PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about this? (Biker down 22 Feb)

placidfemme
27th February 2007, 12:18
A work mate of mine were talking about the dangers of biking (me binning my bike on the way to work 3-odd weeks ago and then last weekend my boss binning his bike and crushing his knee) and she was telling me this morning about a bike accident she witnessed on Thurs 22nd Feb between 6pm & 7pm on the Northern Motorway just before Lincoln Rd.

She said the guy was riding a "not flash" bike. (whatever that means to a non-biker), She said it looked kind of like a dirt bike but it wasn't (so could have been a road legal dirt bike, motard or non-fairing tourer type bike I'm assuming).

She said the guy on the bike was lanesplitting at a fast speed (again by the definintion of a non-biker... so could be anywhere between 40kph and 70kph), infront of her was a guy in a Merc and he went to change lanes (and he wasn't indicating) and pulled out infront of the biker splitting up the lanes, the biker then apparantly tried to avoid hitting the Merc and only just managed to get passed the Merc before hitting into the back of a 4x4. The Merc driver continued and didn't stop to see if the biker was ok. My workmate got his plate number (not that he is in the wrong legally...) and the biker was apparantly thrown off his bike and slid across the lane (insert drama's here), he got up limping and looking like he was in some amount of pain, pushed his bike off the motorway and thats about it...

Anyone know who this guy is and if he's ok?

sunhuntin
27th February 2007, 12:20
dunno anything about it, but i dont think he would have been in too much pain if he was able to push the bike to the side of [what im guessing] a crowded motorway.
i know when i came off, i couldnt even lift my top box, never mind the bike!

placidfemme
27th February 2007, 12:22
dunno anything about it, but i dont think he would have been in too much pain if he was able to push the bike to the side of [what im guessing] a crowded motorway.
i know when i came off, i couldnt even lift my top box, never mind the bike!

Ehh... strange things happen when your in shock...

Jimmy B
27th February 2007, 12:22
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=953163#post953163

This Dude :sick:

placidfemme
27th February 2007, 12:25
ahhh... but he rides a ZXR... she better not think my bike is "non-flash"

*mutters*

sunhuntin
27th February 2007, 12:29
Ehh... strange things happen when your in shock...

true...first thing i did was get up and take my helmet off. lol. i should have stayed where i was. only reason i wanted the box was cos my celly was in there. i knew id have to leave everything where it was. lol. amazing how much a very battered body can put up with when it comes to survival.

tide
27th February 2007, 12:29

*mutters*

Nope he has been riding a crappy old honda...

Jimmy B
27th February 2007, 12:30

*mutters*

ZXRs rock mate so no worries. From the sounds of it, whatever SM rides it doesnt stay flash for long

crashe
27th February 2007, 12:34
Skidmark had his accident last Thursday ........

He hoons on the motorways..............

so it could have been him

He was riding a 'borrowed' older blue Honda........has spokes etc.
It kinda looks like a GN250......

He has sold off all his past bikes...... and got himself a mini that he crashed.
On his profile he says he has a Suzuki GSXR100 Bucket Racer bike...

He is apparently hobbling around on crutches with a broken ankle.....

He hasn't posted up pic's yet........ like he usually does....... of the damage to him and the bike.

placidfemme
27th February 2007, 12:38
Nope he has been riding a crappy old honda...

phew...

Its a small world isn't it... just told my co-worker I may know who the guy was and she said "skinny and tall?" Dunno if that suits his description either, but she did say he looked like a younger guy

crashe
27th February 2007, 12:44
phew...

Its a small world isn't it... just told my co-worker I may know who the guy was and she said "skinny and tall?" Dunno if that suits his description either, but she did say he looked like a younger guy

Thats him......... he is 19years old.

Check out his signature...... he has a "My space" and there is a picture of him on that.....
http://www.myspace.com/markauckland

Markauckland is also Skidmark.

placidfemme
27th February 2007, 12:54
Markauckland is also Skidmark.

damn I'm slow... :shutup:

Hahaha... what a cock.

A few of us have seen Marks definition of splitting, and it was an accident waiting to happen.

crashe
27th February 2007, 12:58
damn I'm slow... :shutup:

Funny thing is....... according to his story in a post somewhere on KB.....
he got taken out by a white van.......... as he went into the back of it.

He is known to stretch his story a tad........

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=951458#post951458
post 75

and

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=953176#post953176
post 95

placidfemme
27th February 2007, 13:07
Funny thing is....... according to his story in a post somewhere on KB.....
he got taken out by a white van.......... as he went into the back of it.

He is known to stretch his story a tad........

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=951458#post951458
post 75

and

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=953176#post953176
post 95

Quote from Post95 as above:

nope camera got smashed in accident so it didn't save that vid (seriously no bullshit) (ask disco dan)

was in fast lane on the motorway somebody in middle lane thought there was a gap ...hit me into the back of a van... then the car that hit me sped off, ddnt get rego.

My co-worker is at lunch, but I'll confirm if it was a van or a 4x4. According to her the Merc that changed (or tried to) lanes didn't impact with the bike, the biker swerved to miss the Merc and in effect ran into the back of the van/4x4.

As for not getting the rego, my co-worker got the rego and her sister got out the car and gave it to him as well as the lady who was driving the van/4x4 and another witness that stopped to see if the rider was ok...

my... how the truth does come out

Disco Dan
27th February 2007, 13:15
:gob:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ManDownUnder
27th February 2007, 13:17
Hahaha... what a cock.

A few of us have seen Marks definition of splitting, and it was an accident waiting to happen.

no - is... not was....

Jimmy B
27th February 2007, 13:18

Confucious:

Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth.

crashe
27th February 2007, 13:19

My co-worker is at lunch, but I'll confirm if it was a van or a 4x4. According to her the Merc that changed (or tried to) lanes didn't impact with the bike, the biker swerved to miss the Merc and in effect ran into the back of the van/4x4.

As for not getting the rego, my co-worker got the rego and her sister got out the car and gave it to him as well as the lady who was driving the van/4x4 and another witness that stopped to see if the rider was ok...

Oh then if he ran into the back of the vehicle..... then he is at fault......
and has to pay up to fix the vehicle....... as well as the bike.

Were any cops called to the scene of this accident?

ManDownUnder
27th February 2007, 13:20
hold up - enough "beat the shit out of Mark".

This is starting to look like the usual KB pick on someone, judge jury and executioner run away train, and in Mark's absence I think the least we could do is keep it to one thread...

I believe PF has her answer - can we call it a day here?

Joni
27th February 2007, 13:22
I agree MDU, I see the KB lynch mob is active and thriving again today...

N4CR
27th February 2007, 13:25
i agree mdu, i see the kb lunch mob is active and thriving again today...

yeah lets go bash that darkie justsomeg4y too, he's a **** as$ baby killing rider eh? gah it amuses me how fired up and lynchy people get on this site sometimes...

placidfemme
27th February 2007, 14:25
Well anyway... I'm not bashing anyone so I can continue...

Just spoke to my co-worker again... was deffinatley a 4x4 not a van. Also there was deffinatley no impact at all between the biker and the Merc (car changing lanes). Also according to my co-worker the biker was not in his own lane, he was skipping the que and splitting at a decent enough speed to make my co-worker jump in her seat as he went passed her window.

As the Merc's right side wheels passed over the cats eyes (or whatever those bumps are called) he braked because he only then saw the biker and stopped to avoid hitting the biker, the biker then swerved around the Merc, made no attempt to brake at all and hit the 4x4, then bounced off and possibly could have hit a second car before coming off the bike. The biker then jumped up and pushed his bike off the motorway, the 4x4 driver pulled over too as did the second car (possible second collision), along with a man in a ute that also got the Merc's rego #.

If it was Mark then he's lucky he got away with just a broken ankle.

no - is... not was....

Oh getting picky eh ;)

Well technically... it should be was, being the accident has happened, so saying his splitting is and accident waiting to happen implies that it has not already caused an accident, which is has.

I agree MDU, I see the KB lynch mob is active and thriving again today...

Having seen mark ride and spoken with him on several occasions I believe a heathly dose of "I told ya so" may well be in order. You ever spoken to him or watched him ride?

ManDownUnder
27th February 2007, 14:53
Having seen mark ride and spoken with him on several occasions I believe a heathly dose of "I told ya so" may well be in order. You ever spoken to him or watched him ride?

Yes, Yes and Yes. I believe the I told ya so thread is running in parallel to this one.

Joni
27th February 2007, 14:55
No I have not, however this "I told you so" has been going on for months... so I think we have all got the message, even if we have never seen him ride. At the end of the day its his decision to take the advice or not...

However that is not my point - its way off and not called for. Keep the personal attacks for a more appropriate time. (i.e off KB)

Im locking this thread and will move the crap to pd later when I have time. PF got her answer.