PDA

View Full Version : Full license test - any tips

MikeyG
26th February 2007, 08:45
I'm booked in to do my full on Wed 7/3.

I'll go through what the test is on the LTNZ website but if anyone has some tips I'd love to hear them.

Cheers

kickingzebra
26th February 2007, 08:47
When in doubt, do a wheelie ;)
Just stay relaxed, and keep looking around you

placidfemme
26th February 2007, 08:48
If the testing centre your using uses the ear piece... be prepared to hear "TSSSSSSKKKKK *talking* TSSSSSSKKKKKK" in your ear the whole time.

Otherwise just ride safe, stick to about 5kph below the limit of the road your on you should be fine!

Good luck!

Edit: When they do the "observation" part of the test and they ask you to point out the dangers, point out pretty much every car near you including the instructor behind you...

Kinje
26th February 2007, 08:54
Lots of mirror checks, and make big head movement so its obvious thats what your doing.

At stop signs or red lights, put both feet on the ground- heard a few people have failed not doing that.

Try and relax. I did my test about 3 months ago and it seemed like a breeze. Almost same as restricted test but with 2 hazard ID things- 1 at stop sign, 1 at give way...but when you do the test in Masterton, there aren't many moving hazards!

Good luck

Trudes
26th February 2007, 09:16
The obvious really, watch your speed, your position on the road and indicate for everything, make mental notes of small things like children playing on the footpath, blind corners and rises, parked cars etc. Relax, breath and smile (it helps to relax you). If in doubt offer the tester money or drugs before the test.:innocent: You'll be fine, good luck.:sunny:

Smorg
26th February 2007, 09:19
At stop signs or red lights, put both feet on the ground- heard a few people have failed not doing that.

at the practical I had to do for my learners the instructor guy there told me that if you saw someone on a bike put both their feet down at the lights they didnt know what they were doing............

Drum
26th February 2007, 09:39
Indicate properly at roundabouts and dont zip into those small gaps between cars - you need enough room for you and the tester.

Both feet down at Stop signs. If the tester is in a car he may not see a single foot down and assume you didnt come to a full stop.

Stay below the speed limit - dont forget to slow to 30 km/h if passing a stopped school bus.

Regular, exagerated, head checks.

Make sure you are confident with u-turns. Look right over your shoulder before commencing.

And relax, because it is a very easy test.

Hawkeye
26th February 2007, 15:15
When coming up to a right turn where there are median lines, use them. Tester commented on my lack of use when I did my test a couple of weeks ago. Just rode up to the actual filter lane and then pulled over into it.
Tested said he had already moved over and that I held up traffic as I was slowing down ready to move into filter lane.
Still passed me but 'gave me that tip'.

Main thing to remember - RELAX

bert_is_evil
26th February 2007, 15:53
When the tester asks you to do a u-turn make sure you keep both feet on the pegs.

Freakshow
26th February 2007, 15:59
Dont cross any lines even by an inch in corners

jtzzr
26th February 2007, 16:46
Relax dude, and what everyone else said , just be cool:cold: :niceone:

90s
27th February 2007, 09:05
Ask the tester what speed he expects you to ride on the open rd / motorway. My tester in Jan told me that on the test you are now required to ride the 100k limit. This is the opposite of what LTNZ and the AA told me before the test, because I checked.

So before the test clear that up - do you take 70 or 100k as the test limit.

Jimmy B
27th February 2007, 10:15
In order to pass any motorcycle test it is imperative that your tyres are up to optimum temperature.

This can be achieved by laying a mingin patch in the carpark just before you setoff.

Take care to ensure the smoke has cleared sufficiently before you gap it and if you have linked brakes wait until the rear disk has stopped glowing and/or smoking.

Good luck :innocent: