PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Suzuki Cappuccino

Cajun
12th August 2004, 16:46
Okay people i am looking for a suzuki cappuccino its a car 657cc turbo

i wanna have it for a little project car, so if anyone sees one going please let me know they are a very rare small car.

most of them are red,

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1998@$Suzuki@$Cappuccinog.html

Motoracer
12th August 2004, 16:56
I know where this is headed... Bring on the intercooled twin turbo Hyabusha engine with NOS!! :Punk:

Motu
12th August 2004, 17:04
Saw one last night going around the Universal Drive/Swanson rds roundabout - stupid fuckin looking thing....you'd never see me in a car like that....looked kinda cool....yeah,ok,it wasn't too bad....I kinda liked it....it rocks!....I want one....bring it on!!!

White trash
12th August 2004, 17:11
Saw one last night going around the Universal Drive/Swanson rds roundabout - stupid fuckin looking thing....you'd never see me in a car like that....looked kinda cool....yeah,ok,it wasn't too bad....I kinda liked it....it rocks!....I want one....bring it on!!!

ha ha ha. That's exactly what went through my mond when I first saw one.

DEATH_INC.
12th August 2004, 17:38
Great little things to thrash around......sound pretty neat from the drivers seat too......or at least the one I drove did......but not real quick....
Bring on that turbo nos busa engine :devil2:

wkid_one
12th August 2004, 17:47
You could race one against a Honda Beat
http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/images/adyipsw.JPG

Stinkwheeler
12th August 2004, 18:22
Used to see a Suzuki Cappuccino around Wellington CBD years ago.

Zapf
12th August 2004, 18:35
I sat in one at the dealers... man... I could only just fit. can't move my foot properly to get to the peddles.... I am really suprise how someone can fit in those things :)

Cajun
12th August 2004, 20:26
hahahaha damn you guys, you figured me out
i been wanting one for 3 years, now i got enough money i can get one if i can afford,

these things have better power/weight ratio than evo, i mean 700kgs is damn light, and i love driving small cars, once i put a nice motor in the front, and being rear wheel drive it be fun as hell, i be wanting to put a busa or gsxr1000 motor in it, be wanting something in the range of 300+hp just to have a little fun with dc:<

keep ya eyes looking for me, i don't really care what condtion, cause it won't be stock condtion for long

Motoracer
12th August 2004, 20:54
i been wanting one for 3 years, now i got enough money i can get one if i can afford,

these things have better power/weight ratio than evo, i mean 700kgs is damn light, and i love driving small cars, once i put a nice motor in the front, and being rear wheel drive it be fun as hell, i be wanting to put a busa or gsxr1000 motor in it, be wanting something in the range of 300+hp just to have a little fun with dc:<

keep ya eyes looking for me, i don't really care what condtion, cause it won't be stock condtion for long

I thought you weren't interested in cars cajunator :Pokey:

geoffm
12th August 2004, 21:06
Okay people i am looking for a suzuki cappuccino its a car 657cc turbo

i wanna have it for a little project car, so if anyone sees one going please let me know they are a very rare small car.

most of them are red,

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1998@$Suzuki@$Cappuccinog.html

I tried one out at a dealers a few years ago. at 6'2", I couldn't move the steering wheel after I had wedged myself into the car. My 5'-and-a-bit wiffe found it fine.
Geoff

Cajun
13th August 2004, 07:42
I thought you weren't interested in cars cajunator :Pokey:

i'm not, but i will be needing a car, whats better, turn a car in to a motorbike, dc:< half car half motorbike,

hmmmm turbo nos busa engine

Cajun
13th August 2004, 07:42
I tried one out at a dealers a few years ago. at 6'2", I couldn't move the steering wheel after I had wedged myself into the car. My 5'-and-a-bit wiffe found it fine.
Geoff

i'm 6"2 i found them okay, but thats easy fix to make it more comtable

Badcat
13th August 2004, 15:48

i've had 2 mx5s - the last one for 6 years and it's pretty trick.
cajun, if you want to get a big HP little convertible, there's a HUGE mx5 cult - rotaries, ford 5 litre V8s, superchargers, turbos etc, and people have been doiing it for 12 years...
personally - i LOVE the cap. the roof is great - much better than the mx5
i've driven a couple and i'm 6'2 and 100 kilos.
It's really different. i just think you've already got a huge community in the badass mx5 group, places like flying miata in the states, racing beat, rod millen, mazdaspeed etc etc - and you're on your own with the cap.
STILL - i'm dead keen to see you do it.
K

duckman
13th August 2004, 15:58
How about a yamaha Mochacino ???

or Toyota Flat white ?? ....

Honda short black ??

Nissan fluffy?? :Punk:

Cajun
13th August 2004, 16:06
i've had 2 mx5s - the last one for 6 years and it's pretty trick.
cajun, if you want to get a big HP little convertible, there's a HUGE mx5 cult - rotaries, ford 5 litre V8s, superchargers, turbos etc, and people have been doiing it for 12 years...
personally - i LOVE the cap. the roof is great - much better than the mx5
i've driven a couple and i'm 6'2 and 100 kilos.
It's really different. i just think you've already got a huge community in the badass mx5 group, places like flying miata in the states, racing beat, rod millen, mazdaspeed etc etc - and you're on your own with the cap.
STILL - i'm dead keen to see you do it.
K

Badcat tons of mx5s around, i want to do something rare, i hate rotaries so don't go there.

I want a small car, and whats better than putting a suzuki bike engine in a suzuki car, okay i could do the same thing with a suzuki swift, but, i like the look of the suzuki capp.
They turn heads, even in stock form, and once its got tons of power it will turn more heads, and blow alot of cars away, i would love to pull up to some silly boyraces in this small little car, and smoke them,

there are a few cap sites around the place with info, and there is tons of info around for putting busa motors in to cars, best thing is the cap is already rear wheel drive, and alot of it should be straight forwards. i mean i could put a gsxr1000 or 1300 in a mini if really wanted to i wanna do it with a bit of style , and be different, cause thats me

Duckman i don't like coffee maybe a holden milo might work tho

Eddieb
13th August 2004, 16:18
What about a Smart car. Comes out with a 660 turbo, very small, light as most of the body work is fibreglass. Apparently the most speed camered (sp?) car in the UK. designed by mercedes or summit.

I dunno about Auckland but there a few dealers and individuals down this way importing them.

www.thesmart.co.uk

They do a funky roadster version as well.

Cajun
13th August 2004, 16:24
i don't have that sorta cash, there is a smart car down at dealer here.

Two Smoker
14th August 2004, 18:57
There's an asian guy in Auckland that drives a Cap, dark green with mags, and all you hear is wwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhh ppppssssshhhhhhh........ he has wound up the boost hehehe.....

marty
14th August 2004, 20:59
there's a smart car for sale at my work - i'll see how much they want for it.

have you asked how much to import a low grade suzi from japan? if you're gonna pull it to bits it won't matter if it's a bit untidy. you may even be able to bring in a de-reg'd one cause you're gonna need a new cert anyway.

marty
14th August 2004, 21:03
these stats are pretty scary though...
Model Suzuki Cappucino
Year of production 1993
Layout Front-engined, Fwd.
Engine Inline-3, dohc, 4v/cyl, turbo.
Capacity 657c.c.
Power 64 hp
Torque 76 lbft
Gearbox 5M
Kerb weight 700 kg
Top speed 93 mph*
0-60 mph 11.3 sec*

* Tested by Autocar, (with a tail wind and 10 degree down slope)

Milky
14th August 2004, 21:46
I have seen only two in Auks... One tricked up one near Erricsson stadium - rather large rear spoiler, mags etc - and another standard looking red one driving around here and there... Good luck on finding one, as they seem rather rare.

riffer
14th August 2004, 23:08
Hey Cajun. I've just finished reading the AA Directions, which arrived today.

They list the contact number for the Suzuki Cappuccino Owners Register for Enthusiasts (SCORE) phone number - 09 534 2918

Perhaps you could try there - they may be able to help you in acquiring a Cappuccino. :spudwave:

riffer
14th August 2004, 23:13
Another possible way you could go too Cajun is to try what some guys I know have done, and look at the Caterham 7, or likewise.

One mate has put one together with a NZ-sourced chassis, and used a worked version of the Toyota Corolla FX-GT motor (1600 4AGE) which for around 10 grand got him an 800 kg track weapon with 250 hp. verrrrry quick.

Cajun
18th April 2006, 13:22
.:bump:.

Anyone seen any of these floating around place for sale?

GR81
18th April 2006, 13:57
how does this one look? :blip:

Cajun
18th April 2006, 14:07
mmmm no
looks little like this

Matt
18th April 2006, 14:08
I had a Suzuki Cappuccino ages ago - managed to fit in with a different steering wheel too (I'm 6'5"!). There doesn't seem to be many about, although I have seen one in Wellington last week - think importing your own would be easiest (see one of the auctions sites like http://www.jdm-wholesale.com/. As riffer says there's loads of info on upgrades etc at SCORE (http://www.score.org.uk/)

I would prefer a Mazda AZ-1 though...

Matt

Cajun
18th April 2006, 14:18
yeah i know about score, but trying to find one here, its a bugger since you can not import them any more due to changes of importing second hand car laws. (mmmm i might have to look in to this the jdm site above still lists them)

I have a few plans if i am able to get one at a good price.

Edbear
18th April 2006, 14:47
How about a yamaha Mochacino ???

or Toyota Flat white ?? ....

Honda short black ??

Nissan fluffy?? :Punk:

Nissan Fluffy???????????? (Then I saw your avatar...)

Ain't seen ine since 'bout two years ago being rebuilt from a rally car in a panelbeaters. The 'beater was due to shift into new premises so don't know where he'd be now. The Cappucino club sounds best bet.

Finn
18th April 2006, 15:12

That capachino thingy is butt ugly. Regardless of what you put under the hood, you'd still look gayer than Rip Torn. If you wanna get yourself a crazy small car, get a Smart and wack a busa or GSX thou into it. There was a vid on this site of a guy that did this - awesome!

Cajun
18th April 2006, 15:17
Personally i don't mind look of it, i seen them in the flesh and look kind cool, small, but thats sorta cars i always liked. Smart car just doesn't do it for me.

And by keeping the car as a suzuki and dropiing a suzuki motor in it, is alot more interesting, i know of rotorys put in same car.

ON site note got an email back from http://www.jdm-wholesale.com/
'Hi

We can import these cars unfortunately they do not meet the LTSA frontal impact standards and there fore cannot be road registered.

Just let me know if you have any questions

Cheers'

Badcat
18th April 2006, 17:13
mmmm no
looks little like this

jesus - that girls needs some pies.

Matt
3rd October 2006, 11:51
Here's your chance:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Suzuki/auction-72385994.htm

Looks expensive, but then I guess they're only going to get rarer!

Matt

Cajun
3rd October 2006, 11:58
not for 15k i am not buying one.
Thanks for spotting it matt

Postie
3rd October 2006, 12:03
I remember there used to be one driving round Auckland with the rego DECAFE.

Thats all I have to add to this tread.

Cajun
3rd October 2006, 12:21
yeah there is two in tga one with plate time4a and one with antity

(spelling that f1 race car driver from 90s)
I can't justify spending 15k on one, when i be spending another 10k on it to get it to what i want.

Beemer
3rd October 2006, 16:36
Used to see a Suzuki Cappuccino around Wellington CBD years ago.

It was probably Helene Ritchie's - the former city councillor - she had one.

Grahameeboy
3rd October 2006, 16:38
There is a silver one in my road....cool cars.

Cajun
3rd October 2006, 19:12
There is a silver one in my road....cool cars.

be even better when i get one, for a good price, and spend money on it that i want.

CAPPO
11th October 2007, 22:06
Hi Cajun,
Good taste in cars, interesting that many bikers when forced to drive a car go for a Cappuccino.
I might be able to end your search for a Cap, I have 3 for you to choose from. Actually 4 but I'm not gunna let you bastardise my 1st real automotive love.
Contact me.

deanohit
11th October 2007, 22:35
Cajun, a Cappuccino with Hayabusa power sounds awesome, and even better, you've got Macks Busa in the shed, just don't tell him you want to borrow the motor!

Talking of Suzuki power, I reckon an M109 engine would go great in my Vitara, water cooled 1800 twin with loads of power and even more torque, plus that awesome sound, aaahhhh, I wish!!

Cajun
12th October 2007, 07:02
Hi Cajun,
Good taste in cars, interesting that many bikers when forced to drive a car go for a Cappuccino.
I might be able to end your search for a Cap, I have 3 for you to choose from. Actually 4 but I'm not gunna let you bastardise my 1st real automotive love.
Contact me.

Well if you looked at the cap sites in uk, it is common for them to put busa motors in to them. they even do a kit for you.

betti
12th October 2007, 10:12
there ya go, bit pricey though!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Suzuki/auction-121333255.htm

pocket_cappo
24th May 2011, 23:03
Hi Cajun,
Contact me.

Hey there, I just found this via extensive google searching.
I really want to buy a Suzuki Cappuccino and I see you own a few?

I have cash and would really like to come see what you have ( If you still have any ).

I'm a huge fan of the Suzuki Cappuccino and have been hunting for a couple of year's now trying to find one.

Could you please contact me - PM or email on myteggiexsi@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Scott

marty
25th May 2011, 07:54
maximum thread dredge :)

hey I'm off to Scotland in a few months...

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/for-sale-suzuki-cappuccino/79423769