PDA

View Full Version : Kat loose on the coast

dangerous
11th March 2007, 20:27
Ohhh yeah... what a awesome trip, in the last 18months I have covered over 20,000k's on the Guzzi... and yet another ride was planed this weekend gone, but I felt like a change... ahhh what the hell.

After spending a couple of nights sorting the Kat out... a 25yr old bike, it was ready to head for the coast.
I meet up with Bren and we headed on out to meet Rashika and BuellBabe in Graymouth and compleat the last leg of the Babes on Buells Tour 07 with them.

41k's out of town and the old girl was starting to fall apart, well not quite but the new speedo cable broke so it was guess work from then on.
I have not ridden the bike on the road before only thrashed the tits of it in post classic racing.
Tell ya what tho, the old beasty was bloody comfortable considering that when they came out they were considered a rough ride.

No more probs over the w/e we went over Aurthers and back the Lewis, awesome weather and to my suprise I loved the Kat to tour on, bloody good on fuel too, but the suspension is a tad stif for the road and being used to twins I had to remember to wind the tart out and from 7g on towards the red... it hauled massive, remembering its older than half of you lot

We stayed at the Blackball Hilton... ohh yeah we were on the coast allright, shit house, LOL what a dive... ohh yeah and while Bren praticed his 12 oclock wheelies... I did my 1st 9 oclock stand up off the side wheelie :Punk:

1) hurry up Bren, get ya shit togeather
2) Blackball Hilton
3) Rashika, dangerous, BrenChch & Buellbabe @ Refton.

Ghost_Bullet
11th March 2007, 20:48
And I thought that Hilton place was sposed be an alright place.... oh myth taken away...
Sounds like was a awesome ride.

skelstar
11th March 2007, 21:24
I suggested it as a stayover on my last trip and was a 'little' surprised when I saw it for the first time. 'Rustic' is what I said. Absolutely steeped in history though...bar-woman at the pub had some good stories.