PDA

View Full Version : Get out your banjo's - Finn visits South Island

Finn
2nd March 2007, 08:37
I'm a coming down. End of March just for 4 -5 days to see what all the fuss is about. Don't know the itinerary yet, but I think we'll end up in Kaikoura so if anyone knows where I can hire a harpoon and a tinny, let me know.

A few questions about the South Island. Where is it and how much is the toll to cross the bridge? Will I need snow or dirt tires? What language do they speak down there? What sort of goods should I bring to barter?

sunhuntin
2nd March 2007, 08:41
the language sounds faintly american....when i got to invers, i told my friend off for having an accent [shes half canadian] got the shock of a life-time to find most of em talk that way!

normal road tyres should suffice, depending on what roads you like.

and DONT DO IT! you wont want to leave!!!

Finn
2nd March 2007, 08:49
Joni, leave my thread alone bitch and go play school teacher somewhere else. So much for South Island hospitality. You're off my visitors list.

scumdog
2nd March 2007, 08:49
I'm a coming down. End of March just for 4 -5 days to see what all the fuss is about. Don't know the itinerary yet, but I think we'll end up in Kaikoura so if anyone knows where I can hire a harpoon and a tinny, let me know.

A few questions about the South Island. Where is it and how much is the toll to cross the bridge? Will I need snow or dirt tires? What language do they speak down there? What sort of goods should I bring to barter?

Fuck off - if we wanted North Island 'tards and all their problems we'd import them as needed.

Four days and you're getting as far south as Kaikoura? how are you travelling - by foot?

And the welcome is even warmer in person.

HenryDorsetCase
2nd March 2007, 08:51
By "Banjo" do you mean "testicles"?

Finn
2nd March 2007, 08:55
Four days and you're getting as far south as Kaikoura? how are you travelling - by foot?

There's a few Ducati's coming so probably. It's a group ride Scummy and we'll end up in Kaikoura. That's just the final meeting place.

Guitana
2nd March 2007, 08:57
Don't worry me old Southern mates he'll probably get run off the road before he even get's out of Picton by a camper van!!!

Paul in NZ
2nd March 2007, 09:00
we'll end up in Kaikoura. That's just the final meeting place.

We live in hope...

scumdog
2nd March 2007, 09:02
Oh, and I forgot to add that as you board the ferry there's a barrier 5' high (about 1.5 metres) beside the boarding ramp.

It has a sign above it stating "If you are not taller than this you are not permitted on this ride".:killingme :whistle:

bungbung
2nd March 2007, 09:15
Don't forget your passport

pritch
2nd March 2007, 09:18
I'm a coming down. End of March just for 4 -5 days

That's scary! I'll be down there at the same time...