PDA

View Full Version : Who is the idiot?

cheetor
12th August 2004, 20:03
Who is the idiot I saw today on columbo ST who got money out of a ATM then hopped on his 2004 GSX250 (In electric blue) and took off, Wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and no helmet??

WHAT THE FUCK was he thinking?

Zed
12th August 2004, 22:03
Who is the idiot I saw today on columbo ST who got money out of a ATM then hopped on his 2004 GSX250 (In electric blue) and took off, Wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and no helmet??

WHAT THE FUCK was he thinking?Sounds like an idiot alright, but would you have even mentioned it if he wasn't riding an '04 GSX250? I suppose because he was riding "your" motorcycle you took more offense. :sick:

You should have given him a piece of your mind at the time...or did you?

Zed

Antallica
12th August 2004, 22:15
Was he american? ;)

Seriously though, thats one stupid mofo.

Motoracer
12th August 2004, 22:30
Zed is right. You should tell him what's what cause as newbies, some are just not awear of the risks and if no one says anything, they'll just continue like that until they learn it the hard way.

When I was 15 I had just got my lovely SRX250. After swimming practice I couldn't be bothered changing so I used to wear my swim shorts and ride home with sandals, no gloves and just a hoodie but with the helmet to make it legal of course!

Pretty scarry huh? Luckily I had an older bro who was looking out for me who set my right! :eyepoke:

Mongoose
12th August 2004, 22:32
Yes Sir, it makes you positively shudder when you see some one being "Cool" and riding with T-shirt, shorts and jandles on. Man that presents some flesh for the tarmac to grab at in a spill. The there will be plenty of :crybaby:

RiderInBlack
15th August 2004, 11:46
Yep, you don't know how important your skin is until you lose it (+ some muscle and bone if you're really lucky) :cry: Don't be a mobile skin graft on your bike:doh: wear protection (some thing better than a condom OK:msn-wink: ):2thumbsup

Ms Piggy
15th August 2004, 11:51

Possibly..."Nah it's all good I'm just going down to the ATM" or "I'm a good rider I never fall off so I'll be ok" or "Man this was a bad idea", the latter would be after he ends up in A&E with a nurse picking stone chips out of his arms & legs cos he's binned off. :blah:

KATWYN
15th August 2004, 12:27

Would you have given it a second thought if you hadnt have had a bad
crash recently and experienced the value of riding gear?

KATWYN
15th August 2004, 12:32
Yes Sir, it makes you positively shudder when you see some one being "Cool" and riding with T-shirt, shorts and jandles on. :

Yea and no skin and bone at an accident scene doesnt look cool at all.

Storm
15th August 2004, 12:35
I havent thrown it awayt on tarmac as yet, but I have thrown it away on the dirt many times, and it only took sliding 25 meters on the side of my helmet with the gravel flashing past my eyes about and inch and a half to convince me to always wear a helmet- even if it is just up the road and around the corner

Two Smoker
15th August 2004, 13:31
Well after coming off 3 times in the past 8 months i wouldnt wear anything else other than FULL protection..... Ive come off at 60kmh which resulted in virtually no damage to my leathers and also come off at 140kmh which resulted in some damage to my leathers which has been repaired........And from all those crashed not ANY damage to me.....(touch wood)