PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead Trail ride Cancelled

Henk
6th March 2007, 16:27
Due to fire risk the Riverhead trail ride this sunday 11 march has been canceled.

Danger
6th March 2007, 22:47
Damn! Didn't even know this event was on, and I'm disapointed its been cancelled as I always like to ride Riverhead. We used to get emails from WMCC to tell us of these events but not any more it seems. I really enjoyed the ride a few weeks back in Riverhead.
I heard that its supposed to rain tomorrow (believe it when I see it) so perhaps there is hope still for the weekend?

chris
7th March 2007, 08:09
I heard that its supposed to rain tomorrow (believe it when I see it) so perhaps there is hope still for the weekend?
Unlikely in reality. We've just had to cancel the Fools Day Trail Ride in Woodhill on 1st April for the same reasons. Maps of where the trails will go have to be presented to the forest owners weeks in advance for approval. It may rain for the whole week before the planned date but if we can't get in there now, we have to cancel it. Gonna be a few more cancelled rides to come I reckon. There will also be no Woodhill twilight rides for the next few weeks but check with Greg just in case.

T-Thunder13
16th March 2007, 17:14
oh noooo! man i was looking forward to the fools trail ride in woodhill. glad i read that on here. ah well. at least i live in woodhill so no big drama for me.

GR81
17th March 2007, 08:39
oh noooo! man i was looking forward to the fools trail ride in woodhill. glad i read that on here. ah well. at least i live in woodhill so no big drama for me.
they were talking about last weekend!

Danger
17th March 2007, 09:15
No no no the fools trailride is on April Fools day you fool! 1st of April. But according to Chris they cannot run this because they could not submit maps of the area used.
Anyway Woodhill is open again now, and Greg Powers Twilight rides are back on!

T-Thunder13
18th March 2007, 18:02
No no no the fools trailride is on April Fools day you fool! 1st of April.

hahaha!
woodhill also has been closed due to fire risk. amen to the rain