PDA

View Full Version : F1 Engineering crash bobbins - anyone using them?

Pwalo
6th March 2007, 07:15
I was thinking about getting a set of the F1 bobbins for the SV. Just wondered if anyone else had used them on their bikes, and if so what you thought of them.

They certainly look pretty good are are a reasonable price. Certainly would be good to buy a local product.

bistard
6th March 2007, 07:18
yes,I had a set on my R6 when I raced it,fitted well,price was good & When
Jay crashed it they stood up well
I would reccomend them for sure
I am not using them now as would have to cut holes in my road fairings,did not mind with the fibreglass race fairing

CBobR
6th March 2007, 07:40
I had some no-fairing-cut ones on my 636.
Good price, nicely engineered, held up well when I lowsided at ~70kmph (a shame the bike then slid into a ditch and scratched everything up in gravel).
Very pleased with them, and have heard good things from others too.

The Stranger
6th March 2007, 07:43
I was thinking about getting a set of the F1 bobbins for the SV. Just wondered if anyone else had used them on their bikes, and if so what you thought of them.

They certainly look pretty good are are a reasonable price. Certainly would be good to buy a local product.

They fitted mine to the Blackbird as I wasn't keen on cutting the fairing myself.
Was pleased with the service, the product and the price.

In the end they didn't help much, but in reality all bets are off in anything other than a low speed drop.

ArcherWC
6th March 2007, 09:05
Good product and great service from F1, I would highly recommend them

HenryDorsetCase
6th March 2007, 09:07

I have crash tested a set and they flat out work. Check the photo I posted here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=945692#post945692)

I think the crash bung saved a hole in the engine cover, my fuel tank and probably radiator.

good to deal with, and was happy to sell me a replacement for the one I wore through.

You won't go wrong.

Shaun
6th March 2007, 09:35
They are exellent and are made in New Zealand

Pwalo
7th March 2007, 07:23
Thanks guys. They look the way to go.

Pumba
7th March 2007, 07:30
Put a set of F1 crash bungs on my SV. Haveent had he need to use them yet but are certinly a top notch product. I did have a small issue being that the new engine mount bolt was slightly to long, but I ust called them up and a free corrier package latter it was sorted.

Highly recomeded, and buying Kiwi made, just to make Uncle Helen Proud:niceone:

Toast
7th March 2007, 10:26
I'm still not convinced about crash bungs, at least not for racetrack use. Seen too many bikes get flipped big time once they hit the soft stuff. Causing more damage than there would have been without them.

Do manufacturers test them in this scenario?

Shaun
7th March 2007, 11:17
I'm still not convinced about crash bungs, at least not for racetrack use. Seen too many bikes get flipped big time once they hit the soft stuff. Causing more damage than there would have been without them.

I agree RE the Race track

Pwalo
7th March 2007, 12:45

Good point. I'm only after them for the low speed, oh bugger moments. My bike spends it's time commuting (mainly).

Toast
7th March 2007, 14:25
Good point. I'm only after them for the low speed, oh bugger moments. My bike spends it's time commuting (mainly).

Yeah, for the road, all good. Wish I'd had 'em on my pristine ZX-6R when I dropped it at 4km/h on the wet, muddy, polished concrete of a Foodtown carpark.

cowpoos
7th March 2007, 14:47

I agree RE the Race track

then again....my bike went flipping into the scenery from a slide on the rack without crash bungs...probally a rare occurance by the sounds though!

Toast
7th March 2007, 15:00
then again....my bike went flipping into the scenery from a slide on the rack without crash bungs...probally a rare occurance by the sounds though!

Eye-wtinesses said that it was your tassels getting caught in the wheels that caused it.