PDA

View Full Version : EarPlugs: A plug for 'Plug 4 Lugz'

Duc
10th March 2007, 15:35
If you are looking for moulded custom fit earplugs...pop down to Pukekohe on Sunday and have Grant and Sue wiz you up a set.

Got mine done today and they are very comfortable and very effective. Far more comfortable than my Alpines and much better than the foam disposables

$65 and it takes a few minutes only to get them done.

I even had a set made up for for my IPOD ($220)

Thanx Sue . Great job and Im delighted. :2thumbsup

paulj
11th March 2007, 07:16
If you are looking for moulded custom fit earplugs...pop down to Pukekohe on Sunday and have Grant and Sue wiz you up a set.

Got mine done today and they are very comfortable and very effective. Far more comfortable than my Alpines and much better than the foam disposables

$65 and it takes a few minutes only to get them done.

I even had a set made up for for my IPOD ($220)

Thanx Sue . Great job and Im delighted. :2thumbsup

Yeah - I agree - Sue filled m'ears with pink gunge in the lounge at Rotorua airport a month or so back when I was passing through ... a few weird looks from passers by and I did feel like a plonker with two bits of string hanging out of my ears for a few minutes.

Great devices - comforable, easy to insert and effective in stopping wind and bike noise - useful for partners who yap on too much also!

I had always had some problems in keeping the foam type ones in my left ear - kept popping out after my helmet was on. Turned out that my left lug'ole was rather shorter than the right one and this was the reason they would not stay put.

All in all, great devices, economical compared to other personalised brands and Sue and Grant are helpful and know their business - highly recommended.

Gremlin
12th March 2007, 15:07
They left early... once all the tidying up had been done, marshal's overalls radios etc put away... all gone... I wanted a set :crybaby:

Duc
12th March 2007, 16:37
They left early... once all the tidying up had been done, marshal's overalls radios etc put away... all gone... I wanted a set :crybaby:

Thats a pity. I am so convinced that riders should look after their ears and the worth of this product that I wonder if some one like MotoMail , Haldanes, AMPS (or others) would let Sue and Grant (come up from Rotorua,) and station themselves in the Bike Shops for a couple of days over a weekend and sort out the Auckland riders' ears.

These guys get charged a fortune to set up at the race meets but I see it as a vital service to riders health. (Like leathers)

ACC should bloody sponsor/subsidise it even.

How about it guys? (A promotional opportunity)

Simon A
12th March 2007, 17:46
Where might one purchase some of these earplugs if they don't attend race meetings and what not? I really badly need some decent plugs, the cheap squashy foam ones still leave my ears ringing after a motorway ride.

ferrix
12th March 2007, 18:11
There is also an interesting DIY option: it comes in the shape of two little jars of putty which you mix up and stuff in your ear. Once it sets - voila - your own custom-made ear plug at a lot less cost and without a need to go anywhere or make appointments. On the downside, if you screw up you are solely responsible :)

The kit can be ordered from http://www.diycustomplugs.co.uk/diy_ear_plugs.shtml, delivery took just a couple of days to Australia - I have no complaints. That goes for quality as well though I never had professionally made custom plugs so I can't compare but they certainly work better than foam cheapies I used previously.

FROSTY
12th March 2007, 18:22
good news for abyone coming to the great kiwibiker track day
Yep they will be there all day Long
I used them for the very first time on sunday and the difference in my sound perception is phenominal

Gremlin
12th March 2007, 22:37
I used them for the very first time on sunday and the difference in my sound perception is phenominal
How did you find them? I use the alpine ones currently, with yellow inserts (blocks more noise) but find that they either don't block enough, or can loosen, causing a gap, which of course lets more noise in...

Speaking to them on Sunday morning... they said a 45dB drop, which sounds fantastic.

The_Dover
13th March 2007, 06:50
do they do custom butt plugs too?

I really think all riders should take good care of their anus.

Duc
13th March 2007, 17:56
How did you find them? I use the alpine ones currently, with yellow inserts (blocks more noise) but find that they either don't block enough, or can loosen, causing a gap, which of course lets more noise in...

Speaking to them on Sunday morning... they said a 45dB drop, which sounds fantastic.

I doubt it is 45db attenuation. My understanding is that the best the US Airforce supplies to guys launching jets off aircraft carriers is -38dB. Thats a lot and one can be sure they get the best available.

None the less , these work more effectively than Alpines in my experience.

Plugz 4 Lugz
14th March 2007, 21:00
You have me wondering about this too!!! We can only quote what is written on the Aust/NZ Std test sheet, which we have available. It's all numbers etc, but you have highlighted that perhaps we should have it for reading by our 'plugees' for verification. Thank you for the feedback:) Cheers Sue

FROSTY
14th March 2007, 22:16
I dont know any fancy numbers. All I know is that the distractuing roar of bike/helmet noise all but dissapeared when I used em--Once i get used to them I know for sure they are gonna make me faster
ohh and for once no sound of chrickets chirping after a race --NOICE :Punk:

paulj
15th March 2007, 06:29
I doubt it is 45db attenuation.
None the less , these work more effectively than Alpines in my experience.

Agreed - it's definitely not of that order - because the plugs are not held in the ear in a 'standard' way (headband...) I doubt that it would be possible to guarantee a figure. This may make certification for industrial uses difficult.

I still get wind noise because the plugs themselves conduct the sound into the ear drum - and it can be quite loud depending on how firmly I have seated them. If my plugs were slightly larger than the ear contours, they would be even more effective.

However they are way ahead of the foam types and they are VERY comfortable - in any case I do like to hear some noise! Isn't that what biking is about too?

Plugz 4 Lugz
18th November 2007, 20:50
...... it's amazing what you find when you poke around the threads:) Thought I'd drop you a quick line as we are heading to Ruapuna in January - just in case some of your jealous mates want some custom made earplugs. Cheers Sue

Yeah - I agree - Sue filled m'ears with pink gunge in the lounge at Rotorua airport a month or so back when I was passing through ... a few weird looks from passers by and I did feel like a plonker with two bits of string hanging out of my ears for a few minutes.

Great devices - comforable, easy to insert and effective in stopping wind and bike noise - useful for partners who yap on too much also!

I had always had some problems in keeping the foam type ones in my left ear - kept popping out after my helmet was on. Turned out that my left lug'ole was rather shorter than the right one and this was the reason they would not stay put.

All in all, great devices, economical compared to other personalised brands and Sue and Grant are helpful and know their business - highly recommended.

McDuck
18th November 2007, 21:46
So i am not the only one to be singing the praze of there plugs then :)

zadok
19th November 2007, 08:28
Had the same things done here in Perth. I've just had a 1200km W/E down South and wouldn't have wanted to be without them. They are great. No more disposables for me.:2thumbsup

Plugz 4 Lugz
19th November 2007, 20:10
Thanks Marty...... for an ex kiwi it's great to see you're not sceptical about saving your hearing at great speed over long distances:)

Had the same things done here in Perth. I've just had a 1200km W/E down South and wouldn't have wanted to be without them. They are great. No more disposables for me.:2thumbsup

Plugz 4 Lugz
19th November 2007, 20:17
........ not now but I think you led the 'charge':niceone: Too bad I've overstepped my threadvertising and been slapped by some Dunedians. I guess the few want to keep the majority from having quieter rides. I've had many riders looking for us but not in the obvious places, so when I advertise us doing the distance on a Dunedin thread I get a spam-slap from a grumper:( But thank you for your support, hope to see you again soon, regards Sue

So i am not the only one to be singing the praze of there plugs then :)

ipod1098
19th November 2007, 20:28
Excuse me but is Kiwibiker or any associated charities seeing any gratitude through the constant" plugs for lugs" PLUGS....... and there are PLENTY!

peg
19th November 2007, 22:10
Excuse me but is Kiwibiker or any associated charities seeing any gratitude through the constant" plugs for lugs" PLUGS....... and there are PLENTY!

It's easy to tell what the thread is about. If you don't like it... don't read it.

McDuck
19th November 2007, 22:33

Do you piss on quazimoto for his gear threads?
(i have no problem with quazi, just an example)

Switch
19th November 2007, 22:38
I love my plugs, got them made up at Big Boys Toys, they have been great so far.
I love my Quasi gear...Gotta support the local guy

BIGBOSSMAN
19th November 2007, 23:09

Dude, these things will keep you from going deaf - I've no problem with the Plugz for Lugz guys promoting their product. Listen up!!

Plugz 4 Lugz
20th November 2007, 20:30
The wants of the few will always outweigh the needs of the many :)

A huge THANK YOU to our happy plugees. May your hearing be protected at speed!!!

scracha
21st November 2007, 06:29
Dude, these things will keep you from going deaf - I've no problem with the Plugz for Lugz guys promoting their product. Listen up!!

No offence, there's plugging your product and there's completely spamming the forums. Plugs4Lugs...you do a good product and service...no need to piss people off by hijacking every available post to plug your product. This would be one $hit forum if every bike shop did similar.

Now read my spammy signature please.

Plugz 4 Lugz
21st November 2007, 11:18
Point taken, over and over and over............. It's confirmed then, riders do actually read every thread!!!! It'll be a guarantee that we wont ever hear 'we can never find you' from anymore riders??

Blue Velvet
21st November 2007, 11:29
Point taken, over and over and over............. It's confirmed then, riders do actually read every thread!!!! It'll be a guarantee that we wont ever hear 'we can never find you' from anymore riders??

Don't listen to the twats, plug away. It bought my attention to your product :)

skidMark
21st November 2007, 11:32
Do they do custom butt plugs too?

I think all riders need to take good care of thier anus.:bleh:

Usarka
21st November 2007, 12:01
Do they do custom butt plugs too?

I think all riders need to take good care of thier anus.:bleh:

Man thats a funny original post. did you come up with that by yourself????

oh wait.......

do they do custom butt plugs too?

I really think all riders should take good care of their anus.

McDuck
22nd November 2007, 09:12

oh wait.......

lololololololol

Plugz 4 Lugz
22nd November 2007, 19:54
......... thanks heaps:) have we met yet to plug you? Cheers Sue

Don't listen to the twats, plug away. It bought my attention to your product :)

Usarka
22nd November 2007, 19:56
thats just a shameless plug!

:lol:

(yes, bloody good too they are thanks!)

Plugz 4 Lugz
22nd November 2007, 19:57
.... supply the butt, we'll plug it - for an appropriate price (chargeable by the bucket load)

oh wait.......

Plugz 4 Lugz
22nd November 2007, 20:02
I guess there's odd butts like there is odd ears, we've seen 'em all:) - large, small, dirty, hairy.......... it's only kinky the first few times.:eek:

thats just a shameless plug!

:lol:

(yes, bloody good too they are thanks!)