PDA

View Full Version : Help for dumbies Part1

NotaGoth
26th February 2007, 19:24
Ok... Idiot question.....

My fuel taps stuck... And stuck hard... Well was... Still kind of is...

When I park my bike up I've been turning the fuel off... Haven't ridden my bike in a little while as I've been so busy working... Went to turn the fuel on and couldn't manage to turn it at all... Wouldn't even budge.....

I sprayed a little bit of CRC on it to see if I could get it to move.... (sorry if thats the wrong thing to do) It will now move from off to on... But its still really difficult... I can barely get it to turn up to reserve... Mums even tried and still reckons it seems to be to tight...

Are they meant to be really really hard to turn..? Mums one on her bike isn't.... And if not is there anything else I should do/try..?

paturoa
26th February 2007, 19:35
It shouldn't be hard to turn.

I'm not familiar with RG petcocks, some can be taken apart some can't. Have a look for an online manual in the on line manual thread.

JimO
26th February 2007, 20:56
[QUOTE=paturoa;953454]It shouldn't be hard to turn.

I'm not familiar with pet cocks, some can be taken some can't.

pet cock eh! what will they think of next

NotaGoth
27th February 2007, 06:14
It shouldn't be hard to turn.

I'm not familiar with RG petcocks, some can be taken apart some can't. Have a look for an online manual in the on line manual thread.

Will take a look... Mums got a bike book here explaining how some of those bits are put together....

Depending.. It could be dirty or the o-ring could be damaged... Just gotta find out if its set up in that same way.... Will take a look when I get home from work tonight...

Thanks..

What?
1st March 2007, 06:16
It may even be corroded inside. If it is, and assuming it is pullapartable, put some tooth paste in it, put together loosely, then turn the tap back and forth until you get tired. Now give it a good clean with hot water, dry it and re-assemble. The petcock should not need lubing - the petrol will do that.

Unforgiven
11th March 2007, 21:42
Fixed it yet?
Can you post a pic of the tap? I think I have a spare one that will fit it.