PDA

View Full Version : Rocket III sighting

jrandom
14th August 2004, 13:16
About noon today, northbound on SH16 just before Kumeu, closely trailed by a red 748.

Damn, that bike's got *presence*.

Pulled in at the Shell station on Don Buck Rd, the attendant waxed very enthusiastic while commenting that they'd filled up there before heading up 16.

I want a go! :crybaby:

Hitcher
14th August 2004, 13:39
Chatting with a Thruxton rider at Pauatahunui at midday who had got his leg over the Rocket III at Wellington Motorcycles earlier today. He was still tingling...

SPman
14th August 2004, 14:33
The Red one or the Black one. The Red one is AMPS demonstrator - the Black one is sold . Shit they look bulky - like a Sumo wrestler!

jrandom
14th August 2004, 14:55
The Red one or the Black one. The Red one is AMPS demonstrator - the Black one is sold . Shit they look bulky - like a Sumo wrestler!

It was the red one.

Wonder what it takes to convince AMPS to hand over the keys...

Indiana_Jones
14th August 2004, 15:43
I saw one at holeshot yesterday, looks pretty mint, but it's still no Bonneville :niceone:

-Indy

Blakamin
14th August 2004, 15:46
Chatting with a Thruxton rider at Pauatahunui at midday who had got his leg over the Rocket III at Wellington Motorcycles earlier today. He was still tingling...

Chatted with the same Thruxton rider about 15 mins earlier on the top of Paekak Hill!
I was headind home tho or i would have seen you there.
Talked to a Duc rider at the top that wants to sell me a BMW....very interested!

Posh Tourer :P
14th August 2004, 15:57
Chatted with the same Thruxton rider about 15 mins earlier on the top of Paekak Hill!
I was headind home tho or i would have seen you there.
Talked to a Duc rider at the top that wants to sell me a BMW....very interested!

What sorta beemer?

Blakamin
14th August 2004, 16:19
What sorta beemer?

R80 1986 model

LB
15th August 2004, 17:41
I saw the red one at Wgtn M/Cycles Friday lunchtime. What a bike. Not my personal cup of tea, but I can see it appealing to quite a few people. Very squat and fat, but I can imagine it's got torque for Africa.

Hitcher
15th August 2004, 17:45
I saw the red one at Wgtn M/Cycles Friday lunchtime. What a bike. Not my personal cup of tea, but I can see it appealing to quite a few people. Very squat and fat, but I can imagine it's got torque for Africa.
And I imagine that it has a reasonable thirst -- probably costs more to run each week than does an African orphan...

15th August 2004, 19:44
R80 1986 model

RT or naked? I dont really like the RT fairing.... too big.... The RS is ok.... a good aftermarketfairing might be ok, but I havent seen a good one yet.....

Two Smoker
15th August 2004, 19:50
86 R80RT????? sounds like an ex MOT bike to me, and if it is, dont touch it. It will be thrashed to shit....

geoffm
15th August 2004, 20:15
R80 1986 model
The R80 is what the MOT used to use. Wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, and fairly dated brakes and handling by modern standards (although pretty forgiving).
I paid the extra for the 16v K100RS for the paralever back end, wider rims and better brakes and haven't regretted it.
Geoff

dangerous
16th August 2004, 21:39
I ment to say the other day..... I noticed that a new member in Auckland just signed up as a KBer and has a Rocket III

Paul in NZ
16th August 2004, 21:58
Looked at the red one at WMC today....

Didn't do a thing for me other than make me want to opt out of modern society even more strongly... Perhaps move to a little hut someplace....

Very nice if you like that sort of thing (and many do) and beautifully done but.... Not my cup of tea.... :cool2:

Lets face it ...... I ride an old Guzzi... I like it my old Guzzi, I don't owe money on it.... I don't need more bike... I need to finish the Trumpy I have...

Love to have a test ride but..... Nah.... Best leave it at that...

Paul N

scumdog
17th August 2004, 15:00
Looked at the red one at WMC today....

Didn't do a thing for me other than make me want to opt out of modern society even more strongly... Perhaps move to a little hut someplace....

Very nice if you like that sort of thing (and many do) and beautifully done but.... Not my cup of tea.... :cool2:

Lets face it ...... I ride an old Guzzi... I like it my old Guzzi, I don't owe money on it.... I don't need more bike... I need to finish the Trumpy I have...

Love to have a test ride but..... Nah.... Best leave it at that...

Paul N

Sounds like me - just replace Guzzi with Harley and then Trumpy with Suzuki...

vifferman
17th August 2004, 15:16
Chatting with a Thruxton rider at Pauatahunui at midday who had got his leg over the Rocket III at Wellington Motorcycles earlier today. He was still tingling...Vibration that bad, huh? :whistle:

Hitcher
17th August 2004, 15:24
Vibration that bad, huh? :whistle:
Makes you wonder what effect it would have had, had it been going...

Paul in NZ
17th August 2004, 15:50
Sounds like me - just replace Guzzi with Harley and then Trumpy with Suzuki...

No...

:devil2: I still believe in self improvement....

duckman
17th August 2004, 16:16
I went into AMPS today .... BIG isn't it.

I would suggest having a look, it's ...er ... BIG !!! :gob:

AMPS
17th August 2004, 16:39
It was the red one.

Wonder what it takes to convince AMPS to hand over the keys...

Around $31,600.00.
Lou

Cajun
17th August 2004, 16:42
Thats alot of money, how much is that compared to a vrod??

jrandom
17th August 2004, 16:45
Thats alot of money, how much is that compared to a vrod??

Cheaper. V-Rods start at $40K or so IIRC. Lou?

Cajun
17th August 2004, 16:48

well its bloody good deal if its cheaper than harley, well most things are cheaper than harleys, then you have to insurnace service.

mmm wonder how much the insurance companys are gonna rip ya for a rocket III , yes tons of hp, doesn't turn okay give us $3000 now please come again

White trash
17th August 2004, 16:55

VRSCB starts at $36300, VRSCA from $38000.

Cajun
17th August 2004, 16:57
VRSCB starts at $36300, VRSCA from $38000.

vrscb
vrsca
what
we not all harley sales men here buddy

White trash
17th August 2004, 17:01
vrscb
vrsca
what

vrscA is the first of the V-Rods and the ones with all the crome.

vrscB is the cheaper model without as much chrome on the engine and bits and pieces.

VRSCB has different instruments and handlebars. 2004 models all have lower final gearing to aid fuckwits like me doing burnouts and wheelstands.

Nice.

jrandom
17th August 2004, 17:01
vrscb
vrsca
what

You have to grok the Alphabet Soup before you're allowed to ride the One True Motorcycle.

Cajun
17th August 2004, 17:04
vrscA is the first of the V-Rods and the ones with all the crome.

vrscB is the cheaper model without as much chrome on the engine and bits and pieces.

VRSCB has different instruments and handlebars. 2004 models all have lower final gearing to aid fuckwits like me doing burnouts and wheelstands.

Nice.

ahhh sweet Trash man

Cajun
17th August 2004, 17:05
You have to grok the Alphabet Soup before you're allowed to ride the One True Motorcycle.

I know its GSXR its owns the track track

Hitcher
17th August 2004, 17:06
Suck that through your diastema!

jrandom
17th August 2004, 17:06
I know its GSXR its owns the track track

No, you're thinking of John Banks.

Cajun
17th August 2004, 17:09
No, you're thinking of John Banks.

last time i heard he was ripping around on a jet ski not a track track

jrandom
17th August 2004, 17:09
Suck that through your diastema!

... but don't get any stuck up the cloaca.

scumdog
17th August 2004, 18:04
... but don't get any stuck up the cloaca.

OOh-Err! sounds less than charming!!! :blah:

scumdog
17th August 2004, 18:08
No...

:devil2: I still believe in self improvement....

When you've self improved to the extent I have (and you can't exceed THAT much improvement) you'll be saying the same as I just did!!!!!!! :banana: :2thumbsup - and own the same type of bikes!!! :killingme

Blakamin
17th August 2004, 18:35
The R80 is what the MOT used to use. Wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, and fairly dated brakes and handling by modern standards (although pretty forgiving).
I paid the extra for the 16v K100RS for the paralever back end, wider rims and better brakes and haven't regretted it.
Geoff

It is ex MoT...86,000 kms
$4500

gav
18th August 2004, 15:40
Damn, actually looks pretty good, nice tail section. :niceone:

vifferman
18th August 2004, 15:46
Amazing, innit?

How the threads on KB meander all over the place, from Triumph Rocket IIIs, to BMW R80s, then to poultry fundaments, rice puddings, back to BMWs.... :wacko:

Blakamin
18th August 2004, 19:53
yeah...sorry

geoffm
18th August 2004, 20:55
$4500
A fair number of years ago, there was a modded R-something or other that was raced at Taupo. Krauser 4V heads, lifted the motor up to get ground clearance, lots of other mods etc. Went pretty well, but not exactly as it left BMW any more... If I was going to put that time and effort into a bike fo rracing, I would start from a higher spec bike.
The cop R80RTs are around 60hp (ish), and fairly porky. That big barndoor fairing is magic at keeping the rain off though.
Geoff

gav
20th August 2004, 21:17
Street & Sport M/cs in Chch have a R(ocket) 3 on display, what a behemoth, looks facking huge!!

dangerous
20th August 2004, 21:41
Street & Sport M/cs in Chch have a R(ocket) 3 on display, what a behemoth, looks facking huge!!
Be straight in ther tomorrow cheers for that info.

MD
21st August 2004, 13:40
For those that haven't yet seen one in the flesh, beware the dark force that lurks within a Rocket III. I've fallen victim and so want one. I saw first hand the effect on others today. First my sportbike riding buddies were rubbishing me over coffee this morning for wanting something as stupid as that" So, I said lets pop round to WMCC for a squiz shall we?" Yeah yeah what ever. After a long stunned silence words came out like " Oh umm, I've got to have one" Every other bike pales into insignificance.
Full marks to Triumph.

21st August 2004, 13:44
$4500

The only stock bits on that one are the engine and frame, and maybe handlebars and headlight. New subframe, seat, fairing, front discs, rear shocks, pipes etc etc

It isnt ex MOT unless they also replaced the tank or repainted it all (which is quite possible, as many of them were repainted to disguise the origin). They would have spent some serious money on it though, ditching the old RT fairing too...

Oh and 86,000kms doesnt sound like a ex-MOT bike, they ought to be at least 186,000 if not 386,000. If it is a genuine 86,000kms, which I doubt, it'd be a minter...

Having said that, my R65 was a genuine 68,000 by the looks of the barrels when we built it up

jrandom
21st August 2004, 14:10
Well, my V-Rod riding boss took the Holeshot R3 for a test ride yesterday. He didn't like it. Too big. He said he got back onto the V-Rod, and compared to the R3 it was like being on a sportbike. But then, he's a bit of a little guy.

He described tipping the Trumpy into a roundabout, accidentally giving it an extra smidgen of throttle as he leaned over, and having it immediately lurch upright and want to head left.

The power was, apparently, 'frightening'.

LB
22nd August 2004, 05:36
For those that haven't yet seen one in the flesh, beware the dark force that lurks within a Rocket III. I've fallen victim and so want one. I saw first hand the effect on others today. First my sportbike riding buddies were rubbishing me over coffee this morning for wanting something as stupid as that" So, I said lets pop round to WMCC for a squiz shall we?" Yeah yeah what ever. After a long stunned silence words came out like " Oh umm, I've got to have one" Every other bike pales into insignificance.
Full marks to Triumph.
So does this mean Dion's cancelling his MV1000 order??

gav
24th August 2004, 10:53
The R3 in Chch has been sold, photo in the press of the bike, says bike bought by shy truck driver LOL

dangerous
24th August 2004, 18:29
The R3 in Chch has been sold, photo in the press of the bike, says bike bought by shy truck driver LOL
I no bugger it, missed out on a looksy...... never mind they are getting in another.

tassle
27th August 2004, 17:21
havnt seen one in the flesh yet, but think triumph got a goody on there hands, just love the thought of that much torque, what a smile that thing would give.

merv
27th August 2004, 20:13
Spotted a dude cruising on one of these about 2.30pm on Aotea Quay today.

SpankMe
27th August 2004, 20:31
We do have one registered user (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1453) who has put the Rocket III as his main bike.

gav
27th August 2004, 22:05
actually main/favourite bike, could just be his favourite bike?

Kickaha
27th August 2004, 23:22

I think they already had orders for three.

merv
28th August 2004, 09:12
We do have one registered user (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1453) who has put the Rocket III as his main bike.

Problem is they had Rocket III's back when I was still at school so unless a guy says 2004 Triumph or 60's, 70's whatever BSA we aren't to know the difference without a pic.

Jackrat
29th August 2004, 21:26
Went to a club meeting yesterday,spoke to a member who's a test pilot for KR,seems they've crashed the test bike.
Ouch somebodys in the shit!! :doh:

Blakamin
2nd September 2004, 17:24
SIGHTED in raumati

Black rocket 3 registered "vbomb" (i think it was vbomb)
bloke didnt even look at me when i waved... mustve owned a BMW at some stage!!
was going to chase him after a u-turn but there was some cops following him, at it wouldve been an illegal turn for me :D

They dont look that huge in person

gav
2nd September 2004, 20:09
You could hardly expect him to take his hand off the handlebar could you?
I reckon alot of them will get crashed, they look a bloody handful especially at low speed and I can see alot of born again bikers getting into them.

A Toad 2
6th September 2004, 18:39
I reckon alot of them will get crashed, they look a bloody handful especially at low speed and I can see alot of born again bikers getting into them.
there may be a few sold from the side of the road as is where is ,as they are too f*#* ing heavy to pick up should they get dropped.anyone know what the rocket weighs ?

Holy Roller
6th September 2004, 19:05
They dont look that huge in person
Saw one cruze past when the hill climb was on at the cold kiwi. It was rather unassuming and not at all that big as I had expected it to be. Being parked up the hill I decided not to walk over to get a pix but wished I had though.

Lou Girardin
6th September 2004, 20:57
320 kg's or 2 ZX10's, but with the weight is carried low and a with low seat it is easier to handle when stationary than many sport bikes.
I quickly found that out having to move it around the showroom and with a 240 section rear tyre, it doesn't need a sidestand.
Maybe I'll get a ride when the novelty wears off and it stays for more than 1/2 hour.

LB
7th September 2004, 06:05
There was a black one with the RAT group that we met up with at Martinborough on Sunday. He really liked it. (It was the one you'd seen previously Blakamin.)

They are big, but hey, whatever spins your wheels is good.

Paul in NZ
7th September 2004, 08:34
There was a black one with the RAT group that we met up with at Martinborough on Sunday. He really liked it. (It was the one you'd seen previously Blakamin.)

They are big, but hey, whatever spins your wheels is good.

Yeah but every BMX riding school boy (once they spent a half hour reading the rego sticker on the Guzzi and figuring out perhaps the engine was supposed to go in that way after all) in Martinborough was gathered around it gawping and gushing...

It's that kinda bike....

Not really my kind but plenty of bling and a bad reputation.. What more do you need?

Paul N

Blakamin
7th September 2004, 09:10
Yeah but every BMX riding school boy (once they spent a half hour reading the rego sticker on the Guzzi and figuring out perhaps the engine was supposed to go in that way after all) in Martinborough

Paul N

They were amazing weren't they??? first question I got "can you do stoppies???" :doh:

Paul in NZ
7th September 2004, 09:25
They were amazing weren't they??? first question I got "can you do stoppies???" :doh:

Missed your chance mate...

"Yeah, I can normally but I sprained my back working on a double back flip with a side ollie finish into a pit of burning alligators at the last X games" (Dude)

I just told em I do 'slowies' and 'jobbies' and that left em wondering...

Paul N

Blakamin
7th September 2004, 09:40
Missed your chance mate...

"Yeah, I can normally but I sprained my back working on a double back flip with a side ollie finish into a pit of burning alligators at the last X games" (Dude)

I just told em I do 'slowies' and 'jobbies' and that left em wondering...

Paul N
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :not: :not:

gav
7th September 2004, 15:19
Probably looking at the gaffa tape on your bike and thought maybe you had been practising? :moon:

Blakamin
7th September 2004, 15:21
Probably looking at the gaffa tape on your bike and thought maybe you had been practising? :moon:

No gaffa tape on there...painted it saturday!

TonyB
7th September 2004, 16:25
I read in a mag that they had to detune the Rocket III in first and second. It makes something like 70ft/lb of torque at idle- they found it was smoking up the tyre waaaay too easy.... Apparently all that torque coupled with shaft drive and not much ground clearance can make things interesting if you open or shut the throttle mid corner

gav
7th September 2004, 23:42
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Rodeo/Valencia%202004/SPID.jpg
Schwing, Now thats what I'm talking about, New Triumph Speed Triple :niceone:

scumdog
8th September 2004, 08:04
Why do they insist in making the brake master cylinder so obvious and sticking out like a wart on your nose?

Place it more discretely, at the risk of receiving a truck load of bricks flung at me - H-D style m/cylinder is more tidy and less like "oh shit, we forgot to fit a master cylinder, grab one of those baby-food jars, that will do"

Apart from that the Speed-Triple is :2thumbsup

AMPS
8th September 2004, 08:40
The Speed Triple is possibly going to be a 1050 like the new Sprint.
I've heard that the Rocket has good lean angles for a cruiser, similar to the Trophy.
Lou

Blakamin
8th September 2004, 09:09
Why do they insist in making the brake master cylinder so obvious and sticking out like a wart on your nose?

Apart from that the Speed-Triple is :2thumbsup

true... they could find someway of putting it a tad lower!

gav
8th September 2004, 10:53
Note there are no mirrors on the Speed Triple, may not look so obvious once mirrors are mounted?

supeRDerek
19th October 2004, 09:03
Heres a pic of me mates Rocket III. He took it on a classic run with us here in England (hence the KH400)

He has the optional extra tribal paint job ehich costs an Extra £1500 :eek5:

Now he has a complete spare set at home

http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/images/81/02/12378102.s.jpg

vifferman
19th October 2004, 09:24
[talking about the new Speed Triple] Why do they insist in making the brake master cylinder so obvious and sticking out like a wart on your nose?Indeed. There are many other reservoirs that don't stick up so much - this is the 'semi-remote' kind, that mounts higher up and has a rubber tube connecting it to the master cylinder.
Mebbe they're cheaper than the integrated kind??
And what's so special about the 1500 poond "Tribal" paint-job?:confused:

TonyB
16th April 2005, 18:29
I know White Trash did a review of the Rocket III somewhere, but I looked and looked but couldn't find it- I know, typical male...so this thread will do.

Anyhoo, those that went to the Ruapuna Have a Go day today got the opportunity to see a Rocket III on the track(!). It was in group C (passing on straights only) when I was there. Let me just say that an advertising myth was dispelled. It was being ridden by a good rider, and while it may corner well for a 2.3 litre behemoth, it was cornering a good deal slower than other bikes ridden by possibly less talented riders, but then you'd have to expect that. It certainly is a powerful cruiser, it was very slightly faster than a SV1000 in a straight line, but the theories of it accelerating harder than a full on sports bike were well and truly proven incorrect. At one stage an R1 was stuck behind the Rocket III on the sweeper. The R1 went wide at the exit to try to get past on the straight (passing on straights only remember), but had to shut off when the Rocket also ran wide, so the R1 chopped back to the inside and put the power on again, resulting in a rapid pass. The R1 then accelerated away. A Hyabusa on the track at the same time also seemed a good deal quicker in a straight line, but I never got to see them side by side. So there you go, it's bloody quick, but it ain't that quick.

Ghost Lemur
16th April 2005, 18:47
The Rocket has never interested me. The MT-01 on the other hand.... Mmmmm

Come on Well-to-do KBers get with the program. I'm hanging for a first hand long term review.

Then there's the MT-03 coming...

dangerous
16th April 2005, 23:13
I know White Trash did a review of the Rocket III somewhere, but I looked and looked but couldn't find it- I know, typical male...so this thread will do.

Anyhoo, those that went to the Ruapuna Have a Go day today got the opportunity to see a Rocket III on the track(!). It was in group C (passing on straights only) when I was there. Let me just say that an advertising myth was dispelled. It was being ridden by a good rider, and while it may corner well for a 2.3 litre behemoth, it was cornering a good deal slower than other bikes ridden by possibly less talented riders, but then you'd have to expect that. It certainly is a powerful cruiser, it was very slightly faster than a SV1000 in a straight line, but the theories of it accelerating harder than a full on sports bike were well and truly proven incorrect. At one stage an R1 was stuck behind the Rocket III on the sweeper. The R1 went wide at the exit to try to get past on the straight (passing on straights only remember), but had to shut off when the Rocket also ran wide, so the R1 chopped back to the inside and put the power on again, resulting in a rapid pass. The R1 then accelerated away. A Hyabusa on the track at the same time also seemed a good deal quicker in a straight line, but I never got to see them side by side. So there you go, it's bloody quick, but it ain't that quick.
Yes and no Tony..... the rocket may not be what it is all cracked up to be but it was bloody quick from were I was sitting, up on the hill.
So I was able to watch it al the way around the track and had a better view of it on the straight..... it hauled serious ass, the R1 was pulling rather hard and was just behind it but from my position it was as quick as any of the other day riders were... the clubmans thours were the only bikes moving faster than the Rocket.

Kickaha
17th April 2005, 08:26
In the past the particular guy riding the Rocket has shown himself to be incapable of riding any bike on the track slower than 100% however the fact that if he dumped that bike he'd be $32,000 poorer might have had a slight restraining effect on him

In the club rooms later one of the R1 club riders did comment on how quick the Rocket accelerated off the corners and was impressed with how hard Glen was punting it along

I can see a new one make class in the making "Rocket 3 Racing" :niceone:

k14
17th April 2005, 08:27
Man, you need some photography lessons, that is one seriously useless photo ;)

dangerous
17th April 2005, 09:20
Man, you need some photography lessons, that is one seriously useless photo ;)
That may be so........ but this is 'one seriously useless' rider........ 1min fidy.... HUH :2thumbsup

ps: bet ya dont think this pic too bad :cool:

k14
17th April 2005, 09:32
Yeah I know 1:50 is useless, but it wouldn't be as useless as say someone riding a thou doing 1:52's

TonyB
17th April 2005, 20:26
Yes and no Tony..... the rocket may not be what it is all cracked up to be but it was bloody quick from were I was sitting, up on the hill.
So I was able to watch it al the way around the track and had a better view of it on the straight..... it hauled serious ass, the R1 was pulling rather hard and was just behind it but from my position it was as quick as any of the other day riders were... the clubmans thours were the only bikes moving faster than the Rocket.
Don't get me wrong- the thing was definitely quick, but I seem to remember Triumph claiming it would accelerate harder than a sports bike while two up.
Really I'm posting this in the wrong place. At work there are a couple of guys who still fervently believe that all Jap bikes are 'Jap crap' and the only real Triumph is one that leaves oil stains everywhere. When they heard about the Rocket III they were gloating that it would "be heaps faster than the bloody rice burner jap crap". Can't wait to see them tomorrow :shifty:

Bren_chch
17th April 2005, 20:35
It was a fast machine on that home straight, I couldnt believe it when it cranked it self up out of the corner, looked awesome, but me, the k1 and the hyabusa past it a few times on the straight.

I quite like the look of it, but i for sure wouldnt want to ditch that in to the tarmac, god could u imagine the bill!!! ouch

Big Dave
17th April 2005, 23:27
It was a fast machine on that home straight, I couldnt believe it when it cranked it self up out of the corner, looked awesome, but me, the k1 and the hyabusa past it a few times on the straight.

I quite like the look of it, but i for sure wouldnt want to ditch that in to the tarmac, god could u imagine the bill!!! ouch

Well, i did the Kiwi Rider test for the Rocket and have a few thousand k's up on them - and i've thrown a leg over most everything fast and desirable in the last 4 years too. (motorcycles that is)
IMNSHO He wasn't riding the rocket right. Sure, braking and cornering the sports bikes will eat it, I'd even back my 140hp trophy in a decent point to point - but the Rockets torque will 'out pull' anything stock to 180 in a straight line.
Then it's about horsepower and moving air and the streamlined big 4's have the edge.
The rocket is more fun getting there - it's an almighty surge when you let it go.

dangerous
18th April 2005, 06:11
The rocket is more fun getting there
LOL.... at mid straight siting in that postion the rider looked like he was fair shiting..... it must be bloody hard hanging on with ya legs out frount.

TonyB
18th April 2005, 08:00
i for sure wouldnt want to ditch that in to the tarmac, god could u imagine the bill!!! ouch
Would that be the bill for the bike, or the damage to the track? If you dropped that thing at speed it'd bloody near knock the earth of it's axis :lol:

scumdog
18th April 2005, 09:38
LOL.... at mid straight siting in that postion the rider looked like he was fair shiting..... it must be bloody hard hanging on with ya legs out frount.

Yeah but you can actually SEE when your pegs scrape!!! :lol: :confused:

NordieBoy
21st April 2005, 09:27
Would that be the bill for the bike, or the damage to the track? If you dropped that thing at speed it'd bloody near knock the earth of it's axis :lol:

Just let Darren Heeman ride it to find out :msn-wink:

Motu
22nd April 2005, 14:15
Just saw a Rocket III go past work,brand new with a Hells Angel and brand new patch...he must of got them as a package deal.....the bike didn't look so big to me,looked about the size of a 250,but that big tyre poking out the cheeks of his arse was the giveaway....

Waylander
22nd April 2005, 14:36
Just wait till you see one of them buggers doin this.
http://www.triumphchepassione.com/prove%20su%20strada/triumph-rocket-III-2300/impennata-rocket-III.jpg

TonyB
22nd April 2005, 16:11
the bike didn't look so big to me,looked about the size of a 250,
time to see your freindly optometrist :msn-wink:

TriumphMan
30th June 2005, 14:28
So, How many Rocket owners are there out there. I got one last week. I would be nice to see a few of them together. Has anyone set up a rocket club?

SpankMe
30th June 2005, 15:20
Only two are listed when doing a member search (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/memberlist.php?do=search). Totally enjoyed my ride on one at the AMPS open day.

skidz
30th June 2005, 15:37
I would love to own one, but I'd have to put the cruiser seat on it for the missus. They are about the same weight as my Road King, but a hell of a lot faster.

Lou Girardin
30th June 2005, 16:08
Just saw a Rocket III go past work,brand new with a Hells Angel and brand new patch...he must of got them as a package deal.....the bike didn't look so big to me,looked about the size of a 250,but that big tyre poking out the cheeks of his arse was the giveaway....

If that was who I think it is, he'd make a Boss Hoss look like a 250 too.

skidz
3rd July 2005, 15:24
Saw a Rocket III yesterday in Hastings and it looked grouse with about 14-16 inch ape hangers.