PDA

View Full Version : Sexy NZ Streetfighter

skelstar
25th February 2007, 20:15
Saw this bike at the Nats round at Manfeild today. Damn its a friggin sexy looking bike (more so in the flesh). Its Yamaha, maybe 2005 R1? (at least the motor and tail light are)...didnt talk to the owner, but sneakily took some photos.

Notes:

1. Its sexy...and strangely clean.
2. It was outside the Pirelli pits I think.
3. The front indicators were SMD LEDs heatshrunk into a tube and wrapped around the front forks. BLOODY COOL IDEA. Might have a stab at making some of my own. I'll call it inspiration (some call it plagiarism).
4. The rear indicators are missing, presumed integrated into the taillight.
5. Its sexy...oh. Said that.
6. Bar end mirrors...made the look without being obvious. Bar a nice gold, but looked quite over-sized in diameter.
7. Exhaust had two side-exits. One each side.
8. Headlights, sexy, were Hella units, and I have seen them in a catalogue before.
9. CF bits around about. Steering damper...

Anyone know anymore than this?

Friggin sexy.

Devil
25th February 2007, 20:27
Seat, engine and radiator say R1 to me.
Pretty nifty. Haven't seen one done to that extent.

N4CR
25th February 2007, 20:28
yeah it was at paeroa it's an r1 from memory, wasn't parked with us up at the nz streetfighter club (nzstreetfighters.com) if you want i'll ask on their forums and see if it's one of ours.

skelstar
25th February 2007, 20:29
It also had "Scorpio" on the tank. The tank/radiator fairing was quite custom looking...but very tidy.

skelstar
25th February 2007, 20:53
Bingo: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_gal_yam.asp (first bike).

"It's an '04 R1 bought with 1,300ks and was a write off. Have taken a year and a half to get to this stage but still lots of work to be done. Have made it road legal as it's better on the road than in the shed collecting dust"

betti
25th February 2007, 20:57
yep caught that also.. it's damn well put together and awesome to look at.
Big kudos to Darren!

Guitana
26th February 2007, 10:24
An Evil looking Machine nice job!!!!!!!!

Drew
26th February 2007, 10:30
It's got nothin on my one mate, but I'm sure it's still a work in progress.

slamdog
29th July 2007, 20:33
Its a bit late but thanx people glad you like my work. the one I am working on now is going to be the best you will see :soon:

deanohit
29th July 2007, 20:40
Seen it at Paeroa as well, awesome looking machine, should rip some shit aye!

Drew
29th July 2007, 21:46
Its a bit late but thanx people glad you like my work. the one I am working on now is going to be the best you will see :soon:

It's very cool man, do you make your own bodywork? I've got a stunt bike being built by a local bike shop, but I'd quite like for it to be made legal and functional as a stunta, so it will need some fancy body work to fashion a tail section.

kiwifruit
29th July 2007, 21:51
wow! thats a piece of art slamdog

BarBender
29th July 2007, 21:57
Yep - that is a sweet looking bike.
Well done on the work put into it.

Mr. Peanut
29th July 2007, 22:05
Kinda makes Buells look a bit shit doesn't it?

Goblin
29th July 2007, 22:10
They're a sexy package. :blip::innocent:

slamdog
29th July 2007, 22:41
It's very cool man, do you make your own bodywork? I've got a stunt bike being built by a local bike shop, but I'd quite like for it to be made legal and functional as a stunta, so it will need some fancy body work to fashion a tail section.

thanx mate.Yes made the body work myself and I am slowly getting into bike building for a hobby. so if you like what I do I will do one offs for people.

slamdog
29th July 2007, 22:44
They're a sexy package. :blip::innocent:

have you seen me ? LOL

Goblin
29th July 2007, 22:46
have you seen me ? LOL
Cold Duck. :yes:

slamdog
29th July 2007, 22:48
Thanx for the nice welcome people . I am happy for all criticism good or bad its all good.

Cheers :niceone:

0arbreaka
29th July 2007, 22:59
Hey mate, its a bloody nice looking bike, whats the deal with the indicators how bright are they?

slamdog
29th July 2007, 23:18
Hey mate, its a bloody nice looking bike, whats the deal with the indicators how bright are they?

thanx Oarbreaka. the indicators are very bright and easy to see as they are right around the top of the forks so they can be seen from all angles, but they are not dot approved, so at wof time I chuck on some that are approved.

CM2005
29th July 2007, 23:28
thats awesome!

Sexy package?

Boob Johnson
30th July 2007, 03:25
FARK!!! Thats sexy!!! Im in the hunt for my new bike after me crash, pointing towards a naked street fighter and that is by far the best ive seen yet :Punk:

Heres another gorgeous piece of work

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1639/hondahornetlb7.jpg

ffs how do I get the image to show as a thumbnail? I use many forums & cant figure this one out. Even when I add blah blah it still doesn't work!

ZeroIndex
30th July 2007, 04:53
Its a bit late but thanx people glad you like my work. the one I am working on now is going to be the best you will see
Wow, didn't know you were part of the KiwiBiker experience... How's those forks coming? I'm gonna go take my horrible beasty into Waikato Yamaha tomorrow and get them to tell me how screwed it really is...

thanx mate.Yes made the body work myself and I am slowly getting into bike building for a hobby. so if you like what I do I will do one offs for people.
When I get my engine fixed I'm gonna get you to have a look at the tail on my FZR and see if there's anything we can do to make it look pretty :p

slamdog
30th July 2007, 08:10
Hey mate, the forks are back and will be put back together this week if I get my ass into gear.
and as for having a look at the back of your bike, I am more than happy to help mate, as you know im up this way a bit so let me know when you need me to have a look.

ZeroIndex
30th July 2007, 08:17
Hey mate, the forks are back and will be put back together this week if I get my ass into gear.
and as for having a look at the back of your bike, I am more than happy to help mate, as you know im up this way a bit so let me know when you need me to have a look.
Awesome dude... when I get closer to the time, I'll send you some pics of the tail end - taking into account I busted up the tail plastic pretty nicely :mellow:

Deviant Esq
30th July 2007, 11:26
ffs how do I get the image to show as a thumbnail? I use many forums & cant figure this one out. Even when I add blah blah it still doesn't work!
Rather than clog up the thread: PM sent. :niceone:

slamdog
8th August 2007, 16:32
FARK!!! Thats sexy!!! Im in the hunt for my new bike after me crash, pointing towards a naked street fighter and that is by far the best ive seen yet :Punk:

Heres another gorgeous piece of work

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1639/hondahornetlb7.jpg

Hey Bob Johnson I see you are in New Plymouth, if you like streetfighters pm me as im more than happy to help or give you some ideas to help :yes:

Boob Johnson
8th August 2007, 16:41
Hey Bob Johnson I see you are in New Plymouth, if you like streetfighters pm me as im more than happy to help or give you some ideas to help :yes:Hey dude, I bought another bike a week ago today so im all sorted for now, cheers heaps for the offer mate :niceone:

In RF900 heaven right now (I know not a street fighter, next time)

Im sure we'll hook up for a chin wag at a bike meet in town sooner or later. There's a group of us goin for a fange tomorrow in fact, 4:30pm Caltex on Eliot street, more the merrier im sure :Punk:

slamdog
8th August 2007, 16:55
Thanx mate, but I will have to take a rain check on that as my bike is in bites at the mo, she should be back together next week as I an going to have a play in the F1 class at Mansfield on the 18th for a laugh.
But if you go for a ride after that let me know and I should be able to tag along.

Qkchk
8th August 2007, 17:12
Just by looking at the swingarm - its a 2004-2006 R1

slamdog
8th August 2007, 17:24
Just by looking at the swingarm - its a 2004-2006 R1

good work, 04 R1 it was, looks a bit different to your R1 if want I can make your one look as cool as my one lol

ZeroIndex
8th August 2007, 17:32
Thanx mate, but I will have to take a rain check on that as my bike is in bites at the mo, she should be back together next week as I an going to have a play in the F1 class at Mansfield on the 18th for a laugh.
But if you go for a ride after that let me know and I should be able to tag along.
tag along...... with the front wheel a metre off the ground *envious*
...i seriously need to find parts for my bike... :(

slamdog
8th August 2007, 17:37
tag along...... with the front wheel a metre off the ground *envious*
...i seriously need to find parts for my bike... :(

so what's the eta on your bike mate?

Boob Johnson
8th August 2007, 17:40
But if you go for a ride after that let me know and I should be able to tag along.Rgr that :niceone:

ZeroIndex
8th August 2007, 22:59
so what's the eta on your bike mate?
Well, I just found out that the 1990 FZR400 (model 3TJ) has the same engine etc as my 87 FZR400 (model 2TK), and they have a 3TJ FZR400 at Bike Busters in Ngaruawahia, so I'm gonna head up there tomorrow and see how much I can get the necessary parts for...

My biggest concern at the moment is how I'm gonna remove the damn flywheel bolt (my one is half-ground off)....

Drew
9th August 2007, 13:53

Yo man, come over and say G'day next weekend at the track. We're in the big garages that lead out to pit straight. Look for the red SV with Gixxer fairings, and Whitetrashes WBP K7 thou.

slamdog
9th August 2007, 20:00
Yo man, come over and say G'day next weekend at the track. We're in the big garages that lead out to pit straight. Look for the red SV with Gixxer fairings, and Whitetrashes WBP K7 thou.

Will do Drew thanx mate, I will be trying to help out Aria and also nick coles team and going out for a play myself so if you c me first shout out mate, im the tall dark handsome one with the polished head lol