PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos and bikes

SpinFx
11th March 2007, 15:54
From what I've seen most 'bikers' have tattoos. Has anyone got a tattoo of there bike or at least the name / brand of their bike tattooed on them?

If so I'm sure people would like to see them..........

Crasherfromwayback
11th March 2007, 16:22
Isn't there? Honda?

macmotortrimmer
11th March 2007, 16:26
I those those bikers are Harley owners :lol: Once they've bought all the branded accessories, they need to cover themselves in the name!
I think it's stupid to tattoo a bike make on you cause we change 'em so often...

Hanne
11th March 2007, 18:15
I think it's stupid to tattoo a bike make on you cause we change 'em so often...

Could have a list all down your arm (GN at the top? :P)... but then the current bike might get jealous.
:angry:
constantly reminded of the 'other women' etc...

TonyB
11th March 2007, 18:44
Isn't there? Honda?

Turtles partying around a camp fire?:gob:

Turtles

:mellow:

JimO
11th March 2007, 18:50
you need to think about 50 years in the future

laRIKin
11th March 2007, 19:23
I have had Moto Guzzi's for over 14 years and have had 5 of them in that time.
And normally seem to have 3 or 4 at one time.
One for 14 years (just sold it) one for 12 (still have it) and one for 10 years ( sold it a few years ago).
The other two, since Xmas. (the new toys)

So one day I may get the Guzzi Eagle tattooed some where.
I think I've earn't it.:dodge:
Or a padded room.:yes:

Crasherfromwayback
11th March 2007, 19:30
Turtles partying around a camp fire?:gob:

Turtles

:mellow:

Actually.....they're dancing and drinking too.
And the fire? Well, you wouldn't want them to get hypothermia would you?

Steam
11th March 2007, 19:32
Yeah, turtles, they're HARD, dude.:laugh:

NotaGoth
11th March 2007, 19:32
You're skin.... You're body... Who cares what anyone else thinks when it comes to inking.... If you love if thats what counts...... ;)

Crasherfromwayback
11th March 2007, 19:40
Yeah, turtles, they're HARD, dude.:laugh:

Didn't have tattoos done to be seen as 'hard' mate.
If I did....I'd do some meaningless shit like 'skulls' etc....
My friends are the best people you'd ever meet. They're cruisers. Laid back.
Chilled out....we used to all sit round fires and drink.....talk shit....boogie....pass out.
That's them. Turtles. It's my view of them. I'm not interested in having tattoos like every other person.
That didn't come from a tattoo magazine like most tattoos people have....it came from my imagination, and my feelings towards my friends.

You're skin.... You're body... Who cares what anyone else thinks when it comes to inking.... If you love if thats what counts...... ;)

You've got it Love.:sunny:

Steam
11th March 2007, 20:02
Chilled out....we used to all sit round fires and drink.....talk shit....boogie....pass out.
That's them. Turtles. It's my view of them. I'm not interested in having tattoos like every other person.
That didn't come from a tattoo magazine like most tattoos people have....it came from my imagination, and my feelings towards my friends.

Nah, I didn't mean it as a nasty comment, it was a pun about turtles having shells and being hard. Like, literally hard.

Crasherfromwayback
11th March 2007, 20:06
Nah, I didn't mean it as a nasty comment, it was a pun about turtles having shells and being hard. Like, literally hard.

lol....well that's ok then. I won't set our work 'Leatherback' (the office lady) onto you then.:shutup:

SpinFx
11th March 2007, 20:20
you need to think about 50 years in the future

Well I'll be 83 in 50 years, by then the wrinkles will cover most of my tatts , I'll be too old for job interviews and frankly wont really give a ???? I'll sit around the smokeless campfire ( government legislation ) and explain to the grandkids how we used to ride bikes that had wheels and were combustion powered.

I see tattoos as memories mortilized in the skin ( much like photos but they last a life time.

Lissa
12th March 2007, 14:37
I want a tattoo.... to me they symbolise a part of your life, an experience you have been through or a memory. It has to mean something to me, something that when I look at it, I remember thats where I was at that stage in my life. Is why I am still trying to figure out after 10 years what it is I want.

Viking Steven Poulson
12th March 2007, 15:05
I have Triumph Tattooed on my chest from the good old days when I hung around withn the 61s days I will always remember

Viking Steven Poulson
12th March 2007, 15:09
Hey people why not get a tattoo so we can leave this world with something we did not have when we were born and at least it is not an S.T.D:yes:

LilSel
12th March 2007, 15:09
Isn't there? Honda?

Who Cares... Turtles rock :Punk:

skelstar
12th March 2007, 15:28
Is why I am still trying to figure out after 10 years what it is I want.
So you gonna get 'SV1000S' or 'CB900F' (or even 'GN250') tattooed into your back or something?

Lissa
12th March 2007, 15:33
So you gonna get 'SV1000S' or 'CB900F' (or even 'GN250') tattooed into your back or something?

I have been told that it would be very dorky to have GN250 tattooed on me and no one would talk to me... bit like having honda.. :dodge:

Nope if its going to be a bike.. it would be the SV!

Viking Steven Poulson
12th March 2007, 16:41
From what I've seen most 'bikers' have tattoos. Has anyone got a tattoo of there bike or at least the name / brand of their bike tattooed on them?

If so I'm sure people would like to see them..........

yep I have a couple----TRIUMPH ON MY CHEST---my 1st love and four bikes on a run down my right upper arm, got my best bike on my left upper arm but she won't let me take a pic of her for ewes, sorry but she one tough mama

Viking Steven Poulson
12th March 2007, 17:01
I also have a Viking head on my right fore-arm as I am of Viking decent. Once you get one tat it is very addictive you are always looking out for a spot for a new one and I have heaps more to go. cheers!

SpinFx
12th March 2007, 18:38
I have Triumph Tattooed on my chest from the good old days when I hung around withn the 61s days I will always remember

Way to go, had a couple of good years myself, got to ride mates 650 Bonny ( gears on rh side ), 750 bonny, and an old triple. Mohaka rodeo run too. Like the 4x bike tatt. Thanks for posting. ya pics.

ArcherWC
12th March 2007, 18:53
I loved my Aprillia

Viking Steven Poulson
12th March 2007, 18:55
Dont get a honda tat oki promise lol

TonyB
12th March 2007, 19:07
Actually.....they're dancing and drinking too.
And the fire? Well, you wouldn't want them to get hypothermia would you?

Good on you. Good call on the 'hard' thing too- if people want to mark themselves with an image that will last forever, it should be something that means something to them personally, not something done purely to 'impress' others.

Oakie
13th March 2007, 18:45
It has to mean something to me, something that when I look at it, I remember thats where I was at that stage in my life. Is why I am still trying to figure out after 10 years what it is I want.
Plenty of time yet. It took me 20 years to decide.

sunhuntin
13th March 2007, 19:14
was thinkin of getting my license plates done on me...since im not allowed the actual plates. lol. have a list down one arm. but ive got two other tats i want first, and no idea where they will go. one is an arm band, but not sure what arm. the other id like to near my heart, but with gravity and aging, it wouldnt look good for long. lol.

T-Thunder13
13th March 2007, 19:33
to the overly "pc" folk the new tatoo is no tatoo. screw that. the pain is good. and the tats... there addictive. get one.:Punk:

Lissa
13th March 2007, 20:43
Plenty of time yet. It took me 20 years to decide.
Yep.. I dont want one just for the sake of it. My sister-inlaw has quite a few, they all mean something to her, represent something from that time in her life when she got it, and doesnt regret any of them.. because that would be regreting the road she took in life to get where she is now. I think if I did get one, it would be something to do with the three most important people in my life... my kids.