PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Maha Ride (3 March)

Maha
26th February 2007, 12:23
Saturday !!
Dont really care where at this stage but will think on it over the next few days, all i know is, where we will end up....:blip: Theres a good track looping north of Warkworth but if we have go south thats ok too, or west?. Would like a few of the smaller bikes to get into this but anyone is welcome and ride ya own ride. As long as everyone knows where the ride is heading, we should all meet up at point 'B' sooner or later...:yes: And if you can make to point 'A' then thats a good start...:scooter:

yungatart
26th February 2007, 15:32
OOoh, a nana ride.......:sunny:

oops sorry, it says Maha ride...as you were.

crashe
26th February 2007, 15:38
Thats really nice of you to let the smaller bikes and their riders go along with you....

:yes: :scooter:

Mrs Busa Pete
26th February 2007, 15:43
Based on the hanging that you will have after pinkhogs on saturday i guess you won't be taking the new bike.Mr super maha:sick:

Maha
26th February 2007, 15:44
OOoh, a nana ride.......:sunny:

oops sorry, it says Maha ride...as you were.

You are toooooooooo cute for words......:shifty:

Thats really nice of you to let the smaller bikes and their riders go along with you....

:yes: :scooter:

Some will be into it crashe and some wont, up to the individual, i thought it was a cool gesture and it wont be a drama.

Maha
26th February 2007, 15:46
Based on the hanging that you will have after pinkhogs on saturday i guess you won't be taking the new bike.Mr super maha:sick:

Is that this weekend?????....i better check.....:whistle:....No the ride says Saturday...!

crashe
26th February 2007, 15:49
i thought it was a cool gesture

Thats cos you are a cool dude......:yes:

tide
26th February 2007, 16:04
Saturday mmm I'm keen point me to point 'A' :Punk:

nodrog
26th February 2007, 16:18
would put in an appearence, but i dont think i can keep up, plus i will be down the line this weekend, have fun kids.

Donor
26th February 2007, 16:34
Tempting - always nice to show fellow riders how a REAL nana rides...

Maha
26th February 2007, 17:09

Point A is the easy part........will let you know where, when i know where....:mellow:

would put in an appearence, but i dont think i can keep up, plus i will be down the line this weekend, have fun kids.

Whew.....for a moment there is was getting these weird flash's of things being done to my bike while i wasn't looking.....:shit:

Tempting - always nice to show fellow riders how a REAL nana rides...

Way to go Donor....round up the 'B' team mate.....love to see ya...:scooter:

nodrog
26th February 2007, 17:12
Whew.....for a moment there is was getting these weird flash's of things being done to my bike while i wasn't looking.....:shit:

you can look, I'm not shy.

WickedOne
26th February 2007, 17:13
Sounds good, we'll confirm closer to the time!!!

Donor
26th February 2007, 19:21
Way to go Donor....round up the 'B' team mate.....love to see ya...:scooter:

Hell, I might even polish up the L plate...

Now THAT'S stylish...

Maha
26th February 2007, 20:04
Sounds good, we'll confirm closer to the time!!!

Excellent A1 First Class What!!!!.......:yes:

Hell, I might even polish up the L plate...

Now THAT'S stylish...

If you must, you must.....hell i have even seen an 'L' on a ZX10 before today. Just dont 'twang' Rosie beforehand, one of you will have to be awake...:scooter:

Toaster
26th February 2007, 20:09
Maybe I should find an L-plate for the cruiser. Just to take the piss.

Maha
26th February 2007, 20:14
Maybe I should find an L-plate for the cruiser. Just to take the piss.

Should all throw one on.................Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....:shutup:

Those that wear one.....wear it with pride..........God im so PC.......:yes:

placidfemme
27th February 2007, 07:42
Sounds like fun :) I'll confirm possibly on Friday

Babelfish
27th February 2007, 08:08
I'll be up for a ride on sat...will await point A instructions

Maha
27th February 2007, 13:49

I'll be up for a ride on sat...will await point A instructions

Im thinking South head (shelly beach) might be an idea, then head north for a bit and cross at Woodcocks rd . In which case, Point 'A' will be at Oteha Valley road servo (the one you can see from the M/Way) the Yellow one!
9.30am SATURDAY.....:yes:

Pumba
27th February 2007, 14:22
I might be keen, will wait and see closer to the time

Mom
27th February 2007, 16:14
:doh: :no: <_< :crybaby: :weep:

Bitty now?

ArcherWC
27th February 2007, 20:40
Im thinking South head (shelly beach) might be an idea, then head north for a bit and cross at Woodcocks rd . In which case, Point 'A' will be at Oteha Valley road servo (the one you can see from the M/Way) the Yellow one!
isnt it a Mobil just off the motorway there ?????

Maha
27th February 2007, 20:44
isnt it a Mobil just off the motorway there ?????

Could be...........Oteha off ramp heading south, turn left, i think you are right, it has petrol and coffee......good enough for me....:yes:

busaman
27th February 2007, 21:18
If you don't mind a newbie on the ride I'd be keen on joining you all. Do you get many 2 up riders?

Mom
27th February 2007, 21:42
If you don't mind a newbie on the ride I'd be keen on joining you all. Do you get many 2 up riders?

There could be a few, I pillion behind Maha man, WickedOne and two may come along two up, I hope! Busa Pete and Mrs Busa Pete? I am sure there could be others, come along be good to meet you

Kittyhawk
27th February 2007, 23:27
Well I was planning on cleaning my bike on Sat but ......meh riding is alot more fun!!

Better dress the new bike up with an L plate and wear my special safety vest! Then ride like a nana:dodge:

MadDuck
28th February 2007, 07:16
Would love to potter along with you Mahas but I am kinda bikeless at the moment...well I have my bike but its not really going anywhere.

Will catch yous next time for sure :scooter:

busaman
28th February 2007, 07:28
There could be a few, I pillion behind Maha man, WickedOne and two may come along two up, I hope! Busa Pete and Mrs Busa Pete? I am sure there could be others, come along be good to meet you

Excellent, looking forward to it. See you all on Saturday morning.

ArcherWC
28th February 2007, 07:42
Then ride like a nana:dodge:

Normal day out on the bike for you then :dodge:

pinkhoggirl
28th February 2007, 08:45
You know I'd LOVE to come (speaking of Nana's)...but I'll be party proofing my house...where I'm presuming you will all end up....:rockon: Have a good one folks - see ya Saturday pm...:banana:

paveho
28th February 2007, 11:55
Would've enjoyed a nice ride on Saturday, but I have to spend the weekend at work.:angry: :angry: Have a great time eveyone.:scooter: Ride safe

Maha
28th February 2007, 12:23
You know I'd LOVE to come (speaking of Nana's)...but I'll be party proofing my house...where I'm presuming you will all end up....:rockon: Have a good one folks - see ya Saturday pm...:banana:

Certainly will, have booked a horizontal comfort zone just along from yours.....:zzzz:

Kornholio
28th February 2007, 12:27
Wont be able to make that ride man, actually may not be able to make it up Sat nit either as I forgot the Superbikes are on at Philip Island on Sunday and I have a lil shindig at my place for that... Must summon Superman skills and stamina....will let ya know mate :)

Maverick
28th February 2007, 12:35
Might be keen to come and join you guys if welcome :)

Mav :cool:

Maha
28th February 2007, 12:57
Wont be able to make that ride man, actually may not be able to make it up Sat nit either as I forgot the Superbikes are on at Philip Island on Sunday and I have a lil shindig at my place for that... Must summon Superman skills and stamina....will let ya know mate :)

You can do it Korny....although, in saying that, stamina is something you earn, it is not inbred....:dodge:

Might be keen to come and join you guys if welcome :)

Sure thing Mav, was kinda hoping that Donor fulla would show up also, but yeah by all means you will be welcome...:yes:

oldguy
28th February 2007, 19:23
Sorry Mark, can't make this one, F**kin whanau, have a whanau meeting that day, worse thing is, it is up in Oakura Bay and I love riding the old Russell Road, Ive got passengers so have to take the Pajero.
Have a good one and hope to catch up with yah soon.

cheers John

Kittyhawk
1st March 2007, 14:53
Normal day out on the bike for you then :dodge:

I have one thing to say to you......Grrrrh!! We'll see who can nana it
:innocent:

fjones
1st March 2007, 19:57
we'd be interested in tagging along, but are pretty new and slow.

Grahameeboy
1st March 2007, 20:04
Saturday's always out for me Maha...............ah well............:bye:

Maha
1st March 2007, 20:21
we'd be interested in tagging along, but are pretty new and slow.

This is a ride for anyone who wants to come, GN's..Busas's..Gixxers..dosent matter, like i said earlier in the post, ride ya own ride, i will keep an eye on any slower people, it aint a prob really, as long as you know where the next stop point is it all good....:yes:

Saturday's always out for me Maha...............ah well............:bye:

I know GB, was originally on the Sunday but someone pointed out that i had a party to go to on Saturday night, so i changed it...will make the next one a sunday just for you, you better be free....:yes:

Babelfish
2nd March 2007, 10:08
Crap and shit bollocks, my bro's missus just popped a sprog and the folks turned up on the doorstep so there's my sat ride blown....you guys have a goody and I'll aim to drag my arse out on the next one....

Maverick
2nd March 2007, 10:17
It looks at this point like I wont be able to attend on Saturday Im afraid, might be able to get out for a ride on sunday though.

Ixion
2nd March 2007, 10:38
Are there any chooks around those parts ?

pinkhoggirl
2nd March 2007, 10:38
Certainly will, have booked a horizontal comfort zone just along from yours.....:zzzz:

Yup - down the road in the "vomit zone"....:sick: :killingme

fjones
2nd March 2007, 12:48
So how many reeel new riders are planning on going? Don't want to be the only two that are scared of all things two wheeled! :gob:

Maha
2nd March 2007, 15:11
So how many reeel new riders are planning on going? Don't want to be the only two that are scared of all things two wheeled! :gob:

Not sure, no reeeeeeel new riders, you dont have to do the whole ride, if you want to peel off at any stage then that fine, as long as i know your intentions.

fjones
2nd March 2007, 15:41
Got the PM from Mav, we'll do his ride on Sunday, then hopefully be a bit more ready for the next time. Thanks for putting him on to me or I may have missed it.

Pumba
2nd March 2007, 15:48

Far to early for me on a saturday morning, have fun guys and gals. I believe there is a ride heading south at a more sociable time of 11am, thats more me

Toaster
2nd March 2007, 15:56
Well I was planning on cleaning my bike on Sat but ......meh riding is alot more fun!!

Better dress the new bike up with an L plate and wear my special safety vest! Then ride like a nana:dodge:

Yeah I was thinking several L-plates and a glow-vest was in order on the cruiser. Maybe some flags and tassles too.

Donor
2nd March 2007, 17:48
Alas - I'm not going to make it.

Mrs D has decreed I can only ride once this weekend, so I'm going to knock all my domestic chores out of the way on Saturday and hang with the two fiddys Sunday.

Next time, I'll learn you all some proper South Auckland Nana'ing!

Toaster
2nd March 2007, 18:21
I'll turn up for a ride and coffee, or coffee and ride, or coffee while I ride... whatever, as long as I don't get in too late from a "night oot".

white belt
2nd March 2007, 20:24
Sounds good - Count me in.

(Maybe have to return early as need to get home before 1pm)

Look forward to meeting some new faces.

cuppa
2nd March 2007, 20:33
Hell pete do you think you could ride something that shinny.

Kittyhawk
2nd March 2007, 21:42
Ok found something which is better than the safety vest, and leg warmers....and its feminine :shutup:

For those new riders, you wont forget who I am :innocent:

Maha
2nd March 2007, 22:14
I'll turn up for a ride and coffee, or coffee and ride, or coffee while I ride... whatever, as long as I don't get in too late from a "night oot".

Sounds good - Count me in.

(Maybe have to return early as need to get home before 1pm)

Look forward to meeting some new faces.

[B]All good....see ya there, be great to meet ya...seems to be a few Females turning up....

Ok found something which is better than the safety vest, and leg warmers....and its feminine :shutup:

For those new riders, you wont forget who I am :innocent:

What can i say!....only, better trade up for Blue one's now....:Punk:

Maha
2nd March 2007, 22:29
Alas - I'm not going to make it.

Mrs D has decreed I can only ride once this weekend, so I'm going to knock all my domestic chores out of the way on Saturday and hang with the two fiddys Sunday.

Next time, I'll learn you all some proper South Auckland Nana'ing!

Ok, so now we all know who wears the pants in your house......:dodge:

Donor
2nd March 2007, 23:12
Ok, so now we all know who wears the pants in your house......:dodge:

Hey, I wear pants too... Depends are a type of pants aren't they?

Toaster
3rd March 2007, 07:21
[BWe just got home from Eden Park....and we will be there some come on Toaster show us your shiny play thing....:yes: [/B]

Well, should be at least two M109R riders turning up, possibly 3 if the other guy can make it in time.... some bollocks about having to work Sat a.m. blah blah etc etc. Weak excuse really. Bring on the fine riding weather!!

Toaster
3rd March 2007, 12:55
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Saturday ...:scooter:

Maha Man, thanks for organising a great ride out South Head today. I had to nip off at KKK to head off for a family birthday thingy. Hope the rest of the ride through Warkworth and Puhoi was enjoyable.

Good to meet you all. Great to see Kevin and Aro on their cruisers as well. We'll have to do that one again.
Cheers,
Toaster (Cam).

Maha
3rd March 2007, 15:07
Fecken' awesome day....weather was too much....here some pic's
Pic 1--- Archers spunky Busa....:Punk:
Pic 2--- chit chat before we head off...:scooter:
Pic 3--- Some of the 12 that turned up...:love:

WickedOne
3rd March 2007, 15:10
Hey guys, wish I (we) could have joined you for the ride but rear tyre is almost farked and need to save some $$$ (and rubber).

Maha
3rd March 2007, 15:14
Pic 1--- Toasters M109 thingy....nice mate....:yes:
Pic 2--- What can i say really, MadDucks 'New' ride for the day....a Fixxer no less :second:
Pic 3--- Shelly beach.....
Pic 4--- Shelly beach...What a lovely Triumph!

Maha
3rd March 2007, 15:23
Pic 1---Eating stuff.......nice spot
Pic 2--- Kitty Sparrows new apparel.....:dodge:
Pic 3--- Indian at PUHOI
Pic 4--- another indian at PUHOI

silverado
3rd March 2007, 15:33
Thanks Maha Man. It was a good day's ride. I got lost on the way to Puhoi. Found about 6 km of gravel road and came out at Waiwera. By the time I got to the pub no one was there.

I'm not complaining though. Just got home cause I took the long way.

Maha
3rd March 2007, 15:37
We waited for you at Woodcocks/SH 16 coner for about 15 mins, figuered you had shot off somewhere else?....weren't ment to come out at Waiwera but there ya go...so you went off road?...

silverado
3rd March 2007, 15:49
Sportbike and gravel road don't go together. One day I'll be able to keep up. It's my new misson.

Mom
3rd March 2007, 15:57
What a fantastic day for a ride! Sorry you got lost on the way back Silverado, great to meet some new faces today and catch up with a few we have not seen for a bit......:sunny:

Mrs Busa Pete
3rd March 2007, 17:19
Thanks Maha Man. It was a good day's ride. I got lost on the way to Puhoi. Found about 6 km of gravel road and came out at Waiwera. By the time I got to the pub no one was there.

I'm not complaining though. Just got home cause I took the long way.

Are you related to disco or is this discos new sign on.:killingme :killingme :killingme

crashe
3rd March 2007, 17:26
Cheers MahaMan and Mom for organising the ride....... and giving everyone a wonderful welcome....

I have ridden up to the end of South Head road before, but never been to Shelly Beach..... Nice view from the seats at the front of the shop, as it was shaded from the sun (cant sit in the sun no more).... Looking out to the wharf and the water......and watching some folks swimming by the boats. Nice and peaceful.

ldnz
3rd March 2007, 18:07
Thanks for the ride guys and gals! Had a great run, and good to travel some new roads.

paturoa
3rd March 2007, 18:25
Cheers MahaMan and Mom for organising the ride....... and giving everyone a wonderful welcome....

I have ridden up to the end of South Head road before, but never been to Shelly Beach..... Nice view from the seats at the front of the shop, as it was shaded from the sun (cant sit in the sun no more).... Looking out to the wharf and the water......and watching some folks swimming by the boats. Nice and peaceful.

You can camp there too. There are powered sites, no kitchen or showers just those stinky toilets.

white belt
3rd March 2007, 20:12
Great ride, thanks for organising it. It was a lovely ride to Shelly Beach, will have to do that one again. Great timing with the full tide!

Sorry that I missed final run to the pub, but enjoyed the trip up to Warkworth.

It was nice to part of a smaller, balanced ride and not a race - Great fun

Thanks

busaman
3rd March 2007, 21:48
Cheers Maha man, had an awsome day. Nice to ride in a group with other two up riders.

aro
4th March 2007, 08:40
thank you gays,good to see you all lookforwd to catch soon.

Maha
4th March 2007, 12:23
Thanks for the ride guys and gals! Had a great run, and good to travel some new roads.

And a killer night that followed.....

Great ride, thanks for organising it. It was a lovely ride to Shelly Beach, will have to do that one again. Great timing with the full tide!

Sorry that I missed final run to the pub, but enjoyed the trip up to Warkworth.

It was nice to part of a smaller, balanced ride and not a race - Great fun

Thanks

Thank you and glad you enjoyed it, you will love the Brynderwyn Bypasss ride that we do also, look out for it

Cheers Maha man, had an awsome day. Nice to ride in a group with other two up riders.

As above, when you see the Bypass ride, come along to that, there are some killer roads

thank you gays,

And um?...who you calling Gays aro?.....:dodge:

Toaster
4th March 2007, 15:12
Hey guys and gals, great to see the Pic's posted, I completely forgot to bring a camera, so appreciate seeing the pics.

Definitely keen to ride that pace again. Nice and relaxed on such a hot day with great company (I don't mean me humming songs to myself in my helmet either).

Nice 'signature' on ya butt Kittyhawk, good to see that new bike of yours too :)

Kittyhawk
4th March 2007, 16:45
Will post pics up in the next few days....Still recovering from last night :sick:

Thanks for organising the ride...lots of fun!!!

MadDuck
5th March 2007, 07:57
Great day thanks Mr Maha and Mom. Well you did say ALL size bikes welcome so I thought I would see if you meant it.

Have to say I had a ball on that lil boike thats for sure :scooter:

slikchik
5th March 2007, 14:43
I had a great time, managed to survive being the passenger of the mad busaman! I only wish that someone invented leather with inbuilt airconditioning, I normally freeze so its a bit embarrasing to be the only one taking out my jacket liner on a hot day!

Maha
5th March 2007, 15:28
Great day thanks Mr Maha and Mom. Well you did say ALL size bikes welcome so I thought I would see if you meant it.

Have to say I had a ball on that lil boike thats for sure :scooter:

Who needs a Gixxer when ya got a Fixxer.....:shutup:

I had a great time, managed to survive being the passenger of the mad busaman! I only wish that someone invented leather with inbuilt airconditioning, I normally freeze so its a bit embarrasing to be the only one taking out my jacket liner on a hot day!

I gotta say those Busa's look fantastic, sat on M1CRO's later that night (busa that is) they feel good also. On the heat thing?... it was the first time ever that i struggled getting out of the leathers when we got home....

ldnz
5th March 2007, 15:31
Who needs a Gixxer when ya got a Fixxer.....:shutup:

Haha and after watching kitty's performance I fully agree! :dodge:

Maha
5th March 2007, 15:33
Haha and after watching kitty's performance I fully agree! :dodge:

I'd duck also if i were you....how is the ole' Sparrow anyway? heard she was a bit :sick: yesterday.....:yes:

ldnz
5th March 2007, 15:35
I wouldn't have a clue. She left looking pretty bad I think.

ArcherWC
5th March 2007, 15:36
[ sat on M1CRO's later that night ...

no comment :shutup: :shutup:

Maha
5th March 2007, 15:41
no comment :shutup: :shutup:

I did try to clarify that, but it seems that didnt work....still, i enjoyed it....:love:
PS: seriously tho', you have a damn nice unit there Brian...

Mrs Busa Pete
5th March 2007, 15:55
PS: seriously tho', you have a damn nice unit there Brian...

Since when did Racheal become a unit i thought that was someone else:whistle: :whistle: Mind you good compliment though.

Mom
5th March 2007, 16:28
Someone at work today made a comment about how hot it was on Saturday, he really had no idea, I am sure I nearly melted between waiting the end of Woodcocks in full gear and the watering hole at Puhoi. No complaints tho, much prefer the too hot, to the numb toes and really sore fingers on some winter rides we have done. :yes: Better prod Maha man into organising another ride, some mean person also told me winter is coming today too! :shit:

ArcherWC
5th March 2007, 20:16
Since when did Racheal become a unit i thought that was someone else:whistle: :whistle: Mind you good compliment though.

Shes a good ride though :innocent: :yes:

busaman
5th March 2007, 21:15
Better prod Maha man into organising another ride, some mean person also told me winter is coming today too! :shit:
I'd be keen on another ride with you guys before the cold weather hits. Just need to survive a trip to Taupo with ArcherWC and his mates.