PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia/Ducati thing...

-df-
1st March 2007, 10:09
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=89771380

What do you guys think of this...got a email back from the person saying it started life as a Aprilia Falco that was slightly damaged, and he had a damaged RSV so put the parts required from that onto the Falco...and for some reason a ducati front fairing.

I actually quite like it, and was looking at a RSV, and now thinking this might be a goer if it all checked out.

I'd probably end up putting side fairings on it, unless I make it into a wicked streetfighter project...dunno.

Only thing I'm worried about is resale as its 3 bikes in one so to speak...

What are you guys thoughts?

Chur :scooter:

Cajun
1st March 2007, 10:20
well for 9k can't go to wrong

but the duke front end if all wrong

find putting aprillia bits on from simlar models but not ducati

bit seams like a fair price, could fetch more than that if it was setup nicely and correct

Jimmy B
1st March 2007, 10:26
Well its certainly different and the price seems fair, not too sure if the implant swingarm would upset the geometry, but I guess a good fang would tell you reasonably quickly and as for the mapping provided it didnt run too lean then I spose thats OK too. As for resale, well its probably not everyones cup of tea so will take the right person to come along I guess. Real interesting alright.

Dazza
1st March 2007, 10:30
Looks f'n ugly, needs all the SL1000 Falco body work put back on it ! :sick: Worrying about resale value,what's that about ! It's a written off import surely, If you tidied it up you would'nt loose money, surely ! If you get sick of it in 12mths give me first option :yes: It'd be interesting to see how it runs though.

Dazza
1st March 2007, 10:32
Well its certainly different and the price seems fair, not too sure if the implant swingarm would upset the geometry, but I guess a good fang would tell you reasonably quickly and as for the mapping provided it didnt run too lean then I spose thats OK too. As for resale, well its probably not everyones cup of tea so will take the right person to come along I guess. Real interesting alright. Should be no worries with the swingarm, has been a popular mod for about 6yrs now !

Jimmy B
1st March 2007, 10:43
Should be no worries with the swingarm, has been a popular mod for about 6yrs now !

Thats good info Dazza :rockon:

avgas
1st March 2007, 10:49
i like it - looks bloody nice.

-df-
1st March 2007, 13:13
only wondering about resale as its something very different...but as said, have to find the right person...I just have a history of only keeping bikes for about 6months...I get bored easy...which is why I'm going for a 1000cc this time.

I personally like the duke front on it...but I guess its a bit wrong being an aprilia bike.

I'll have to think about it a bit more...

Crisis management
1st March 2007, 16:36
It seems a bit expensive for what is really a rat bike. There was an RSVR (1999?) on trade me last week for $9750 ono and it had ohlins suspension, pipe etc in very tidy condition.
If you really want a project and want to make a custom bike, fine, but otherwise it's going to hurt when you sell it. :shit:

Dazza
2nd March 2007, 07:54
It seems a bit expensive for what is really a rat bike. There was an RSVR (1999?) on trade me last week for $9750 ono and it had ohlins suspension, pipe etc in very tidy condition.
If you really want a project and want to make a custom bike, fine, but otherwise it's going to hurt when you sell it. :shit:
If it was a genuine R ie. Ohlins front & rear, carbon fibre & Oz racing wheels which first appeared in 2000 & you secured it for that price it's an f'n steal, thank goodness for imports aye !

Drew
2nd March 2007, 08:33
I personally like the duke front on it...but I guess its a bit wrong being an
Aprilia bike.

It aint wrong to build a bike with different manufacturers bits bro. Common as fuck to do it, and you end up with a one off machine.