PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know another GN rider from Eastbourne?

apteryx_haasti
5th March 2007, 06:24
Good morning everyone.

Does anyone in the Wgtn region know another person (male) who rides a GN from Eastbourne?

I was behind him this morning and pulled up alongside him in Days Bay to try and tell him his tail-light was out. I was trying to decide for about 2 kms if I should try and let him know or not, and that part of the road is so wide I could pull up next to him without crossing the centre line.

I don't know if he got my message although he did nod and give me a thumbs up, but quite possibly just thought I was a bit crazy.

Anyway, the bike's a dark (black or blue) GN - and the rider was wearing dark clothes - making him a bit hard to see in the pre-dawn light (this was a bit before 7pm) without a tail light. Also don't know if the bulb being out would mean he didn't have a brake light either?

So - if you are that GN rider and are reading this - I hope you got my message and weren't just pissed off wondering what the heck I was up to.

sunhuntin
5th March 2007, 08:56
good on ya for at least trying. communication is hard without forcing them to pull over. im pretty sure no tail light means no brake light. hopefully someone here knows, or is, this rider, and can fix it before they get hurt.

judecatmad
5th March 2007, 09:34
Does anyone in the Wgtn region know another person (male) who rides a GN from Eastbourne?

I pulled up alongside him.

He did nod and give me a thumbs up.

So - if you are that GN rider and are reading this - I hope you got my message

Ah, Fiona, you'll do anything just to meet new guys won't you....?? :rofl:

Steam
5th March 2007, 09:35
Brm Brrmmmm! GN250, I see a couple zooming thru Days Bay occasionally.
The tail-lights are like headlights, they have 2 filaments in the bulb, once one of my filaments went, and the other one was okay for braking. The broken filament lay accross the intact filament and caused a strobing flicker. It was weird!

Dooly
5th March 2007, 09:40
My stepson rides one of those to work each day down there.
Think he's in Kelburn?
Is that near Eastbourne?

Steam
5th March 2007, 09:50
Think he's in Kelburn?
Is that near Eastbourne?

Mmmm, no. It's about 20kms away.:third:

Lucy
5th March 2007, 10:21
Mmmm, no. It's about 20kms away.:third:

Dats funny, out South East Auckland where I am that answer would be 'yeah that's only about 20ks away'

Shadows
5th March 2007, 23:33
Dats funny, out South East Auckland where I am that answer would be 'yeah that's only about 20ks away'

The difference is that in this case most of the 20km's are distinctly nautical.

Jizah
9th March 2007, 11:40
Next time you Eastbourne people see a male NZPost Postie flying around there on his Honda CT110, feel free to stop him and give him food.
Cheers.

Guitana
9th March 2007, 11:50
He might think you are stalking him!!!! But if he rides a GN 250 he deserves evrything he gets!!!!

Steam
9th March 2007, 12:02
But if he rides a GN 250 he deserves evrything he gets!!!!

Guitana must die!

Guitana
9th March 2007, 12:05
Guitana must die!
Too late i died after i got married!!!
I'll race ya for your bike!!!!!