PDA

View Full Version : Old Pics from Talladega US - Molloy a winner

merv
16th August 2004, 08:26
These pics just appeared on Soup if you are interested - http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/talladega71/

Motu
16th August 2004, 09:11
He's sitting there with some pretty impressive names alright - Carruthers and Rayborn.Caruthers was maybe one of the most influential guys of the period,but like,who the hell is he? Wild Dave Aldana,before the ''skeleton'' leathers.

merv
16th August 2004, 12:51
The skeleton leathers are here http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/aug2004/j/

but so is Fogarty and that might put some people off.

Carruthers did a hell of a job tuning KR Snrs bikes after he quit racing himself.

LB
17th August 2004, 05:44
Great stuff Merv, thanks. when do you get time to find all this stuff?

merv
17th August 2004, 07:56
Superbikeplanet.com is one of the sites I check regularly for news and they keep posting old archive stuff too. Wonder when they'll show Geoff Perry or Graeme Crosby?

LB
18th August 2004, 05:35
Or Kim Newcombe - see they're having a memorial race for him soon? (latest MCTN)

pogo
23rd January 2005, 06:21
hi...my name is pete edwards and i used to race a kawa h2 in the 70's with collison,crosby,williams,freeth,eric bone and many others.do you have any pics of that era or know a site/person that may have any..i'd love to get hold of some.i've got a few shots of the club cct at pukekohe,bay park along with some street shots at porirua,hamilton,and various other locs.....regards,pete

merv
23rd January 2005, 08:21
hi...my name is pete edwards and i used to race a kawa h2 in the 70's with collison,crosby,williams,freeth,eric bone and many others.do you have any pics of that era or know a site/person that may have any..i'd love to get hold of some.i've got a few shots of the club cct at pukekohe,bay park along with some street shots at porirua,hamilton,and various other locs.....regards,pete

I'm short of pics from the '70s because I was a poor student then and didn't have a decent camera. Any pics you have I'd love to see them posted here.