PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Rusty Nuts 1000 miler Premier Movie 13 April

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
8th March 2007, 09:21
Important news, the premier of the Rusty Nuts 20th Grand Challenge (1000 miler) Documentary is being shown on:

Friday 13th April, at 8pm, at the Realto Theatre in Wakefield Street, Wellington.

Tickets will be for sale from tomorrow on www.nitro.co.nz.

Please come and support this film (we are trying to break even).

Friday the 13th is important to us, it is 6 months since we started filming on Friday 13th October 2006.

We would appreciate it if you could send this on to all your bike friendly contacts, it is a really good entertaining film made with the co-operation of all the riders who took part in, and the hard working Rusty Nuts members who organize the Grand Challenge every October.

Lee Rusty
8th March 2007, 21:08
is Sat 14th 6pm at the Academy theatre (under Library)
There is a group ride into town from Motohaus Tyres
less than 200 seats available .
tickets $25 - $20 for any Grand Challenge Finishers over the last 20 years

Group discount is a possibility if groups of 10 or more - as Lee rustyinfo@rustynuts.co.nz or PM me thru this site.

Let your m/c friends know -

Ms Piggy
9th March 2007, 07:55
Sounds good! I shall try to make it. Can you put it on the calendar please :)

"D" FZ1
9th March 2007, 08:44
How about a screening in Hamilton ?????

Lee Rusty
9th March 2007, 21:44
is 100 kms from Auckland - and you have a m/c - 6pm showing AK - be home in bed by 10pm
this is a doc about people who ride 1000 miles in a 24 hour period and the work that makes such an even the great challenge it is

go on its a only a hundred ks or so - take a dive into real riding

or you could buy your own copy and watch when ever y ou like

elle-f
11th March 2007, 09:05
Damn I am sorry I cant make it - the hurricanes are playing in Welly that night. Hope all goes well:)

Smoggie
16th March 2007, 04:11
Will check my shifts today. Hope to make it.

XP@
29th March 2007, 09:13
I'll be there!

but only in person in Wellington...

Hitcher
29th March 2007, 22:12
Rialto Theatre. And "Go the Canes!"

Lee Rusty
9th April 2007, 20:00
I will see you guys there - what would a welly wood premier be with out the Boss Rusty Flying back for Auckland show on the Sat nite

Lee Rusty
9th April 2007, 20:05
To Auckland Riders - hope to see you there - oh yeah if you are looking for tickets in Auckland - Motohaus tyres - ALso Kerry has some sponsor tickets for people making purchases this week - and he is using the shop as a gathering point for riders who want to ride into the city for the movie together. There will be tickets on sale at the Acadamy on the nite - showing starts at 6pm

Ms Piggy
13th April 2007, 11:10
Just wondering if many are going to this tonight?

Too cold & wet to ride so why not come and watch what (I am hoping) will be a very entertaining movie!

Hitcher
13th April 2007, 11:35
Unfortunately I have a prior commitment at The Stadium (Canes vs Cheetahs). I'll be shivering in the cold while those at the "Premier" will be warmly munching popcorn.

The DVD should provide a bit of insight into what the GC is all about, along with a few cameos from KB participants...

KoroJ
13th April 2007, 13:13
Just wondering if many are going to this tonight?

I'm dragging Nanny Ann out for my one time opportunity on a big screen. XP@ will be there for the same reason, otherwise I have no idea what the response has been like.

James Deuce
13th April 2007, 22:27
Well done on hiding your starring role there, Mr Hitcher.

Nice Job XP@ and all the people who completed it.

Good work you Rusty Nuts fellas.

Good job on the film (pronounced filim) itself Nic, Tim and the rest of youse film house types.

Nice to bump into some long lost acquaintances, and thanks to pzkpfw for dragging me out, and even introducing me to some people. Very brave of him.

BMW - where were you? I had to buy my own coffee :)

Ms Piggy
13th April 2007, 22:51
Yeah great stuff everyone! Fabulous seeing a few Kiwibikers - Holy Roller, Zaph, Hitcher (a starring role indeed), Mangell6 and some others that I haven't met sorry. Oh! And how abut that 70 years young man - he didn't look 70! (OMG! I'm half that age now!)

Great stuff Tim & Nick and Lee :rockon:

KoroJ
14th April 2007, 14:44
Even though I have my copy of the DVD, I enjoyed watching it on the big screen. It was also good to hear the comments etc from those that hadn't seen it before. Just a pity there weren't more there to enjoy it and get an idea of what the 1000 miler is all about.

Good on ya Rustys & Nitro.