PDA

View Full Version : DR650 bash plate

Bartman10
1st March 2007, 08:34
Bought a bash plate from B&B engineering in Australia for the DR650.

Very happy with it. Excellent quality, prompt delivery (4 days) etc.

$143AUD.

If you're looking for a DR650 bash plate I'd have to recommend one of these. Top job. :rockon:

chris
1st March 2007, 09:49
Bought a bash plate from B&B engineering in Australia for the DR650.

Very happy with it. Excellent quality, prompt delivery (4 days) etc.

$143AUD.

If you're looking for a DR650 bash plate I'd have to recommend one of these. Top job. :rockon:

Any chance of a pic or a link?

Cheers

Bartman10
1st March 2007, 10:26
I've ripped an image off their website, see below.

Web:
http://www.bbaluminium.com/

Cheers

chris
1st March 2007, 10:30
I've ripped an image off their website, see below.

Web:
http://www.bbaluminium.com/

Cheers
Well that should do the job!

Motu
1st March 2007, 11:05
They do one for the DT230 too,it's on my ''one day'' list.Good to see some positive feed back about them.

Transalper
1st March 2007, 11:06
Same as what i got for Js DR650. Got ours through DAS here in Christchurch, that is to say they bought it in for us.
I also got the same brand on my CRF230.

merv
1st March 2007, 11:18
You saw the one on our DR before you bought yours and yeah they are a good bash plate, but now your bike will sound like a bucket of bolts too reflecting all the engine noises up to your ears.

ducatijim
1st March 2007, 11:18
you did well ! I paid $191AUD posted. great plate but.
I bored lightening/drain holes in mine before fitting.

Crisis management
1st March 2007, 13:25
Looks good, how much did you pay for it? The web site lists it at $161 aussie???

Does it mount hard up against the frame or does it sit below / clear of it? I ask as the bash plate I currently have is smaller (doesn't cover engine sides) but rests against the frame and reflects the most horrendous noises and vibrations from the motor. I wouldn't mind an "as fitted" road test opinion!

Ta in anticipation....:dodge:

chris
1st March 2007, 13:36
As an aside, is anyone interested in a set of brand new (done approx 20km) Bridgestone Trail Wings for a DR? If so $120 the pair.

merv
1st March 2007, 15:37
The B&B plate does fit up against the frame but if I remember rightly from when I installed it there are just some thin rubber pads separating the alloy plate from the steel frame and then only in a couple of spots, the rest is hard up against the frame. That doesn't help the noise either of course. Certainly the plate has good coverage of the sump and that's what its for really.

Bartman10
1st March 2007, 17:21
Looks good, how much did you pay for it? The web site lists it at $161 aussie???

Ta in anticipation....:dodge:

I bought 2 of them, $143 AUD and $135 AUD.

Got one a bit cheaper becasue it has some scratches on it, they are very minor though, and don't detract from the build quality. It just looks like a tiny ant has crawled across the surface, leaving a small trail.

Shippping was 40 AUD for the pair, quite expensive, but I wanted them delivered quickly, so paid a few dollars extra. If you were willing to go through regular post it would probably be a bit cheaper.

Cheers.

far queue
1st March 2007, 22:34
Yep, they're a good bash plate all right. I'm reminded of the value every time I hear a rock clang off it.

ducatijim
6th March 2007, 10:09
No reflected engine noise, sounds same as without....may be the holes prevent it acting like a reflector? Don;t know why the varying prices; they are supposed to remove the ozzy gst for export. But postage is dear!

dougwald
19th June 2011, 17:20
Any feedback please on DR bashplate. I was wondering why only the rear mounting locations are provided by Suzuki but nothing apparent at the front. The B&B bashplate comes with a thick bracket that fits inside the frame rails and becomes the front mounting and is used to attach the bashplate via 2 x 8mm allen bolts. Once installed however there is however only a tiny clearance left between the thick bracket and the crankcases which I am not happy about, is this a potential problem?

Monstaman
19th June 2011, 18:20
Buy kiwi made, GP Custom from Dunedin, bloody good plates and well made ... and by a kiwi.

He is a KBer as well.

hayd3n
19th June 2011, 19:06
Buy kiwi made, GP Custom from Dunedin, bloody good plates and well made ... and by a kiwi.

He is a KBer as well.

yup great stuff from gp custom ive had a two bros exhaust fitted by him (link pipe) and a custom radiator guard for the hornet!!!:rockon::Punk::wings:

Monstaman
19th June 2011, 19:14
Bro has a muffler and the same baseplate, I have clobbered the crap outa my plate, gonna get another on to take to Alaska.

cromagnon
19th June 2011, 19:28
Bro has a muffler and the same baseplate, I have clobbered the crap outa my plate, gonna get another on to take to Alaska.

Been meaning to get some protection, have you got the contact details of gp custom handy?

NordieBoy
19th June 2011, 19:37
Been meaning to get some protection, have you got the contact details of gp custom handy?

PM gpcustom on here.

gpcustom
20th June 2011, 20:39
Yep im still about and always happy to help where i can :banana: Pm me and it will be done