PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

EZAS
2nd March 2007, 19:50
Can someone please advise me why there are no motorbikes with Cruise Control? Is there a way of limiting the speed on my bike,to stop me accidently breaking 55kmh and then 110kmh. My grandfather told me to take open my wrist up before taking grip of the accelerator, thus stopping me from fully opening the throttle. This hasn't worked at all.
I think having to look down at your speed should be time spent keeping an eye out for pedestrians, non-indicating cars etc + it would be nice to not be constantly paranoid about getting speeding tickets.

Aiolos
2nd March 2007, 20:10
http://www.mccruise.com/
Also, there are a few bikes that come with it from the factory, I believe.

Nasty
2nd March 2007, 20:53
My neighbour built in a cruise control for his bike .. works a dream on his R100 Beemer ;)

redhed
2nd March 2007, 20:58
It's a bastard, all ya doin' is riding safe as ya can, Then those highway robbers pounce. Your right to keep ya eye on the surrounds rather than the speedo ( especially if you like me & need glass's to read !!)
I've got a radar detector with remote helmet indicator, it just keeps you in check when it goes off.
I limit my rides in town.! too many blind tinnies.

Grub
2nd March 2007, 21:16
It must be easy to do with a tranducer on a bit that goes around and around, a little calibration and a beeper ... just like those #&&#@ beepers on the jap import domestic cars where they "bing-bong" at 102 and drive you NUTS!!!

shafty
2nd March 2007, 21:31
In '94 I rode a GL1500 (and trailer) across the USA and the factory cruise control was very handy dandy. Free up ya mitts to use the drink holder etc!!

Boob Johnson
2nd March 2007, 21:36
Use your ears. Learn what 100 sounds like & remember it. Ive had my new bike a matter of days & have it sorted already ;)

White trash
2nd March 2007, 22:19
There are tonnes of bikes with cruise. Look in the latest Harley catalog ferchristsake.

Nothin' better than bombin along on your Road King classic, 110kph, feet on the engine bars, leanin back, givin the fingers to other motorists with both hands.

unhingedlizard
3rd March 2007, 13:02
There are tonnes of bikes with cruise. Look in the latest Harley catalog ferchristsake.

Nothin' better than bombin along on your Road King classic, 110kph, feet on the engine bars, leanin back, givin the fingers to other motorists with both hands.

Even some of the latest yamahas have them

Mrs Busa Pete
3rd March 2007, 14:25
busas have them.