PDA

View Full Version : Adventure on the way to work?

XP@
7th March 2007, 15:31
I was wandering to a clients site at 9am this morning and noticed a DR650 in one of the bike parks.

Nothing unusual in a DR650 being in town, but the green stuff next to the side stand made me wonder just how much fun it had getting there.

Can anyone else claim an interesting commute?

tipper
13th March 2007, 10:27
the branch is wired to the sidestand,, a bit like screwing your surfboard to the roof-rack

XP@
13th March 2007, 10:39
the branch is wired to the sidestand,, a bit like screwing your surfboard to the roof-rack

I guess coming from jafa land you would think that...

But no, I checked and it had indeed been on a "small deviation" on the way to work, and being a DR insists on it frequently.

I can't believe no one else does takes the more interesting path to or from the boring place that pays for you bikes!

Before it was filled up with houses I used to take my XT through the Aotea block, or sometimes up and over the hill opposite home.

Admittedly I havn't done much in the way of deviations of late... but i am due a new tire soon so...

klingon
13th March 2007, 11:18
That's a lovely pic. All the bikes and scooters lined up (a great sight in itself) and one with a bit of a naughty secret. lol.

chris
13th March 2007, 12:28
Can anyone else claim an interesting commute?
For the last few days, yes.

XP@
13th March 2007, 13:24
enlighten over which rough road did you pass?

bungbung
13th March 2007, 13:27
See Tinakori Hill in the background of the picture?

That is the interesting deviation. (Just don't get caught)

chris
13th March 2007, 13:32
enlighten over which rough road did you pass?
They're all rough out West... Nothing too spectacular, just some local gravel.

cooneyr
13th March 2007, 18:00

Droool - you got one of those?

Cheers R

clint640
13th March 2007, 18:29

Yeah baby! I'm scared to ride one of those lest I have to sell my my soul to to the devil to own one. Good sense tells me to wait for the 690 Enduro, the voices in my head say BUY THE 950SE NOW!

I have a pretty good commute once a week at least when I go out to Reporoa: 4x4 track & a few optional twisty roads.

Cheers
Clint

cooneyr
13th March 2007, 20:07
......Yeah baby! I'm scared to ride one of those lest I have to sell my my soul to to the devil to own one. Good sense tells me to wait for the 690 Enduro, the voices in my head say BUY THE 950SE NOW! ......

Anybody actually have any info about the 690 enduro? My soul is currently a house deposit damn it!

Cheer R

chris
14th March 2007, 08:22
I'm scared to ride one of those lest I have to sell my my soul to to the devil to own one
So you should be, Clint. You will want to own one.

the voices in my head say BUY THE 950SE NOWThey're not wrong.