09
as aposed to following you where we go round adn round in big circles?

86GSXR
25th February 2007, 19:09
& its prob closer to 25 yrs when I think about it ... :banana: :banana: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ah Ha, thought so! lol:yes:

Panther
25th February 2007, 19:15
cmon has beens (ashurst boys thats you)

Bonez
25th February 2007, 19:18
cmon has beens (ashurst boys thats you)Haven't seen you on an Ashurst ride yet have we? I should add we do ride quite sedately, generally keep in eye out for others with the group. More out for the fun of the ride, stop quite frequently and gas bag. Everyones welcome.

Meanie
25th February 2007, 19:22
cmon has beens (ashurst boys thats you)

No has beens here just up and coming :bleh:

Bonez
25th February 2007, 19:25
no. he put 2 new hoseclips on it. nice shinny silver too.It even got a wash today. Second time in 6 months. Due for an oil/filter/maintenance hour or two. Just realised I've done 5,000kms on the beast looking at the back of the manual. Boy time flies when you're having fun...............

86GSXR
25th February 2007, 19:25
Bonez and Meanie, I reckon you guys should get those steeds of yours onto the track next week, you'll love it, and the more the merrier:yes:

Bonez
25th February 2007, 19:29
Bling? ...as in Orange Sheepskin tied on with string??Would you like to borrow my magnifying glass? There are bungies, which are also usefull for holding the seat in place.

chanceyy
25th February 2007, 19:34
Ah Ha, thought so! lol:yes:

ahh yes .. but i am still younger than you:innocent: :shutup: & of course not as experienced :dodge: :innocent: :Punk: :love:

Meanie
25th February 2007, 19:38
Bonez and Meanie, I reckon you guys should get those steeds of yours onto the track next week, you'll love it, and the more the merrier:yes:
LOL a meanstreak on the track yea right
I may come and watch for a while though

chanceyy
25th February 2007, 19:46

its not about racing at all meanie its about having fun & practicing lines cornering etc .. you should, I can not wait to give it a go ;) & todays ride was my 5th 6th ride on the road ever .. just figure the track will give me the chance to improve without getting killed by a cage & of course I will be in the slow group .. the nana out the back :innocent:

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 19:47
why not. you ride it like a gsxr

Bonez
25th February 2007, 19:49
Bonez and Meanie, I reckon you guys should get those steeds of yours onto the track next week, you'll love it, and the more the merrier:yes:I think the meanies bike is more like a draught horse, the CX is a porky shetland pony and they both leave shit all over the place.:innocent:

Meanie
25th February 2007, 19:52
You have such a way with words bonez :killingme

chanceyy
25th February 2007, 20:02
I think the meanies bike is more like a draught horse, the CX is a porky shetland pony and they both leave shit all over the place.:innocent:

bling for that one bonez,

mind you I think 86GSXR & I seen the ultimate pig bike today .. it had 2 power points with a small hairdryer on the side ... a toothbrush holder with toothbrushes in it .. an ashtray attatched, what appeared to be an attachment for a asmtha inhaler, umm a foot a few extra blingy toy bits .. in a nutshell the funniest/ugliest bike i have ever seen but boy did i laff

Bonez
25th February 2007, 20:11
bling for that one bonez,

mind you I think 86GSXR & I seen the ultimate pig bike today .. it had 2 power points with a small hairdryer on the side ... a toothbrush holder with toothbrushes in it .. an ashtray attatched, what appeared to be an attachment for a asmtha inhaler, umm a foot a few extra blingy toy bits .. in a nutshell the funniest/ugliest bike i have ever seen but boy did i laff
Sounds like spiders rat bike. Did it have a few bras on it?

chanceyy
25th February 2007, 20:14
Sounds like spiders rat bike. Did it have a few bras on it?
hmmm actually I am sure it did have a pic of a rat on it ... but minus any bra's ...

Bonez
25th February 2007, 20:16
hmmm actually I am sure it did have a pic of a rat on it ... but minus any bra's ...He was probably wearing them then-on his head.........................

sels1
25th February 2007, 20:16
Bling? ...as in Orange Sheepskin tied on with string??

Where do you get all that orange sheepskin from Bonez? Have some large orange sheep out the back of the house do you?
I recall you palming off orange sheepskins at the cold kiwi 2 years ago

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 20:18
dont get bonez talking about sheep. you will embarass the young lad

Steam
25th February 2007, 20:20
Where do you get all that orange sheepskin from Bonez?

If anyone would like to imitate the inimitable bearded biker, you can get them cheap from a tannery in Dunedin, up North East Valley. the seconds with holes or blemishes on them go for about $10, VIVID BRIGHT orange. Presumably toxic too.

Bonez
25th February 2007, 20:23
Where do you get all that orange sheepskin from Bonez? Have some large orange sheep out the back of the house do you?
I recall you palming off orange sheepskins at the cold kiwi 2 years ago
Actually it's off a Himalian Yeti I managed to smuggle into the country a few years ago. Unfortnately he has past away, too warm a climate you see. What's on the CX is the last remaining piece of evidence. Please don't tell MAF.

cowboyz
25th February 2007, 20:30
Actually it's off a Himalian Yeti I managed to smuggle into the country a few years ago. Unfortnately he has past away, too warm a climate you see. What's on the CX is the last remaining piece of evidence. Please don't tell MAF.

hide that under your beard to get it through customs did you?

Bonez
25th February 2007, 20:37
hide that under your beard to get it through customs did you?You're on to it. Pretended I was a ZZ Top band member. Came in via a Jumbo on Pink Elephant Airlines. More trunk space ............. Heard of it?

No bull. They're trying to calve a slice, no make that get their tusks, into the pacific aerospace market.

Meanie
25th February 2007, 21:11
Your on to it. Pretended I was a ZZ Top band member. Came in via a Jumbo on Pink Elephant Airlines. More trunk space ............. Heard of it?

No bull. They're trying to calve a slice, no make that get their tusks, into the pacific aerospace market.

Whatever your smokin bonez save me some :yes:

86GSXR
25th February 2007, 22:35

That'd be a good start, and you wouldn't be the only cruiser out there either I bet:yes:

why not. you ride it like a gsxr

Damn right:rockon:

I think the meanies bike is more like a draught horse, the CX is a porky shetland pony and they both leave shit all over the place.:innocent:

LOL :yes:

86GSXR
25th February 2007, 22:39
ahh yes .. but i am still younger than you:innocent: :shutup: & of course not as experienced :dodge: :innocent: :Punk: :love:

Oh god, don't remind me lol

Bonez
26th February 2007, 19:45
Turns out its speedo reading on the ol' porky is about 15kph low. This'll explain the 150-130km difference in odometer reading between the GB and CX on the same bit of road. Something to be aware of on future rides. Also means the CX is a bit more economical on petrol, makes up for it in oil usage though, than what I first thought.

chanceyy
26th February 2007, 20:12
Oh god, don't remind me lol

:psst: :Pokey: Reminds ya :whistle: :Pokey:

:devil2: :killingme :rofl: :nya: :devil2:

86GSXR
27th February 2007, 06:11
:psst: :Pokey: Reminds ya :whistle: :Pokey:

:devil2: :killingme :rofl: :nya: :devil2:

Sorry? I didn't quite catch that:yes:

chanceyy
27th February 2007, 07:08
Sorry? I didn't quite catch that:yes:

thats ok I will make sure you catch that when we go for our next ride :blip: :shake: :rofl: :nya: