PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Tuesday-night wheelie practice ride.

Drew
27th February 2007, 14:56
Ok, since it would be illegal to do these things on a public road, those that are keen, can text Flame, or myself, or send me a PM, and we'll give you directions to our secret private location.

Sparky Bills
27th February 2007, 15:01
Are these going to be a regular thing?

Would be more than keen once the new toy arrives:innocent:

flame
27th February 2007, 15:45
Are these going to be a regular thing?

Would be more than keen once the new toy arrives:innocent:

yip.....we been doing it for the last 3 weeks :yes: although last week :Police: .....someone always has to spoil the fun eh.

ajturbo
27th February 2007, 16:39
well.... when MY bolty turns up (hopefully in one piece).. i may pop around...

Sparky Bills
27th February 2007, 16:44
Cool!
Well im in! later this month that is.

Lissa
27th February 2007, 16:48
Oh yay I'm in... but I want Flame to teach me the right way, sorry Fizzerman but I want to learn from the best!! :rockon: LOL

P/T: Dont really think GN's can wheelie :innocent:

alexthekidd
27th February 2007, 18:27

Seen my friend tom do it with a fair amount of ease, so can be done!:rockon:

Drew
27th February 2007, 19:04

What!!!??? My avatar was me doin it on MikeyG's GN, it can be done!!

cowboyz
27th February 2007, 19:15
would love to get together with some of you guyz and show me how to get the 9 up on one consistantly. I was coming home last night and trying to power it up and it just wasn't happening. So I gave up and went for a fang the long way round and all of a sudden I didn't have any problem launching the front. Felt great and was getting some distance with some strong power wheelies. Then this morning I cant wheelie at all. Very inconsistant.

Kendog
27th February 2007, 21:08
Ok, since it would be illegal to do these things on a public road, those that are keen, can text Flame, or myself, or send me a PM, and we'll give you directions to our secret private location.

If you want a camera man for one of your sessions let me know.

Drew
28th February 2007, 08:11
That'd be cool bro, cheers. Just PM me next Tuesday if you're available, and I'll tell you where and when.

would love to get together with some of you guyz and show me how to get the 9 up on one consistantly. I was coming home last night and trying to power it up and it just wasn't happening. So I gave up and went for a fang the long way round and all of a sudden I didn't have any problem launching the front. Felt great and was getting some distance with some strong power wheelies. Then this morning I cant wheelie at all. Very inconsistant.
This is a real common complaint dude, the reasons can be varied, but usually, when you're just starting out, it's hard to remember exactly what it is you're doin when a good one happens.
I can give a few tips, on what normally works well, so that you have some conscious thoughts to apply, rather than hit and miss approach. If you're not keen on that though, the hit and miss approach will eventually work, because you get used to things, and learn what the bike wants.

MikeyG
28th February 2007, 15:40

Your not one of those photographers with the camera in the back of a van who send the photo and a really big bill out are you?

cowboyz
28th February 2007, 16:04
This is a real common complaint dude, the reasons can be varied, but usually, when you're just starting out, it's hard to remember exactly what it is you're doin when a good one happens.
I can give a few tips, on what normally works well, so that you have some conscious thoughts to apply, rather than hit and miss approach. If you're not keen on that though, the hit and miss approach will eventually work, because you get used to things, and learn what the bike wants.

sweet. I will have to get done there one of these days for a lesson. Got any tips in the meantime? I have read the stickies in the stunt forum but still hit and miss.

slopster
28th February 2007, 16:17

Seems to make a huge difference whether you've got a full tank of gas or not. Thats 10kg+ on the front end.

Sparky Bills
28th February 2007, 16:42
Its all about being smooth!
Your not going to be able to get to balance point straight away, so dont try.
Start small, get used to the front coming up, practise bringing it up and PUTTING IT DOWN JUST AS SMOOTH!

As you gain confidence, go higher and higher.
It takes time, theres no rush though.

Or......:innocent:
Gear the fucker down and watch that front fly! haha

Kendog
28th February 2007, 19:11
Your not one of those photographers with the camera in the back of a van who send the photo and a really big bill out are you?

I don't have a van, but I am more than happy to send photos with a big bill if you want to pay :innocent:

Ronin
28th February 2007, 19:12
I don't have a van, but I am more than happy to send photos with a big bill if you want to pay :innocent:

To help pay for the Viper?

Drew
28th February 2007, 19:17
Seems to make a huge difference whether you've got a full tank of gas or not. Thats 10kg+ on the front end.

MYTH!!!!!

To start with, we're talkin about a ZX9 here, plenty'o'balls!

But the other thing is, the fuel tank is higher than the rear axle, so when you gas it, that weight is doing just as much to help lift, as it is to hold it down.

To put it another way, when you do a wheelie, the basic princaple is that the bike cant accelerate as fast as the wheel can, so said wheel, tries to overtake the bike, by going underneeth. The extra gas puts more weight, (drag) above that wheel, making it a more substantial lump to accelerate.

Kendog
28th February 2007, 19:23
To help pay for the Viper?

That would need to be a lot of photos.

jimbo600
28th February 2007, 19:50
MYTH!!!!!

But the other thing is, the fuel tank is higher than the rear axle, so when you gas it, that weight is doing just as much to help lift, as it is to hold it down.

To put it another way, when you do a wheelie, the basic princaple is that the bike cant accelerate as fast as the wheel can, so said wheel, tries to overtake the bike, by going underneeth. The extra gas puts more weight, (drag) above that wheel, making it a more substantial lump to accelerate.

Not exactly true bro. The extra drag caused by the weight of the gas marginally slows acceleration and saps power. There is also a coefficient of lift that is also affected by the weight of the gas. The fuel is above CoG and therefore requires force to lift it. Force taken from the engine. Plus as we are all aware gravitational lensing has an inversely proportional mandate on a constant positive parameter.

skelstar
28th February 2007, 20:01
Not exactly true bro....
I think you'll lose Fizboy at about here ^^^

cowpoos
28th February 2007, 20:20
Not exactly true bro. The extra drag caused by the weight of the gas marginally slows acceleration and saps power. There is also a coefficient of lift that is also affected by the weight of the gas. The fuel is above CoG and therefore requires force to lift it. Force taken from the engine. Plus as we are all aware gravitational lensing has an inversely proportional mandate on a constant positive parameter.
fuck bro lay of the P !!!!!

Drew
28th February 2007, 21:40
Not quite.

To the first part, yes and no. The Drag saps power, but it also makes the bike wanna accelerate slower. The rear wheel is still getting fed the same message, GO GO GO. This means it cancels itself out, near enough. Add to this, the extra weight higher than the wheel, and if you get a physics geek to work it out, I think you'll find it ends up making no difference at all.

The last sentance in your thesus however, I recognise as total bollucks, only to be expected of poms, and homos of course.

Drew
28th February 2007, 21:44
Oh yeah.....

GET FUCKED

cowpoos
28th February 2007, 21:49
Not quite.

To the first part, yes and no. The Drag saps power, but it also makes the bike wanna accelerate slower. The rear wheel is still getting fed the same message, GO GO GO. This means it cancels itself out, near enough. Add to this, the extra weight higher than the wheel, and if you get a physics geek to work it out, I think you'll find it ends up making no difference at all.

I bet you a gixxer your wrong! you up sunshine?

flame
28th February 2007, 22:14
I bet you a gixxer your wrong! you up sunshine?

yours is BENT!!!!

and so is your bike hehehehehebwaaahahahahah

cowpoos
28th February 2007, 22:27
yours is BENT!!!!

and so is your bike hehehehehebwaaahahahahah
it not bent....it just has a couple on dings in the tank!!!

and same with the bike ;)

jimbo600
1st March 2007, 06:52
Not quite.

The last sentance in your thesus however, I recognise as total bollucks, only to be expected of poms, and homos of course.

Good job I'm a filthy Pom then.

limbimtimwim
1st March 2007, 07:52
Force taken from the engine. Plus as we are all aware gravitational lensing has an inversely proportional mandate on a constant positive parameter.Einstein could do massive wheelies. He was the king.

skelstar
1st March 2007, 09:42
Einstein could do massive wheelies. He was the king.
...relatively speaking.

ceebie13
1st March 2007, 12:52
..... it's hard to remember exactly what it is you're doin when a good one happens.

I've usually just got into bed!

Jase W
1st March 2007, 16:32
im keen to come to one of these sessions. next tuesday?

Drew
2nd March 2007, 08:18
Yep, there'll most likely be a ride this Tuesday. I will have the 400 ready to thrash I hope, so I can do some myself without making as much noise. The gixxer is pretty fuckin loud at full song.

Fatjim
2nd March 2007, 11:27
I've usually just got into bed!

refried beans do it or me.

slopster
4th March 2007, 06:10
MYTH!!!!!

I see what your saying but I know for a fact that my gsxr is a hell of a lot more inclined to powerstand over crests accidently when your on the gas in third with an empty tank than a full one (should that be a nearly empty one is doesn't go so well when its empty).

flame
5th March 2007, 20:15
Anyone keen to come out and play tomorrow night then??:yes:

skelstar
5th March 2007, 20:18
PM sent V (to your secretary).

jimbo600
5th March 2007, 20:18
Nah, bleaching my anus tomorrow night.

skelstar
5th March 2007, 20:19
...mt anus...
Ediface complex?

jimbo600
5th March 2007, 20:24
Ediface complex?

can't type been drinkin'

skelstar
5th March 2007, 20:26
can't type been drinkin'

Well lets hope youre not drinking tomorrow night then :mellow:

flame
5th March 2007, 20:27

....but you told me it hurt last time.....NEVER AGAIN you said!

jimbo600
5th March 2007, 20:29
....but you told me it hurt last time.....NEVER AGAIN you said!

I say that about drinkin' too.

cowpoos
5th March 2007, 20:47

hmmm....didn't pick ya for the vanilla star fish type!!! I hope cath appreiciates it!!

merv
5th March 2007, 20:56
...relatively speaking.

Or is that relativityly speaking?

Madness
5th March 2007, 20:56
Must be the full moon.

Kendog
5th March 2007, 21:08
That'd be cool bro, cheers. Just PM me next Tuesday if you're available, and I'll tell you where and when.

Can't make it tomorrow, hopefully next week.

Toaster
5th March 2007, 21:13

Since I am too far away to perv, I wanna see some vids boys and gals.

Drew
5th March 2007, 21:21
Since I am too far away to perv, I wanna see some vids boys and gals.

You'll have to request someone to come and document the event, Kendog is busy this week.

skelstar
5th March 2007, 21:57
Or is that relativityly speaking?

Yeah...I think it was funnier the first time. Cheers.