PDA

View Full Version : 21 or 22 / 06/ 2003

KiwiDan
18th June 2003, 17:05
If the weathers fine will be heading out, not sure where, any ideas welcome, No main drag slogs plz, If Sats weather is a bust will try Sun.

Post back here or call me 021 68 4435

Dan

PS, Me New Scooter

Dam thing was sposed to attach a photo, well never mind

Duke of Rogan
18th June 2003, 17:30
I'm very keen to get out this Saturday for a ride, not sure what the forcast is though.

I live in Browns Bay, so was thinking of going north to Silverdale, then across to Kaukapakapa (spell?) then either north again to Wellsford on H16, or south through Helensville, Kumeu then inland via Riverhead and Coatsville.

This way I get a good ride and never have to go on the motorway :sleep:

Marmoot
18th June 2003, 18:11
Either Whangamata or Waingaro.
I'll go if it's Saturday :D

Antallica
18th June 2003, 19:45
Not a slowpokes ride then eh? ;)

Damn, I've got to goto a ball on Friday night... I'm out anyway :(

KiwiDan
18th June 2003, 21:38
Was thinking puke, tuakau, wainaro, kawhia ????

PS> All welcome, fast , slow, short tall, man woman etc

Yamahamaman
18th June 2003, 23:42
Duke of Rogan - How about meeting at Albany then up the hill left at the BP station thru to Coatsville, right at the roundabout then up thru the Old North road connecting with SH 16 to Wellsford. Still no motorways... :beer:

Coldkiwi
19th June 2003, 04:59
so i presume you've ditched the idea of buying a plane then dan? pity... it would've been one of the few things quicker than your old bike! hows the k3 treating you? (I am almost certain you're thrashing the life out of it)

BigB
19th June 2003, 07:15
Hi Dan

I'd be in for a ride, but can't make Saturday. :(

let us know what you decide

cheers

Duke of Rogan
19th June 2003, 09:25
Originally posted by Yamahamaman
Duke of Rogan - How about meeting at Albany then up the hill left at the BP station thru to Coatsville, right at the roundabout then up thru the Old North road connecting with SH 16 to Wellsford. Still no motorways... :beer:

that sounds good, I've driven Old North road, but not ridden yet (only had 2nd bike for just over 2 months).

I'll only go if its Saturday and its not raining, and don't expect me to keep up, I'm still learning the ropes (and the corners etc)

meet in Albany at 10:00AM ? In the village car-park? :rockon:

PS. my friends just call me "Rogan" :cool:

Duke of Rogan
19th June 2003, 09:29
Originally posted by KiwiDan
Was thinking puke, tuakau, wainaro, kawhia ????

:Oops: we must live on opposite sides of the bridge :(

KiwiDan
19th June 2003, 19:19
hi all, weathers looking good for sat, Big B, drop what ya doin and make it !!!!!

That goes for ya all,

Yes the plane is off for now but still on the mind, plenty of time hehehe

meeting place ??

BP pap say 9 or 10 ?????

Yamahamaman
19th June 2003, 19:59
Originally posted by Duke of Rogan
meet in Albany at 10:00AM ? In the Pub car-park (easier)? :rockon: :cool:

Works for me, but you call it Rogan. Phone me on 021 618496 if you wanna ride and give me about 20 minutes to make it to Albany.

Most call me Murray (until they get to know me) :D

bikerboy
19th June 2003, 20:53
Hey Duke of Rogan and Yamahamaman, mind if I tag along. I need to get out while the weather is good.

Let's see, your going 10 am from Albany and heading north, right?

:niceone:

MikeL
19th June 2003, 21:22
Hmmm.... decisions, decisions. Ride north? Ride south? Meet at Albany? Meet at Papakura? Can't be in 2 places at once.
Only one solution: stay at home. No, wait, I've just remembered: got to go to Tauranga on Saturday...
Damn. Some other time...:argh:

Yamahamaman
19th June 2003, 21:55
Originally posted by bikerboy
Hey Duke of Rogan and Yamahamaman, mind if I tag along.

:niceone:
C'mon maybe we should ask you that question, Duke and I would be humbled in the presence of a 996 and also keeping in mind of course that our 'Kiwibiker-forum-status' is that of "L-Plate Rider" :argh:

Yeah - you're most welcome (speaking for myself anyway).

:rockon:

Marmoot
19th June 2003, 22:00
KiwiDan: Let's meet at Clevedon Shell instead so we can go through Hunua and that means extra 70kms of twisting fun :)

Hunua + Waingaro. I'll Show the way to connect from SH2 to Mercer.

Yamahamaman
19th June 2003, 22:13
Originally posted by MikeL
Blessed be to those that go to Tauranga on Saturday's...

Have a good weekend MikeL - maybe catch up with you some other time. :)

Andrew
19th June 2003, 22:44
As soon as I get a bigger bike, just try stop me. Till then have fun! :argh:

KiwiDan
20th June 2003, 04:35
C'mon boys, focus, the ride north is a bit short for my liking, get ya selves down to pap and we'll rip off 400 k's of some amazing cop free roads.

Its hard enough orginizing a get together without splitting it in two.

PS. I will ride sunday as well so anyone who cant make sat, I guess we'll meet sun, same bat time, same bat channel,, KAPOW !!

PPS, Me new Scooter

PPPS , L Plate just means we ride more than we talk on this site, SOME DO, SOME TALK.

Antallica
20th June 2003, 06:44
Love that GSXR dude.... yeah I'm a net whore. But I ride every day so it works for me.

Can't wait till I can biff the weekend job, then I can catch up with you guys and go for a ride.

BigB
20th June 2003, 07:38
Hi Dan

Can't drop what I'm doing, want to be able to see where I'm going!! (need new eyes) it tends to help and I would hate to run into anyone.

But am now very confused where will you be leaving from on Sunday if weather fine.

:beer:

Duke of Rogan
20th June 2003, 08:57
Hey Duke of Rogan and Yamahamaman, mind if I tag along. I need to get out while the weather is good.

Let's see, your going 10 am from Albany and heading north, right?

yup, thats the plan unless you feel like an all day ride then meet Kiwidan and Marmoot to go south.

so anyone else wanting to go this way, meet at Albany pub carpark at 1000 hours, leaving at about 1030.

PS. nice ride Bikerboy, I watched the SuperBikes on Sky last night, and as I recall, all the bikes in the top 10 (maybe 8) were Duke's apart from a GSXR1000 who could only manage 2nd. :p

PPS. I'll txt you Yamahamaman (Murray), but unless its pissing down I'm sure to be there

ScottieX
20th June 2003, 14:02
Hi all,

If the weather is OK, I may try & tag along with either group - North or South. Was down in Whanga on my own last Saturday - hooked up with the crowd who were down that way, & rode with them on the way back. Nice ride behind a GSXR1000 through the Tairua forest.

semprini
20th June 2003, 16:12
Greetings all,

Just joined up so I thought I'd make my presence known. Keen for a ride on saturday.

Hmmm, The North or South ride... Which one has more twisties??

:confused:

Btw: I've still got run-in oil in the bike so I can't push...

Duke of Rogan
20th June 2003, 16:22
I'm not too sure about the South ride, but I would guess its got more corners (esp. Hunua and K gorge if they go that far)

I'm no mean road racer, so if you're still running in your motor maybe the trip north will suit better.

SH16 has a good section of twists, mostly from Glorit to Tauhoa, and I know the Old North road has a few deceptive curves. Probably do the return trip in around 4 hours maybe?? (with refreshment stop of course)

ScottieX
20th June 2003, 16:29
I would probably favour North also - round trip coming back on SH1 is about 250kms. Have done that road 3 times in the last five or so weekends. Nice road surface, & nice lookout point towards the end. Usually not too much of a busy road, although I have seen a patrol car through there on a long weekend ( a little after doing 200kph ):Oops:

semprini
20th June 2003, 16:36
Sounds good, see you all in Albany...
May have to skip out early as I have to get to work early afternoon.

ScottieX
20th June 2003, 16:39
If the weather is dodgy, I won't be there. I can't complain, as I have ridden about six weekends in a row so far. In my old age I have developped an aversion for rain.:)

KiwiDan
20th June 2003, 16:44
A quick note regarding WSB,, If the suzi wasnt restricted the duc's would be on the menu like they used tobe yrs ago before the WSB heads decided to handicap multi 750's in order to give the duc's a chance.

I say put a cc cap on the engines, if ya want to run a V Twin fine, but dont winge when its puts out half the horse power.

Cube for cube, make as much power as ya can, if ya engine configuration doesnt stack up change it or fuck off.

Any thoughts

Duke of Rogan
20th June 2003, 16:52
Originally posted by KiwiDan
A quick note regarding WSB,, If the suzi wasnt restricted the duc's would be on the menu like they used tobe yrs ago before the WSB heads decided to handicap multi 750's in order to give the duc's a chance.
Any thoughts

hehe. I'm no big WSB (SBK?) follower, but anyway, is the GSXR1000 not a 1000cc engine? (or near to it) I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't....

righto, I'm off now, see some of you tomorrow at Albany 10ish.

now I've got a reason not to drink too much tonight :(

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Coldkiwi
20th June 2003, 18:11
are they running restrictors in the British Superbikes? from what I can gather, there's a good deal of close racing from all manufacturer/teams there (dukes, Suzi's, Yamahas etc) so if they don't use restrictors on the inline 4's and the dukes are still competitive, why in WSB?

KiwiDan
20th June 2003, 20:09
Yea, I believe multis are restricted in the brit series and world series, theres no way they jumped from 750cc open to 1000 cc open, you only have to look at the 998 or 999 in the R form, 130 ish HP compared to R1's Blades and Gixxers ranging from 140 - 164 hp. Doesnt add up ???

Marmoot
20th June 2003, 22:26
I heard that the litre-bikes can only be used by privateer teams. Factory-backed teams can only use the 750s (or 996)

KiwiDan
21st June 2003, 08:12
you might be right, im not sure on that, i know the brit series has done a lot of testing to get the power ratio between v twins and multi thou's similar, i guess to try and get rid of domination in any config of engine type.

It still bugs me that in racing they disadvantage one engine config to allow another to have a shot, and to the point where the lesser becomes the dominating config, theres no sport in that, F 1 cars have a 3 ltr cap, you can run v8, v10 , v12 , what ever your choice, but 3 ltrs is the rule and with a weight set as well. If ya v8 doesnt make the power of a v 10 , which it doesnt, dont use it, and you will notice they dont.

If ya cant get 1 hp outa 1 cube thats your problem ???

PS ... Ride south meets at 3 a Spruce Pl  Totara Heights Manukau 9 - 930

Dan

bikerboy
21st June 2003, 15:42
My apologies to the guys heading north today.:(

For some strange reason (power outage?) all my clocks were off by two hours. Woke up nice and refreshed to go riding at 8:30 am but was really 10:30 am. Didn't notice till I got to the petrol station and their clock said a quarter to 12!

I'll try and go Sunday, hope the weather holds. Anyway, hope you guys had a safe and good ride.
:niceone: :argh:

Yamahamaman
21st June 2003, 18:28
My apologies to the guys heading north today.:(

No worries BB. Look forward to catching up with you sometime.

Duke of Rogan
23rd June 2003, 09:35
haha BikerBoy, you must of had a big Friday night!

Sat was good, but I wish I could of gone Sunday, espically after spotting a very large group of bikes and their riders meeting in the car park behind the Warehouse in Albany (next to Challenge gas station).
There must of been about 100 people and not a cloud in the sky!
I assumed they were the Ulysses club because of the size of the meeting and the number of gray hairs :p

and dang it! I have a couple of pictures from the ride north, but I have misplaced the USB cable for my camera.... maybe tommorrow

bikerboy
23rd June 2003, 17:48
Thanks a lot guys, feel free to post lots of picture of the great rides I've missed.:argh:

SPman
23rd June 2003, 18:07
Yeah......me to (my own effin fault though - I will lie in until 10 oclock!):(

Duke of Rogan
24th June 2003, 09:19
OK, found my USB cable, so heres a couple of snaps from the ride North on Saturday.
heres another shot at the SH16 lookout (done my best to lighten it up)

Duke of Rogan
24th June 2003, 09:21
and heres one from Orewa (rain forced us to choose a SH1 return :( where it rained also)