PDA

View Full Version : Toe sliders, (a boring question)

cbr guy
2nd March 2007, 19:39
hi i have forma "revenge" boot, and the toe sliders are worn out and want a new pair.problem is that i cant find any that fit on my boots. im in invercargill so theres not much motorbike shops down here. is there a website or wholesaler or something out there?

rustys
2nd March 2007, 20:21
Hi, cbr guy. Try "Forbes & Davies " Auckland 09 444 4541. They are the New Zealand Distributor for Forma.
Cheers.

BUNGY
2nd March 2007, 20:23
I have some forma boots that dont have toe sliders. IS it possible to put them on or will i have to get new boots if I want them.

cbr guy
2nd March 2007, 21:00
Hi, cbr guy. Try "Forbes & Davies " Auckland 09 444 4541. They are the New Zealand Distributor for Forma.
Cheers.

thanks for the help man, its just what im after might ring them tomorrow

redhed
2nd March 2007, 21:02
I've worn mine out to & I'm up to my knee sliders.
What's next??

cbr guy
2nd March 2007, 21:04
I have some forma boots that dont have toe sliders. IS it possible to put them on or will i have to get new boots if I want them.

i'm no expert but i'd imagine not, mine have pretty solid foundations made of plastic and brass that the toe sliders are screwed onto. you should look on trademe for boots like i did, so much cheaper!

Grub
2nd March 2007, 21:04
I have a pair of "Power Skin" road boots and I'm wearing the toes of them off ... I want to try and get some toe sliders for those. Was surprised to find that the two bike shops I have asked for them at have looked at me blankly and not understood what I needed.

Southmotian
4th March 2007, 21:24
hi i have forma "revenge" boot, and the toe sliders are worn out and want a new pair.problem is that i cant find any that fit on my boots. im in invercargill so theres not much motorbike shops down here. is there a website or wholesaler or something out there?
Good luck. I got the bike shop where I bought mine to order some, got two lefts. Bought them back, was told sorry and that they'd get it sorted. Received them in the post, both lefts:third: Bought them back again and was told I should have bought some sidi's because forma is crap :angry: Settled for a thick coating of shoe goo. It wears pretty well and has kept the boots going.

fallofalot
5th March 2007, 10:54
I got two sets for free from cycyletreads in Auckland, give them a call. Good service from cycletreads so I don't my giving them some free bling on kiwibiker. They are left and right sided we got cought with that too.

Those forma toe sliders don't seem to last long tho, I wore a new set out on my next race despite having my toes right up on the pegs and my knee hard on the ground..

Good luck....

FROSTY
6th March 2007, 22:25
if ya want scrapers that last forever try the sidi ceramics
They will fit other boots besides sidis but the mounting screw holes might need redrilling

bert_is_evil
13th March 2007, 16:02
HEY WAT UP?!
I asked about new toe sliders once and everyone just assumed I had bad foot positioning!
grumble grumble

Oakie
13th March 2007, 18:40
We were out a Ruapuna a few weeks ago and one of the young fellas we were with had attached a small stone to his boot with duct tape. Did the trick as a short term solution.
Genius? Well maybe, but the same fella ran out of petrol half way through a race so.....

cbr guy
13th March 2007, 20:50
thanks guys, i eventually found a bike shop that had some shipped down for me, although they werent great so i'll know where to get my next pair (hopefully soon) thanks!lol

Disco Dan
15th March 2007, 09:11
HEY WAT UP?!grumble grumble

"hey ernie"

ManDownUnder
15th March 2007, 11:15
"hey ernie"

"yes Bert?"

"...I can see what you had for breakfast..."

idleidolidyll
15th March 2007, 11:22

it might be worth taking your boots in and trying some other toe slider on in the shop.
there's no real reason why you can't just use anything that fits