PDA

View Full Version : blow off a sunny Sunday

petermonkeyguru
11th March 2007, 21:37
What an awesome day – I got up this morning, refreshed in the knowing that the weekend chores had been dealt with on Saturday (even cleaned the Bandit) and the day was largely free to enjoy.
First stop – breakfast at MacDonald’s with the kids, then I explained to my two littlies about sick kids in hospital and that there were going to be bunch of people on motorbikes takin them toys. They got into the spirit of things – selected a few toys to give away, then we all pilled into the van and headed over to Cambridge. Now I did feel like a spare arse turning up to the toys on bikes run in the van, but I was doin the family thing, and it was cool. A massive turn out, I caught up with a few mates and even had time to meet a few new ones.
Afterwards we took the kids to a playground then home for lunch – then;
The Bandit roared into life, the curves and tar beckoned.
I normal ride with others – but not today, just me the bike and the road. Sometime you just need to invest in some quality time with your bike.
The destination was of no consequence; it was the journey, the challenges, the expectation and intrepidness of heading out.
I was quickly into the ‘zone’ it was one of those days when you just seem to ‘fit’, Harmony.
I did some learning, some developing, got to find a couple of limits, my limits not the bikes.
Time seemed to stand still as the wind blew thru my soul and refreshed my spirit.
I like riding a motorbike.
Looking for the corner,:shit: down a gear, I line myself up for the corner, brakes, the slightest touch on the bar as I release the brake and she drops into the corner, roll on the throttle in to the apex:angry: and the front leaps up and the bike stands out of the corner, grab the next gear and line up for the next corner….:yes:
I could’ve done it all day.
Then off to a mates place to watch the moto GP he recorded with his TiBo!

Can you think of a nicer way to blow off a sunny:sunny: Sunday?:rockon:

Grub
11th March 2007, 21:42
Eloquently put. I love the way you describe being in the zone where it is ll so effortless and the corners straighten out and your lines are perfect. Nice, thanks for sharing ... here's a bling :first:

Quartermile
11th March 2007, 21:57
Yea similar myself did all they boring stuff yeturday which left today free for a ride from Tga to Matamata wasnt that far but Hell it was a frigging Brilliant ride:)

Switch
11th March 2007, 22:54
Good on yah. I also had a wicked day.

Then off to a mates place to watch the moto GP he recorded with his TiBo!

Try Tivo ;) Not being all teacher like or anything... :dodge:

Highlander
11th March 2007, 23:06
Good for you.

It is great to ride with mates, but you still have to get out on your own sometimes.

i went for a blast over the Kaimais in the rain the other day just because I could. Great fun.

TerminalAddict
12th March 2007, 07:36
choice dude :niceone:

was good to see it parked in my garage on Sunday .. what a fantastic buy

petermonkeyguru
12th March 2007, 20:36
choice dude :niceone:

was good to see it parked in my garage on Sunday .. what a fantastic buy

It did look good next to the other bikes. A big thanks for the link that put me onto it.
Sounds funny but I love the look of the fat rear wheel - I wanted a fat rear wheel. Everyone else had one and I didn't.

TerminalAddict
12th March 2007, 21:39
until you have to buy a replacment .. then you'll want something much cheaper :D

$330 for me .. tyre arrives next wednesday

petermonkeyguru
12th March 2007, 22:10
until you have to buy a replacment .. then you'll want something much cheaper :D

$330 for me .. tyre arrives next wednesday

NEXT Wednesday!!!!!!!:shit:

Lteejay
13th March 2007, 06:32
Sounds funny but I love the look of the fat rear wheel - I wanted a fat rear wheel. Everyone else had one and I didn't.

Not funny!! - I think my fat back tyre is the sexiest thing out there. :love:

MidnightMike
13th March 2007, 17:00
Yea similar myself did all they boring stuff yeturday which left today free for a ride from Tga to Matamata wasnt that far but Hell it was a frigging Brilliant ride:)

Especially when that whale of a twin shot past the cbr on the inside around one of the sweepers :shit: :Punk:

Quartermile
13th March 2007, 18:49
Yea stupid Honda:dodge:, sadly I couldn't see that cos I was ahead of both ya:msn-wink: