PDA

View Full Version : On the road again........

judecatmad
28th February 2007, 09:00
:)

Back on 2 wheels today - first time since mid-December. Woo hoo!!!!! :woohoo:

Did an impromptu wheelie as I set off from Silverstream lights - not intended and most definitely not good riding, but man what fun that was!!!!!!

The wind on my face, the passing of the stationary traffic, the absence of air con and car radio, the threat of rain.....what wonderful things!

Sobered up somewhat when I got to the Melling lights and saw a bike lying down across the middle of the road. Heart jumped into throat :( By the time I got to him tho, the guy had picked himself and his bike up and was well over to the centre barrier. I pulled over and asked if he was OK - he said he was so I carried on. Not sure what had happened but hope I did the right thing.

Slowed me down somewhat - gave me lots to think about, this being my first ride in 3 months. Put my wheelie into perspective - I could have been the one coming off......maybe pay a bit more attention to what I'm doing next time.....

Still an enjoyable ride into work tho :D

Lissa
28th February 2007, 09:12

Back on 2 wheels today - first time since mid-December. Woo hoo!!!!! :woohoo:

Did an impromptu wheelie as I set off from Silverstream lights - not intended and most definitely not good riding, but man what fun that was!!!!!!

The wind on my face, the passing of the stationary traffic, the absence of air con and car radio, the threat of rain.....what wonderful things!

Sobered up somewhat when I got to the Melling lights and saw a bike lying down across the middle of the road. Heart jumped into throat :( By the time I got to him tho, the guy had picked himself and his bike up and was well over to the centre barrier. I pulled over and asked if he was OK - he said he was so I carried on. Not sure what had happened but hope I did the right thing.

Slowed me down somewhat - gave me lots to think about, this being my first ride in 3 months. Put my wheelie into perspective - I could have been the one coming off......maybe pay a bit more attention to what I'm doing next time.....

Still an enjoyable ride into work tho :D
Awesome Jude.... look forward to seeing you on the 10th :Punk: Looks like you have mastered the Wheelie Already... just don't do it again ;) unless you mean it. :sunny:

MSTRS
28th February 2007, 09:18
You can wheelie a GN??:spudflip: :not: you are a god.
Well done girl

apteryx_haasti
28th February 2007, 09:23
Must be about time for us to go for a ride then, aye Jude?

You can show me your wheelie and I will show you my foot scrape (perhaps!)...

Trudes
28th February 2007, 09:29
Well done Jude!!!!, and yeah you GN riders are getting good, time to trade up I think. They must be making those GNs a lot more powerful than I remember them to be too, all this foot scraping, wheelieing and hooning about giving the guys "the learn", maybe I should swap my Hornet for one of your GNs!!!

Macktheknife
28th February 2007, 09:33
Congrats on the 'back on the road', just make sure you are not 'on your back on the road' huh?
Good on ya for stopping btw, never go past a rider who may be in distress, even if they are not in distress they will appreciate the gesture.

Colapop
28th February 2007, 09:55
So you've spat the sprog out then? (or is "He who must be obeyed" away?)

judecatmad
28th February 2007, 10:00
So you've spat the sprog out then? (or is "He who must be obeyed" away?)

Yeah, hubby's away in Auckland today and then he's off to the UK on Friday for a few weeks, so it'll be the bike every day - yay!

Colapop
28th February 2007, 10:13
You'll be upgrading (to a bigger bike) soon too then? (before he gets back)

judecatmad
28th February 2007, 10:25
You'll be upgrading (to a bigger bike) soon too then? (before he gets back)

LOL, I wish I could m8, I wish I could!!

Still stuck with the 250 til I get my full and until we find some funds from somewhere, still stuck with the 250.....

*sigh*

Colapop
28th February 2007, 10:34
How long til your full?

judecatmad
28th February 2007, 10:37
How long til your full?

Ooh, must be just about coming up. Sat my 6R the day hubby had his off...when would that be? September I think.

So late March is when I can sit my full - bit of a bugger tho, having a full licence and still being confined to a GN....so might hold off a bit longer!

Colapop
28th February 2007, 10:39
Not a bugger at all... you can test ride for ages... Go see Pete at WMCC he'll let ya!

"Always look on the bright side of life.. *whistling*..." Life of Brian (?)

judecatmad
28th February 2007, 10:49
Not a bugger at all... you can test ride for ages... Go see Pete at WMCC he'll let ya!

"Always look on the bright side of life.. *whistling*..." Life of Brian (?)

Hmmm, they do have a VERY nice grey Triumph Daytona that I could never afford in a million years.....not a bad idea there 'pop!

Need to find me a Kawasaki dealer tho so I can try out the ER-6f. Dave's convinced it won't fit me (he's so painfully honest at times...LOL).

Nasty
28th February 2007, 11:05
I think the testriding is the fun thing of getting the full ... its always enjoyable to ride someone elses until you can get your own ... that way you can try many and find what you really want .. rather than just buy what you think you would like :scooter:

Colapop
28th February 2007, 18:28
Hmmm, they do have a VERY nice grey Triumph Daytona that I could never afford in a million years.....not a bad idea there 'pop!

Need to find me a Kawasaki dealer tho so I can try out the ER-6f. Dave's convinced it won't fit me (he's so painfully honest at times...LOL).
Get your full and try all the dealers... ride everything! It's like a party without having to invite people, our buy more shit than you want to, and there's no mess to clean up... (well maybe there is but that's personal... :innocent: )
I went an saw that Trumpy today - and yeah, it's a sexy beast! Mind you also liked the look of the Buell Lightening and the Aprilia's they had there too!

riffer
28th February 2007, 20:51
Huh. And you were too damn busy to go two doors down the road and stop in for a cuppa...

some mate you turned out to be.

And I was having a shit day too. :mellow:

yungatart
1st March 2007, 07:26
Huh. And you were too damn busy to go two doors down the road and stop in for a cuppa...

Face it, Riffer, you are just not the kind of buzzzzzzzz that Col is looking for :innocent:

Insanity_rules
1st March 2007, 07:55
Did an impromptu wheelie as I set off from Silverstream :D

You are a freakin legend Jude. I thought I was good getting the front wheel up on the VTZ but on a GN, thats class.

Welcome back to two wheels!

apteryx_haasti
1st March 2007, 17:29
...maybe I should swap my Hornet for one of your GNs!!!

Done!

Just pm me and let me know where to meet you to swap keys! I'll throw in 10 bucks for a tank of petrol as well!!!

:yes:

Colapop
1st March 2007, 17:34
No need to get bitchy... I'll get round and see all ma peeps in good time... I had some business to attend while I was there so I wasn't just snubbing you....

No need to worry about my buzzzzzzzzzz either! I got some shit going on!