PDA

View Full Version : this is what we are up against

kevfromcoro
7th March 2007, 19:31
hello to all..and just like to say wot a great forrum this is..can stick anything in here,,and no-one gives a shit,,good stuff,,well me and the missus decided to have a bit of a break..go for a holiday..went over to Rotorua..for a couple of days....had a great time,, eating and doing all the usuall things,left about 2 this avo.about 20 ks out of rotorua ,a red comadore flys past me..like iam going backwards.i was doing a good 100ks,,,nearly hit an on coming car..we keep going.. about another 10ks a guy flags me down...i slow down.and here is the comadore..snotted a truck.big mutha...must of just happened.there were 2 young girls driving it.2 maori ladys turned up ,,and did the 1st aid bit.wot a mess,,, the 2 girls were jammed in the car ...bits of the car all over the road...went and had a look..blood all down the gutter,we cleaned up the mess on the road..and started directing traffic,thank god 4 cell phones..about 4 people dialed 111.wot an erie feeling..we were out in the middle of no where....and unable to do anything.....took about half an hour 4 the resscue service to turn up.when we left.. had cut the driver out..after 1 hr the passenger was still stuck...the fire servces were attending to that.we got back in the car...and proceded our journey...missus says to me,,,did u see that empty bottle of rum in the car...these girls would of only been 20 yrs old.imagine if they had copped a few of us...drink and drive....maybe the cops are right.......bit of a mess...can still c this the look on the 2 girls faces....makes me sick.....RIDE SAFE..KEV

onearmedbandit
7th March 2007, 19:44
Yup, it's all just a numbers game. You can increase the odds in your favour, but you'll never completely eliminate the risk.

Jeff Sichoe
7th March 2007, 20:07
Drinking your ass off and speeding round in a car huh?

Sounds like a great afternoon!

Pity about the whole getting mangled thing they've got going on however...

(just be glad they didn't mangle you up too, mate!)

enigma51
7th March 2007, 20:22
Yup, it's all just a numbers game. You can increase the odds in your favour, but you'll never completely eliminate the risk.

So true. :dodge:

cowboyz
7th March 2007, 20:33
worst thing about it is that the accident (typed loosely) will be recorded as a speed issue justifying the next 110km/hr speeding ticket that will be handed out.

Tried real hard but somehow just can't manage any sympathy here.

Steam
7th March 2007, 20:35
Gimmie red bling, but I reckon those two in the car
got
exactly
what
they
deserved.

So sue me.

98tls
7th March 2007, 20:39
Not belittling your thread at all kev but that shits been going on for years...and years........glad they took themselves out and not you.......with a bit of luck they will learn a lesson.........i watch the news when theres an up roar about all the drink drivers on the road.......jesus they have been there for years.......maybe not so visible in the main centers as its a numbers game but in small town new zealand its been going on and continues to go on every weekend..........a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face....they lower the drinking age then act surprised when young people drive cars pissed..........this country is run by utter idiots.......remember the 3 strike rule with drink driving........in this small town anyway i have yet to see someone go away on there 3rd.........seems if you have had an unhappy childhood or similar your allowed another 2 or 3 cracks at it.

Donor
7th March 2007, 20:46
got
exactly
what
they
deserved.

So sue me.

If ya wanna red bling Steam, throw me one too.

Sick of it, this will somehow be traced back to some injustice/trauma one of the poor wee things has been through in their formative years.

The maker of the brand of rum will be sued for providing the necessities to be a moron.

Holden will be sued for similar reasons.

Transit will get pinged for making the roads they were driving on.

Meanwhile, the girls will probably receive counseling, and an ACC lump sum payout.

scumdog
7th March 2007, 20:55
If I came across that scene off duty I would just about have spat on the two girls and driven off.......

And bring back the old drink-driving penalty - the one where FIRST conviction gets you a MINIMUM of three years disqualification..(thought of that after reading 98TLS's post above)

Daffyd
7th March 2007, 21:22
If I came across that scene off duty I would just about have spat on the two girls and driven off.......

And bring back the old drink-driving penalty - the one where FIRST conviction gets you a MINIMUM of three years disqualification..(thought of that after reading 98TLS's post above)

The problem here is that disqualification means f***all. They will just carry on driving. When I was in the prison service (many years ago) the place was half full of kids on second, third, and fourth caharges of disqualified driving.
I think disqualified drivers should lose the cars they are driving.

98tls
7th March 2007, 21:30
I think the problem is and maybe a few coppers that read this will agree.......theres all these rules in place........the cops are pulling them up etc but when they go to court the whole system turns to shit.....its seems the judges in this country for some reason will not use all thats at there disposal and would rather fire pistols at tanks...........crazy...........

Pixie
8th March 2007, 00:13
got
exactly
what
they
deserved.

So sue me.

No they didn't.
It sounded like they were still alive

Lou Girardin
8th March 2007, 05:51
got
exactly
what
they
deserved.

So sue me.

Not quite. They lived.

Disco Dan
8th March 2007, 06:00
Glad to hear your both safe, horrible to hear about such things... although no-one (no matter how stupid) deserves to die.

Edbear
8th March 2007, 07:20
Not quite. They lived.

In some circumstances it's worse to survive. They may have got what they deserved, but the truck driver didn't...

This is the problem, it's the innocents who cop it too! Little sympathy for them, naturally, but I do wonder just what it takes for these young ones to ever learn! They continue to drink and drive and show off regardless how hard-hitting the Authorities try to make the message!

Certainly, confiscation, permanent, of the vehicle, regardless of ownership unless it's stolen, should be mandatory!