PDA

View Full Version : VTR Headlight & Speedo Unit

Farab
11th March 2007, 16:14
Has any one got advice on what I can use to replace my VTR 250's headlight and Speedo unit - both were smashed beyond repair. $700 for a new speedo unit and about $500 in total to replace the headlight, casing and brackets.

Chisanga
11th March 2007, 16:55
Try a wreckers? I'm sure someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction... but parts are REALLY expensive.

I was quoted $1300ish for my speedo/tacho on my 2006 VTR thankfully someone elses insurance company i spaying for it (and other stuff :))

Farab
11th March 2007, 17:11
Thanks. I already tried them. As you can imagine - items that are in the front of the bike are hard to come by second hand - those are 99% of the time the stuff that gets damaged. I was thinking maybe more in the line of aftermarket / generic parts.

crazybigal
11th March 2007, 18:01
have you seen the red one on trade me being wrecked? is yours the one with the rev counter or without? also try malcolm at econohonda, he is a good guy and good prices. also GP honda in tauranga are good on prices if you want new stuff, talk to karen there.

crazybigal
11th March 2007, 18:02
i think his is the speedo only version

Try a wreckers? I'm sure someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction... but parts are REALLY expensive.

I was quoted $1300ish for my speedo/tacho on my 2006 VTR thankfully someone elses insurance company i spaying for it (and other stuff :))

Farab
11th March 2007, 18:42
Thanks for the leads! Mine is the speedo only version The indicator, warning lights, etc, side is still ok, Just the speedo thats busted. Was thinking of installing a digital speedo from Botany Honda - doesn't look the best though.

Shorts
16th March 2007, 13:41
I've been thinking of upgrading my speedo-only dash andgoing with a digital unit. Veypor is cool, but a little too much $$. The alternative is Acewell digital meters (models range $119-$199).

On some JPN sites, guys are using speedos from VTZ250s and trabsplating them onto VTR250s.

Babelfish
16th March 2007, 14:12
Alternative could be a "street fighter" project. I got a stone through my headlight a couple of weeks back and after a quote for $400 to replace it I am considering...um.....aftermarket options :whistle: