PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Ribs!!

SlipperyOZ
8th March 2007, 22:36
This is to Fleethaul and Ruralman, Jantar, Spanzzy, MT et al!!

Finally carried my carcass down to the Dr back here in OZ as these ribs were still giving me grief! The hip is only mildly sore :whocares: Anyway the X-Ray shows I have two broken ribs... Guess I should've had the X-Rays done in NZ where they wouldn't have cost me anything and where Ruralman tricked me into seeing his quack!! :yes: Oh well at least I got to do the rest of the ride with you guys... Kind of having withdrawls actually!! I MISS YOU GUYS :crybaby:

scumdog
8th March 2007, 22:41
Where did you arse-up?
Was it Nelson way or where??

Jantar
8th March 2007, 22:44
He flipped his bike on the Molesworth Rd. http://fleethaul.smugmug.com/photos/130269715-L.jpg

scumdog
8th March 2007, 22:51
He flipped his bike on the Molesworth Rd. http://fleethaul.smugmug.com/photos/130269715-L.jpg

Wot a show-off!!

Oiling his chain was he?

The Duck 01
8th March 2007, 23:02
Well Slippery i guess you should have used our health system i have with a number of my dirtbike racing misfortunes:mellow:
Damn good to hear you are still moving just,and like you haven't really got back into work yet,but i have been doing alot of planning for my trip around your wee land:gob:
Fleethaul is real keen to come over for a couple of weeks with me so Look Out this could start a flood of the tight five to come over:dodge:
It was all good fun on the Passes ride and i'm starting to do laps and getting GPS setting for Aussie.
So with not that many weeks to cage the Tiger and ship it to Sydney early May:yes:

:Punk: Did you say fish starts to smell after three days so we won't stay long and go looking for dirt roads :scooter
Take Care and keep it shiney side up rubber side down
:bye:

oldrider
9th March 2007, 15:58
Hi SlipperyOZ, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, you took a bit of a risk with that, could have been worse if the ribs had done any internal damage!

You can check your tyre pressures with the bike on the centre stand OK but then again you are from Sydney and you guy's have you own little ways over there.

It was nice meeting you, looking forward to seeing you again sometime. :yes: Cheers, Pip and John.

PS: Did you know that I contracted "Duck's disease" after that week end at Naseby? It's very contagious it seems.

Macktheknife
9th March 2007, 17:11
Bugger! That is a great photo mate, pity about it being yours though.

fleethaul
10th March 2007, 21:11
The rider of this BM had a stroke going over the karamea bluff road. We were about 2 bends in front but still heard him hit the armco

http://fleethaul.smugmug.com/photos/51286931-M.jpg

http://fleethaul.smugmug.com/photos/51286924-M.jpg

Broken Ribs and a punctured lung.

The bike couldn't be ridden because of this
http://fleethaul.smugmug.com/photos/51286927-M.jpg

Like slippery it took a couple of weeks to find out he had the broken ribs and about three months and a head scan to work out he had actually had a stroke.
Motorcyclists must be tough bastards

He is fine now though but sore at the time.

SlipperyOZ
11th March 2007, 00:30
Well Slippery i guess you should have used our health system i have with a number of my dirtbike racing misfortunes:mellow:
Damn good to hear you are still moving just,and like you haven't really got back into work yet,but i have been doing alot of planning for my trip around your wee land:gob:
Fleethaul is real keen to come over for a couple of weeks with me so Look Out this could start a flood of the tight five to come over:dodge:
It was all good fun on the Passes ride and i'm starting to do laps and getting GPS setting for Aussie.
So with not that many weeks to cage the Tiger and ship it to Sydney early May:yes:

:Punk: Did you say fish starts to smell after three days so we won't stay long and go looking for dirt roads :scooter
Take Care and keep it shiney side up rubber side down
:bye:Ah mate... You can stay as long as you like MT cause you won't be staying at my place:lol: Only because I have a suite for you at the ponderosa right next door to the pub mate! :apint: Make sure you hang around long enough for some of the boys to take you for a ride or two out of Sydney... You sending your scoot to Sydney or Melbourne first??

Slip

Ruralman
11th March 2007, 20:40
This is to Fleethaul and Ruralman, Jantar, Spanzzy, MT et al!!

Finally carried my carcass down to the Dr back here in OZ as these ribs were still giving me grief! The hip is only mildly sore :whocares: Anyway the X-Ray shows I have two broken ribs... Guess I should've had the X-Rays done in NZ where they wouldn't have cost me anything and where Ruralman tricked me into seeing his quack!! :yes: Oh well at least I got to do the rest of the ride with you guys... Kind of having withdrawls actually!! I MISS YOU GUYS :crybaby:

I did not trick you - I did kind of insist, if only to try and get rid of that pained expression off your face everytime you tried to do anything.
Hope things are improving - would love to give you a big hug mate, and then squeeze a little bit, and then a little bit more - just to see that agonized expression once more!!!!! LOL:Punk:

SlipperyOZ
12th March 2007, 22:56
I did not trick you - I did kind of insist, if only to try and get rid of that pained expression off your face everytime you tried to do anything.
Hope things are improving - would love to give you a big hug mate, and then squeeze a little bit, and then a little bit more - just to see that agonized expression once more!!!!! LOL:Punk:Yeah very funny farmboy!! :laugh: :laugh: So how is life down in the central Otago? Getting cooler? Did you get the courage up to buy that Tiger??

Ruralman
13th March 2007, 21:29
Yeah very funny farmboy!! :laugh: :laugh: So how is life down in the central Otago? Getting cooler? Did you get the courage up to buy that Tiger??

Now if you were to buy my Transalp and leave it in my garage for your Kiwi excursions :yes: :yes: I might indeed be moved to invest in a bigger toy, but not 100% convinced it would be a Tiger actually.

SlipperyOZ
13th March 2007, 23:04
MATE!!! Firstly I just can't get my head around the sewing machine sound your toy bike makes :laugh: :laugh: Secondly... I have a great pic of you on a R1200GSA and it looks like a great fit!! :first:

Ruralman
14th March 2007, 07:33
MATE!!! Firstly I just can't get my head around the sewing machine sound your toy bike makes :laugh: :laugh: Secondly... I have a great pic of you on a R1200GSA and it looks like a great fit!! :first:

Geez Bruce, never give a f'ing Aussie a chance to use their cruel streak and put the knife in :nono: - must be my brain is still damaged from the rattling it got from the 110 Db noise rattling out of the tin cans you call mufflers on the back of the white whale.:finger: :lol:

SlipperyOZ
18th March 2007, 00:16
Geez Bruce, never give a f'ing Aussie a chance to use their cruel streak and put the knife in :nono: - must be my brain is still damaged from the rattling it got from the 110 Db noise rattling out of the tin cans you call mufflers on the back of the white whale.:finger: :lol:Ah you sheep farmers are all pussies!! :bleh: :bleh: I just need to hear the bike so I know I'm riding it mate! Scare off those monster Black sheep you guys are breeding down there :shit: :shit: You just keep rattling around on the old farmbike mate and leave us Aussies to flip their big GSA bikes on their backs till they shout "UNCLE"!!! :bash:

Ruralman
19th March 2007, 16:20
Ah you sheep farmers are all pussies!! :bleh: :bleh: I just need to hear the bike so I know I'm riding it mate! Scare off those monster Black sheep you guys are breeding down there :shit: :shit: You just keep rattling around on the old farmbike mate and leave us Aussies to flip their big GSA bikes on their backs till they shout "UNCLE"!!! :bash:

WE're just breeding those mutant black sheep to protect the other sheep from an invasion of Aussies riding our wonderful little country who still have a hankering for a bit of "Outback Blonde":buggerd:

- You need to hear your bike to know you're riding it??????? You're going to be in deep shit if you go deaf then!!!
And all that noise won't scare out mutant sheep mate - it will just be another training noise to them, they'll look up and think, hmmmm, skippy for dinner!!:Punk:

Hope that big BMW ride goes well and this time let someone else provide the upside down entertainment aye - look forward to a live banter session next time your over:drinknsin