PDA

View Full Version : GN 250

Storm
15th August 2004, 21:47
Great bike for a first timer. Enough power to get you moving, but not so much that you get scared. Another highlight is the lack of protruding stuff to snap off if you sample the tarmac. I had one when I first got my license and it ran like a dream. A simple case of pour the petrol in and go. Started without complaint whether freezing cold or toasty. Had a comfy seat, which is all good when you do the occasional long ride.
The tool kit that comes with the bike is a winner ,as well as the bike being nice and simple to work on. The chrome look isnt too shabby at all.
It was confidence inspiring to ride and the gear selection indicator is great for the first timer who need plenty of help. Nice gear ratios are smooth and progressive. If a little extra go is desired, a quick sprocket change will add top end speed

toads
15th August 2004, 21:54
Another highlight is the lack of protruding stuff to snap off if you sample the tarmac.

hmm I agree with you on all points except the above, I lost count of how many brake levers and indicators I replaced, simply from dropping the bike in driveways while turning that "wheelbarrow" front wheel and having it go out from under me, being so short that my legs couldn't touch the ground was part of the problem

Storm
15th August 2004, 21:59
Thats funny I never had a worry with it- must've been my long legs. Even when I weighed the back down with all my gear it was stable and predictable

Magua
16th August 2004, 08:11
I'm on a gn125, where is the toolkit located?

Posh Tourer :P
16th August 2004, 08:15
Normally either under a side cover,or under the seat if the seat is a key-release type

Motoracer
16th August 2004, 11:31
Yea, great bikes to learn on. I started on a GN125 me self.

Cajun
16th August 2004, 12:16
i started on a gn250 and a kr1s myself. good little bikes for a run about

Magua
16th August 2004, 16:12
Normally either under a side cover,or under the seat if the seat is a key-release type
Found it, it was tucked in below a panel.