PDA

View Full Version : Waikato: Cambridge Toy Run

Divot
1st March 2007, 14:09
Cambridge to Hamilton Toy Run
Sunday 11 March

Assemble around the green in Cambridge from 9am onwards. Ride leaves Cambridge at 11am. A fun day, see you there.

Bring a toy to donate. The Toy Run is for the Child Cancer Society.

Organised by The Ulysses Club.

:scooter:

register your attendance here. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1199&day=2007-3-11)<br /><br />

What?
2nd March 2007, 05:44
Same day as the national points round at Pukekohe. Anyone got any tips on being in two places at once? (maybe I should ask Brad Shipton...)

slimjim
2nd March 2007, 13:34
hey i heard that its on this weekend 4th........... what's up and whos right????

Pumba
2nd March 2007, 14:07
The 11th is right:bye:

Sucks, will be in wellington that weekend

slimjim
3rd March 2007, 12:06
cheer's , bloody club newsletter has it wrong,
would have got there and nothing on,

jaybee
4th March 2007, 08:16
dam, i wont be there this year, dislocated my shoulder this weekend, this is a good ride too, hope you lot post some piccys for me

Moko Potaka
5th March 2007, 21:08
be there with my baby gurl,she cant wait.she loves seeing all the different bikes,and all the kool peeps.

ZeroIndex
8th March 2007, 07:03
ATTENTION ALL HAMILTON PEOPLE!!!
One year ago I had my Kinetic GF170, and now one year later, I feel a lot less of a n00b than I was back then... I also have a better bike, but still, the same plan (which I think worked pretty damn well...)

Here was the original thread back from 2006
Date: 19 March 2006
***Meet: Cobham Drive Caltex Garage
***After-meet: Momentum's house in Glenview***
*****I will be at the Caltex at 8:30 to drink coffee, so be there just before 9:00am, so we can leave at 9:10am*****

Ok, I had a chat to QUASiEVIL about this the other day... and he was planning on doing this thread, but he's taking too long

Most people probably know about the Cambridge to Hamilton Child Cancer Toy Run, which is said to be "the biggest turn out of public support that you will ever see on a bike run." I know there's a lot of Hamilton KB's, and this would be a great event to 'take over' so to speak. Instead of individual KB's going to the event, we should all go as a group (get some good publicity )

The rider briefing starts at 10:30am, but have been suggested to get there @ 9:30am, so get to the Caltex garage on Cobham Drive, Hillcrest just before 9:00am, as we will be leaving at 9:10am.

Thanks, Rob
Final Update v1.4 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=25774&highlight=toy+run)

Now, obviously, this one (2007) is meeting up in Cambridge earlier (9am onwards), and knowing the speed vs. time continuum, I'm gonna say: 8:15am - 8:30am for a morning coffee at the Caltex on Cobham drive... I shall be there on Sunday unless for some unknown reason I'm not :p. Any Hamilton people interested in 'group riding it' to Cambridge, like last time, see you there...

Warr
9th March 2007, 02:12
ATTENTION ALL HAMILTON PEOPLE!!!
One year ago I had my Kinetic GF170, and now one year later, I feel a lot less of a n00b than I was back then... I also have a better bike, but still, the same plan (which I think worked pretty damn well...)
Now, obviously, this one (2007) is meeting up in Cambridge earlier (9am onwards), and knowing the speed vs. time continuum, I'm gonna say: 8:15am - 8:30am for a morning coffee at the Caltex on Cobham drive... I shall be there on Sunday unless for some unknown reason I'm not :p. Any Hamilton people interested in 'group riding it' to Cambridge, like last time, see you there...
Good plan Rob see you 8.30 at Caltex

TerminalAddict
9th March 2007, 07:42
8:30 ... garrrggghh .. sunday are meant to be "sleep until noon" day

oh well see you there

idleidolidyll
9th March 2007, 07:47
Same day as the national points round at Pukekohe. Anyone got any tips on being in two places at once? (maybe I should ask Brad Shipton...)

no need, Puke is the most boring racetrack in the country and spectator viewing is a joke: go to the toy run

Fub@r
9th March 2007, 18:29
I'll be in for this.

Warlock might attend also (to be confirmed). Also might be a few mates who are non-KB'r wanting to go also.

Do the Auckland'ers want to meet at a designated location and ride down together?

Crazy Steve
9th March 2007, 18:34
I'll be in for this.

Warlock might attend also (to be confirmed). Also might be a few mates who are non-KB'r wanting to go also.

Do the Auckland'ers want to meet at a designated location and ride down together?

I hope your Bike makes it dude...:dodge:

Crazy Steve..

Fub@r
9th March 2007, 18:36
I hope your Bike makes it dude...:dodge:

Crazy Steve..

Why would't it............I'll be carrying a bag full of spare parts :)

But then I also note that your not signed on for this ride..........you worried the GSXR won't make it?????:dodge:

oldguy
9th March 2007, 19:47
BP/autobarn, southern motorway is the norm, not sure if I,m going to go yet, anyone have an idea what time to depart, head down to Cambridge ???

ZeroIndex
9th March 2007, 19:56
What is up with these dumb cages... 2nd bike this year, and both in the first week get knocked by phucking cars while the bike is parked legally... seriously... WTF!!!!

Divot
9th March 2007, 20:26
BP/autobarn, southern motorway is the norm, not sure if I,m going to go yet, anyone have an idea what time to depart, head down to Cambridge ???

Aucklad Harley Owners Leaving 8:30 BP Drury.

Meekey_Mouse
9th March 2007, 22:14
Hey all,

I'll hopefully be able to make it up to this :Punk:

If you see me feel free to come up and say hi, it'd be great to meet you/see you again!! I'll be on a ZXR250 and I have a KB patch on my right arm.

Ride safely every one :)

Jas

ZeroIndex
9th March 2007, 23:51
We going to the cooks afterwards, or is someone gonna have a barbeque we can crash?

Meekey_Mouse
10th March 2007, 14:47
I went shopping for a toy today... found the coolest little bike models :D :Punk:

One of them even has a button you push and the bike "starts up" and goes into first gear then second then stops!! YOS!!

Can't wait for tomorrow... long ride then a cold beer and MotoGP... what more could you ask for?!?! :rockon:

Hopefully see some of you there :)

Ralph
10th March 2007, 15:15
Hey people,

Heard there's a few meeting at Tauriko Caltex at about 9am and leaving shortly after.

So anyone from Tauranga interested in riding over with a few others, see ya there :Punk: :scooter: :sunny:

hamie1
10th March 2007, 19:58
Sounds like an excellent idea, all I need now is
A toy (what time does the Warehouse open?)
A clean bike (any takers)
Some petrol (Go well Go Shell)
Some sleep (whatever)
And a sexy girl holding onto the teddy on the back!
See you at 8.30!

Fub@r
10th March 2007, 20:04
And a sexy girl holding onto the teddy on the back!
See you at 8.30!

Or a sexy girl in a teddy :innocent:

Question Hammy people. How long does it take from Hammy to Cambridge?

Also anyone that wants a group ride we will be leaving the Drury Autobahn at about 9.00am. 2x Yellow Hyosungs, 2x CBR's and GSXR

hamie1
10th March 2007, 20:25
15 to 30 minutes. Depends on who are and how crazy. From the outside of Hamilton where you'll be, say from BK on Te Rapa Straight about 30 + mins.

Fub@r
10th March 2007, 20:29
Ok we are leaving Te Atatu at 8.15 and heading to Drury BP Autobahn and leave there by 8.40 if anyone from Aucks wants to tag on

0arbreaka
11th March 2007, 02:29
Hey all I'll drop into cambridge on my way to Karapiro and say hi, im not doing the toy run coz Ive got to support some friends of mine at the lake, but I'll still come by:yes: I'll be in the white pos legnum.

Btw its about a hour and half to two hour drive/ride to cambridge from aucks.:scooter:

ZeroIndex
11th March 2007, 05:24
it is 6:22, me and sidewinder haven't managed to get any sleep yet due to some of my fucked up work friends..... about to crank out some good coffee and stand-up comedy courtesy of Dane Cook (he's American)...

Me and Sidewinder have gone for the 'recently dropped' look for our bikes this year... any other takers?

Fub@r
11th March 2007, 14:20
Well that was an awesome ride............pity about all the damn roadworks on between Bombay and Hamilton.

See you all there next year :)

Bruiser
11th March 2007, 15:41
Just go back myself. An excellent ride, well organised and lots of fun, even when tootling at 60k on the Cambridge-Hamilton road.

Got nervous with those same road works at Mercer - being as the last ride through that crap cost me a new drive belt on my harley ($500 including gaskets and seals).

Here are some photos (http://bruiser.co.nz/pics-bikerides-07.html#WaikatoUlyssesToyRide) I took during the Toy Ride today.

Edbear
11th March 2007, 18:45
Was A great event! They reported 1,000 bikes! Nearly melted in the heat, though! Saw a BSA Scramber 650! Must have been about the prettiest bike there! great pics, Bruiser!

MyGSXF
11th March 2007, 18:59
They reported 1,000 bikes!

:gob: 1,000 bikes... AWESOME!!!!!!!! :Punk: :rockon:

Great pics Bruiser!!

oldguy
11th March 2007, 20:13
Great day, good turn out, wasn't sure about the weather when we got to the bottom of the bombays, with all that fog and to add all the road works made riding a little interesting, but turned out to be a good day.

Here are some of the pics I took, picture #10 that looks like a Kb patch on the right arm is that you.

cheers John

http://www.filmloop.com/cgi-bin/bv/bv.py?ticket=H0PaA88Osk1O3sK7Oe7g99eDGpGpf/Xv&flash=1&extAds=1&px=FL2

Switch
11th March 2007, 21:12
Was an awesome day. I had a great time. Was my first time doing this Toy Run, and i'll be sure to do it again next year (or when ever it happens again). Had a wicked ride over to raglan and back after the toy run so that was good fun.
Cheers for the day.
:rockon:

Blackadda
11th March 2007, 21:27
Excellant day, 1st toy run for me, great to see so many supporters on the side of the road. Great turn out, lots of great bikes.

Well done Ulysses Hamilton, well organsied, see you again next year.

:Punk:

Bruiser
11th March 2007, 22:07
Here are some of the pics I took, picture #10 that looks like a Kb patch on the right arm is that you.
cheers John
http://www.filmloop.com/cgi-bin/bv/bv.py?ticket=H0PaA88Osk1O3sK7Oe7g99eDGpGpf/Xv&flash=1&extAds=1&px=FL2

Hope you don't mind John but you managed to get one of me leaving cambridge (#14) and I've "borrowed" it for my collection too. Let me know if it's a problem.

Cheers,
Bruiser

Waylander
11th March 2007, 22:11
Great day, good turn out, wasn't sure about the weather when we got to the bottom of the bombays, with all that fog and to add all the road works made riding a little interesting, but turned out to be a good day.

cheers John

Pic #10 is Meekey_Mouse.

Steam
11th March 2007, 22:20
Meeky Mouse!

TerminalAddict
12th March 2007, 07:43
where the pics from big kev on the VFR? .. :yes: .. I want some "action" shots of me and the missus :)

shafty
12th March 2007, 08:34
Smashing ride - Congrats to Hamilton Ulysses, well done, great result with heaps of toys and great public relations for motorcycling!

Don't forget, the next Easter Egg and Toy Run is the week before Easter, on Sunday 1 April, in Mt Maunganui. Gather from 0900 at Bayfair Shopping Centre, Mt Maunganui, departing at noon for Tauranga Hospital. Eggs and Toys available from Bayfair. PM me if any questions. Lets get a bunch of KB'ers there!

Some pics from Cambridge attached...

shafty
12th March 2007, 08:41
Some more pics............ if yours is the blue VT750 - nice bike! I have some forward controls for this model if you need them.

oldguy
12th March 2007, 15:56
Hope you don't mind John but you managed to get one of me leaving cambridge (#14) and I've "borrowed" it for my collection too. Let me know if it's a problem.

Cheers,
Bruiser

Not a problem, photography is a hobby, and if someone wants a copy of any photo Ive taken, I have no problem with that, or if they want a better copy they can PM me. here is a better one of you.

This a resized pic, 348KB actual size is 3.23MB to big to upload on KB

cheers John

deeknow
12th March 2007, 19:39
A few more pics from Sunday. A thrill as usual to be immersed in the audible heaven that is 1500 revving motorcycle engines, radiator fan only cut in a couple of times and the clutch-hand is way happier than the time I foolishly took my Duke on the run

X-Ryder
12th March 2007, 23:00
Was a great day had by all, it always gives one such an overwhelming feeling to be part of something good.

Some more pics (http://cybertec.orcon.net.nz/toyrun/content/index.html)

Thanks Ulysses, for a well organized and great day. :rockon:

What?
13th March 2007, 08:59
no need, Puke is the most boring racetrack in the country and spectator viewing is a joke: go to the toy run

So true - and I ended up doing neither, having to be in Waikato hospital instead after ma-in-law had a stroke.

What's with the rumour that this may have been the last running of this event?

Meekey_Mouse
13th March 2007, 16:11
Very cool day, first time going to the toy run and would definitely try my best to go again next year:Punk:

WaylanderPic #10 is Meekey_Mouse.

Steam Meeky Mouse!

So it is!! Too many camera's to be able to dodge lol

So true - and I ended up doing neither, having to be in Waikato hospital instead after ma-in-law had a stroke.

What's with the rumour that this may have been the last running of this event?

NOOOOOOOO Hopefully it's not true!

shafty
13th March 2007, 21:49
Thanks DeeKnow and X Ryder for some great pics - awesome
:sunny: