PDA

View Full Version : Grrr! Buggrit! Feck it!

yungatart
11th March 2007, 17:00
Aaarrrggghhh!
I bloody dropped it again! Went out for a nice liitle pootle and to show off some of the HB countryside to our Finnish boy, today. The weather is superb, hot and sunny - did I mention hot! Headed off down HW50 to Tikokino, stopped at the pub there and had some refreshments, met some of the locals and chewed the fat. Then off to Waipawa, and back home via HW 2, so Henry could see more of the countryside.
HW 50 has some twisties, some would say nice, not me at this stage. I chose to focus on my cornering, keeping my eyes up and looking at the exit and was doing pretty well. I could feel myself improving...maybe that was my downfall.
HW 2 is boring, so I thought I would focus on maintaining my speed in the corners, so far, so good. There was quite a big section of roadworks, all gravel, which I negotiated without mishap.
Further up the road, is some resealing at a roundabout, I slowed, changed down , braked, before entering the gravel,changed down again, but the tractor coming from my right was looming ever larger, so being a stupid twat, I grabbed a handful of front brake!
No prizes for guessing what came next!
I have broken the L front indicator, again, damaged the headlight, and the speedo, again, put yet another dent in the tank, and bent the gear shift again!!
Mstrs picked it up off the road, and gave me a severe telling off for scaring him again! Apparently he doesn't like to see me go down, well, not on the road anyway! My helmet hid the road pretty hard, and I have the beginnings of a headache. I bent the nose piece if my glasses, too, but otherwise no damage to me!
I rode home, leaving Mstrs to try and catch up with me...seems every prat and his dog came between us after I took off, well, so he says anyway.
Thankyou,my darling, for being my knight in shining armour, yet again:love:

beyond
11th March 2007, 17:12
AAAwwww noooo... :(

I didn't think you would be back on the bike so soon but must be better aye?

Sorry to hear you dropped it. What a pain. Hope you didn't hurt yourself or do damage to the already hurt bits?

Colapop
11th March 2007, 17:13
You wanna get one o' them rubber bikes ow! Just as well you're not too badly banged up. Get it checked at your next appointment tomorrow... (you're at the doc everyday aren't you?)

Umm and can you please stop falling off?

MSTRS
11th March 2007, 17:15
Mstrs...gave me a severe telling off for scaring him again!

Never did!! But I do have ways of making you pay...:innocent:

Colapop
11th March 2007, 17:16
Take her freckin' keys off her!

doc
11th March 2007, 17:19
You're just winding us up aren't you ?

MSTRS
11th March 2007, 17:25

Nup.......

kneescraper
11th March 2007, 17:38
Guttered, sorry to hear about the crash. Dont let it keep you down, its all a learning curve but I think you know that already.

I hope we can all meet up and go for a ride when I come to Napier some day soon.

merv
11th March 2007, 17:41
Time you got a trail bike 'tart they don't mind being dropped so often.

Nasty
11th March 2007, 18:06
Share my Mantra

Loose gravel rear brakes .. loose gravel rear brakes .. hands away from front lever .. loose gravel rear brakes ... foot at the ready :mellow:

yungatart
11th March 2007, 18:15
(you're at the doc everyday aren't you?)

Umm and can you please stop falling off?
Yeah, but that is only to get my supply:innocent: My intention is to never fall off - the road to hell is paved with good intentions

Take her freckin' keys off her!
Shut up you!

Would I do a thing like that?

Guttered, sorry to hear about the crash. Dont let it keep you down, its all a learning curve but I think you know that already.

I hope we can all meet up and go for a ride when I come to Napier some day soon.
Look forward to it mate! Tis a learning curve for sure, but I forgot all that I'd ever read/heard about gravel ...will not forget again!

Time you got a trail bike 'tart they don't mind being dropped so often.
My EL would never protest at being droped, my hsband, on the other hand, different matter!

Share my Mantra

Loose gravel rear brakes .. loose gravel rear brakes .. hands away from front lever .. loose gravel rear brakes ... foot at the ready :mellow:

Nasty, I will never forget again!

I guess I was so focused on the things i was focused on, that I wasn't concentrating enough on my surroundings... lesson learned there too!
I was feeling pretty chuffed with my ride, tis only the second time out on the bike since I binned.
Still I'm not hurt, and it didn't appear to knock my mojo either, i rode really well after it too!
Go figure!

merv
11th March 2007, 18:20
My EL would never protest at being droped, my hsband, on the other hand, different matter!

Why, how many times have you dropped him?

Mind you, he'll mend, whereas the bikes need repairing.

paturoa
11th March 2007, 18:46
Bummer

- should I poiint out that MSTRS didn't do the red arrow thing to the end of the clutch lever as well?

What did Fin say, I assume he was on the back of MSTRS?

(as opposed to Finn being on MSTRS back - shudder!)

Dooly
11th March 2007, 19:53
Bloody hell, again!

At least you got out of it well.

HW50 seemed popular today, I saw dozens of bikes going down there all day from our house.
Great day for a ride.

judecatmad
11th March 2007, 19:57
Ooh, ouch! :(

Glad you're OK tho chicky - that's the main part!

You take care out there....I have a roll of bubble wrap here you could borrow if you need it?! LOL

Mom
11th March 2007, 20:06
Aaarrrggghhh!
I bloody dropped it again! :love:

Dammit Janet!!!

You take care PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I hate road works!!!

u4ea
11th March 2007, 20:17
:innocent: I guess I was so focused on the things i was focused on, that I wasn't concentrating enough on my surroundings... lesson learned there too!
I was feeling pretty chuffed with my ride, tis only the second time out on the bike since I binned.
Still I'm not hurt, and it didn't appear to knock my mojo either, i rode really well after it too!
Go figure!:innocent:

awwwwwww nooooooo......bad luck chicky!!sounds like you need wrapping in cotton wool again !!! glad youre not too hurt and hope the headache doesnt get too bad.Those dents in the tank are narley!!!I neally had a woops today.Was riding with 3 others and suddenly the back end of the kwaka looked real good as I grabbed a handful of brake after a cage decided to swerve in front of us not seeing the cage in front of him was turning(all at 100 ks)..remember it only happens to the best of us!!!:rockon:

cowboyz
11th March 2007, 20:19
tsk tsk. not again. you have to stop doing this!

Drum
11th March 2007, 20:26
Will you give that bike a rest please! What did it ever do to you?

Glad you're OK YT.

Chickadee
11th March 2007, 20:45
Hope you're not feeling too silly, things happen but we just have to keep getting back in the saddle!

Hope your feeling better soon!

Lots of love
Chickadee

SDU
12th March 2007, 12:53
Shit happens! Buggar! Bikes can be fixed & the main thing is you're ok. Heres to getting back out there soon.

Swoop
12th March 2007, 13:56
Training wheels?????:dodge: :dodge: :dodge:

MSTRS
12th March 2007, 14:03
Hey Swoop - best you be hiding real well....she'll be reading that soon!!

Mrs Busa Pete
12th March 2007, 14:10
Shit you take care out there GIRL so glad to here you are ok.

Maha
12th March 2007, 14:14
Dont go for the Trifecta Janet....well not that way please....:scooter:

fozz rock
12th March 2007, 14:49
Shit i binned my bike on HW50 too(a year ago)

going north at the welcome to Hastings sign, turns out i cant read and ride at the same time :shutup:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
12th March 2007, 15:38
Sounds like you were real lucky not to have hurt more body parts. Well you won't be scared of fallin off soon! I've dropped my bikes over the years - and now it's just "oh shit" hope the bike survives!!

Good that you got straight back on! Take care!

mstriumph
12th March 2007, 15:43
ouch!! glad you are ok though

[seems like every time you think you are improving you do something that makes you feel really STOOPID!!! i know the feeling sooooooooo well :yes: ]

yungatart
12th March 2007, 16:02
ouch!! glad you are ok though

[seems like every time you think you are improving you do something that makes you feel really STOOPID!!! i know the feeling sooooooooo well :yes: ]

I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I found a big bruise on my shoulder today, as well, never knew it was there until I walked in to the door - feeling a little accident prone at the moment....I might just need that bubble wrap, Judecatmad, its gotta be preferable to Swoop's offer of training wheels:shutup:

James Deuce
12th March 2007, 16:04
Ahem. Oh dear. Pleased you are only bruised.

Take care, or else.

yungatart
12th March 2007, 16:07
Take care, or else.

I'm not scared of you!!
You only threaten to come up here and teach me to ride - you don't actually turn up (well, once you did).
See, I told you I needed help....