PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki RGV 150 manual

dhunt
15th August 2004, 17:08
Hey does anyone have a service manual for a 2000 model RGV 150 2 stroke. One of my mates has one any was wanting to get a service done on it and is getting quote around ~$150-$180 and might consider doing it himself.

What do you service in two strokes? Spark plug, gearbox oil (possibly), air filter? Bike has done ~12K km's.

Thanks
David

Storm
15th August 2004, 17:12
Why would you want to service a little thing like one of those baked bean cookers? Just sell it and get a new bike :ride:

Two Smoker
15th August 2004, 17:54
Why would you want to service a little thing like one of those baked bean cookers? Just sell it and get a new bike :ride:
Want to take this out on the road/track :stoogie: .......???????? Although it is an RGV not an RG

Ive got the RG 150 Manual, slightly different but only slightly...... Just do the main things, like you said, spark plug (replace and check gap) change gearbox oil, clean airfilter, a big one i found was check the bolts which attach the muffler to engine.... other than that, just imspect all the fuel lines brake lines, chain (look for kinks) sprokets (look for exxcessive wear) tyres, steering head bearings and radiator hoses.... if your real keen change the coolant too.....

Storm
15th August 2004, 19:33
Two Smoker- the reason I got so cheeky is that the bike happens to be my mates and I reckon he will see the posts and get a laugh. I know he is faster away on thr lights than me anyway :laugh:

Two Smoker
15th August 2004, 19:35
Two Smoker- the reason I got so cheeky is that the bike happens to be my mates and I reckon he will see the posts and get a laugh. I know he is faster away on thr lights than me anyway :laugh:
LOL nah its all sweet mate :niceone: just taking the piss back again.....

Storm
15th August 2004, 19:42
So whats the diiference between an RGV and your RV ? ISnt there another RV something model? Which one was the best? I know my mate glenn is faster on takeoff, but my GSX 250 FL has a higher top speed

Two Smoker
15th August 2004, 19:48
There is the RGV150 and RG150.... both different bikes.... for instance the sitting postion (RG is more sports orientated) the RGV has wire wheels not alloy, the RG has better gearing and more power..... Completely different in a way....

There is the RGV250 but we wont go there lol.....

geoffm
15th August 2004, 22:20
There is the RGV150 and RG150.... both different bikes.... for instance the sitting postion (RG is more sports orientated) the RGV has wire wheels not alloy, the RG has better gearing and more power..... Completely different in a way....

There is the RGV250 but we wont go there lol.....

Wasn't one aircooled and the other water cooled (an overbored RMX125 motor)

Don't forget to change the brake fluid once a year -18months or so. Fork oil ditto.
Geoff

Two Smoker
15th August 2004, 22:36
Wasn't one aircooled and the other water cooled (an overbored RMX125 motor)

Don't forget to change the brake fluid once a year -18months or so. Fork oil ditto.
Geoff
Yep that also, RG is water cooled.....could go on but that is going to be boring :wacko:

dhunt
16th August 2004, 14:53
Ive got the RG 150 Manual, slightly different but only slightly...... Just do the main things, like you said, spark plug (replace and check gap) change gearbox oil, clean airfilter, a big one i found was check the bolts which attach the muffler to engine.... other than that, just imspect all the fuel lines brake lines, chain (look for kinks) sprokets (look for exxcessive wear) tyres, steering head bearings and radiator hoses.... if your real keen change the coolant too.....
Thanks, will pass that on to him.

Yours being water cooled would be heavier? His is around the 85kg mark I think.

David

SPORK
21st October 2004, 15:32
Sorry to dig up...

BUT, TS, what don't you want to go there about the RGV250? They look like fine pieces of machinery if you ask me!

pyrocam
10th October 2005, 08:09
hey
so did anyone find one of these? even better an online one. I havent been able to find one anywhere even with my superior knowledge of the internets.

(dig dig dig dig dig)

pyrocam
10th October 2005, 13:57
just got an email back from www.motorcyclemarketplace.co.nz

Ha ah ha...

Oops I mean, "sorry I am currently unable to supply a manual for this model."

No, really, your only hope is the manufacturers, or learn to read Japanese.

Thanks
Steve Green

Motorcycle Marketplace Magazine
Green Enterprises, Workshop Manuals, Trodat Self Inking Stamps & Blitz Labellers

C/o Steve Green,
428 Waitarere Beach Road
R.D. 4. Waitarere Beach
Levin 5500
New Zealand.
Phone: 06-368-8945 or 021-031-6183
Email: stevegreen@xtra.co.nz

SlowHand
10th October 2005, 14:10
well, at least he's honest. Funny how these were sold new here but manuals are rare

pyrocam
4th August 2007, 14:26
I have another RGV now,

I will be taking it to track later possibly. just checking to see if anyone has a manual for one now?

Sidewinder
5th August 2007, 05:45
no the rgv only came out with auto no manul ones in nz